• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

I hope warrior gets some decent new weapons, 4 weapons seems little these days...

I like to see a weapon that silences the target you're hitting.

Dahbomb

I hope warrior gets some decent new weapons, 4 weapons seems little these days...

I like to see a weapon that silences the target you're hitting.
I think a weapon that silences straight up might be too strong. You know who's going to use that? Yeah that's right... fucking aggro decks. Imagine Hunters getting an Eaglehorn that instead of gaining durability from traps gets the ability to silence.

So just have a weapon that specifically targets Deathrattles.

ricelord

woot finally hit rank 6 just with control war.

12295.png

this fucker is very good when your opponent likes to draw out their decks.

Zoggy

i've won 3 games today where the player just saw that he was going against a paladin and instantly conceded

Pooya

Golden MC is the best thing to get, if there is any one card that can see a nerf in future, it's that. It's potentially a free legendary in future. Be sure to keep it.

That was what i got the very first month they started the rewards. It was a sign from god.

My first two epics from TGT were two Mysterious Challengers, I still haven't used them though. It just isn't the type of deck I like to play.

My first legendary was a dreadscale (also got a duplicate since then) and I still intend to make something of that but I am primarily waiting on getting lock and loads to accompany it. I think it is also a decent tech choice for midrange hunter atm due to paladin.

Golden MC is the best thing to get, if there is any one card that can see a nerf in future, it's that. It's potentially a free legendary in future. Be sure to keep it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that MC might never be nerfed. While I think the card itself is too good, I actually don't think the deck is too good. I would like to see it nerfed but I just don't think it is in a spot that blizzard will nerf it because their standard for a nerf is quite high.

Also, short of them simply printing stronger secrets, the card might not get much stronger in future releases. Since I don't think they'll print outright stronger secrets, I don't think they'll see it as a burden to develop around.

zoukka

MC will not be nerfed since it's the only thing enabling paladin secrets. They need OP cards like that to enable otherwise weak mechanics. Look at Mad Scientist.

I just absolutely dominated a secret paladin from start to finish. I wish I took screenshots. Turn 5 coin + MC too. Still rekt.

Basically this is what happened.

Turn 1 secret keeper countered by backstab on my turn 2.

My turn 2 I hero powered. His turn 2 he played minibot.

Turn 3 played dread corsair and poked his minibot's shield. He plays a secret and knife juggler.

Turn 4 I play autobarber and kill knife juggler with face which procs avenge which is easily taken down by eviscerate. So far my board is a 3/3 taunt and a 3/2. He plays a shredder.

I ignore and go face. Turn 5 I have an azure drake top deck, which was pretty good for filling my curve. He kills the 3/3 getting him a 3/2 off shredder. And he coins out MC for his turn 5 play.

Lets review quickly: He secret keepers, into minibot, into knife juggler + avenge, into shredder, into coin + MC. That is a pretty damn good curve imo. The only thing he missed with a muster for battle but even that would not have been a big deal since he was behind on board.

So I am staring at a MC + 3/2 and 5 secrets. I start with prep + fan, I am about to sap the MC after avenge (the 3/2 dies to due spellpower + fan). At this point I can go super ham and prep the sap out which would enable me to proc the noble sacrifice with hero power and get more damage on face. I decide to do so, and si7 agent the 3/1 from redemption.

His turn 6... MC. Gets a noble sacrifice off it. I am 2 damage off lethal with 4-5 minions on board. He concedes at the end of my turn 7.

Also 4-0 today with rogue, feels good :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Enrage deck doesn't have a Dr 1, Dr 2, Dr. 4 and Dr.6.

You have Grim Patron on the 5 mana slot, you have Berserker on the 3 mana slot, Dr.7 and Grommash at 8. At 2 mana the enrage deck is playing Unstable Ghouls, Taskmasters and Armorsmiths. These are generally weak offensive minions. You can play Amani Berserker in that slot but that card is not a dominant 2 drop at all (nothing like a Minibot for example). Same for that Warbot, it's not that threatening as a 1 drop.

For turn 4 you are forced to play Shredder because it's the god damn Shredder. There's no good 4 drop Enrage minion. Axe Flinger is butt cheeks and it probably wouldn't even see play even if it was a 3/5. Now if Axe Flinger was a 3/5 and chucked a 2 damage attack at random enemy minions whenever it got hit then you would have something there.

You don't have any 6 drop option for this deck either. Generally you are playing Grim Patron on turn 6 with a whirlwind while other decks are dropping Mysterious Challengers or Sylvanas or Emperor Balanced or Highmanes or actually ending the game by turn 6. That's why it was a failed opportunity to create a good Sea Reaver.

Imagine if Warrior had Gazrilla instead of Dr Balanced. Now that's what I am talking about!

An enrage deck doesn't have to have a Dr. at every slot. I'm not saying an enrage deck necessarily has to be aggressive in the same way that Secret Paladin is. The enrage mechanic is about making trades against small minions and then turning that trading power into a quick turnaround face damage. You essentially counter early aggression in the craziest way possible.

You know how anti-aggro priest basically just forces an aggro deck to run out of gas until it drains the life from their body? Enrage warrior essentially kills all the little dudes and then starts putting threats out that will scare the crap out of the aggro deck because you are now putting out more damage than they are. Kill commands against frothings. Weapon charges used on dragon eggs.

I don't think Axe Flinger is playable right now (just play Shredder or even Kor'kron now), but I wouldn't call it "butt-cheeks" either. If your opponent doesn't have a clean answer it can do more damage than you would expect. Second Charge of Death's Bite. Truesilver Champion + Dude. Responses like this essentially make an Axe Flinger a 6/5. Fireball makes it a Yeti that deals face damage like a leper gnome. It does poorly in minion trading against more midrange and control decks, and doesn't stack up well against shredder, but I think it's okay in an aggressive meta.

G.ZZZ

You know what would fix this game? Give us a standard format and a classic format. Make standard last 2 expansions + last 2 adventures. Make classic every card but only accessible after a while for new players.

This would:

- fix (relatively) the new players problem where they get overwhelmed by old players with all legendary decks at rank 20. With the "standard" play mode being only the last 4 expansions, getting the good cards would be far easier (compare to now where a lot of staple cards are old legendaries and epics)

- fix the power creep problem. Since card rotate, there's no need to strictly upgrade old cards, just create different ones and they will see play nonetheless.

- fix the staleness problem. Whenever a new expansion come out, the game change radically for standard players, even if the new expansion sucks.

- fix the "too good cards" problem. Relatively too good cards would just rotate out in due time, for example Shredder would rotate out as soon as the next big expansion after TGT hit.

- encourage players to buy new packs, regardless of how good those are. This is a big plus for blizzard, especially considering how much TGT and non-classic legendaries see play in general.

Yes i know this is literally standard in MtG and it has been said thousands of times before. But there's a reason it works economically big time for wotc and it would here too.

Brawls can die in a fire tbh.

Also fix arena by:

- rotate the pool instead of having an infinite one (like different pool every week or so). This would make so that an arena expire after a week, but it's hardly a big problem. On the other hand, it would vary the experience A LOT by doing essentially nothing.

6-3 as rogue today. Pretty good for a deck I am still tweaking. It leans towards anti-aggro and curving out smoother than oil atm.

CSkShMVUEAEmHsB.png

Dread Corsair is a nice touch since it has synergy with many cards and even helps combo as well.

Assassin's blade is also quite a nice card to include atm and can still win when you never draw it or it gets harrison'd. It lets you race a bit better vs aggro if you get ahead slightly and the same with druid because they don't commonly run harrison although I did run into one that did. But I've always found assassin's blade incredible vs paladin, because you are very often ahead on board by the time you use it.

I could probably exchange some of the cards cause currently the meta is not nearly as aggression heavy as it was before my 5 day hiatus.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ok if you are honest not counting where you are currently and disregarding Blizzard's bullshit where would you rank yourself?

I'd probably say I'm a 10 on the NA server. If I'm at the top of my game I am probably 7-8, but generally I'm a 10.

Haunted

Kinda random thread title reference, but I'll take it. :lol

Ok if you are honest not counting where you are currently and disregarding Blizzard's bullshit where would you rank yourself?

I'd probably say I'm a 10 on the NA server. If I'm at the top of my game I am probably 7-8, but generally I'm a 10.
Rank 12 EU

Legend NA

danowat

Banned
Only just started playing this as a new player to the game, and man alive, the people playing it are precious.

I'd say 9/10 games end in them conceding because they won't win by a landslide, normally if I chuck a 6 damage card at a players hero they pretty much quit straight away, is this indicative of the player base as a whole?, or is it just in the lower tiers of ranked play?

Honestly, if all my ridiculous and outrageous ideas worked as I planned them out, I'd #1 Legend all day, every day.

But since plans never work out, I'll always am be a rank 15 who tries real hard. Sometimes I hit rank 10 tho.

Haunted

Only just started playing this as a new player to the game, and man alive, the people playing it are precious.

I'd say 9/10 games end in them conceding because they won't win by a landslide, normally if I chuck a 6 damage card at a players hero they pretty much quit straight away, is this indicative of the player base as a whole?, or is it just in the lower tiers of ranked play?
There's a general consensus amongst the ladder-playing playerbase that it's polite to concede when the game is perceived as being lost as to not waste both player's time.

I personally think conceding is bullshit and don't like it. I never give up, never surrender and respect people that likewise fight until the end. But I might have a different perspective from most people as I don't want to grind as many games as possible in the shortest time possible as well as playing mostly control, so I don't mind longer games.

Pooya

Ok, let's play some patrons and destroy those paladins and face hunters...

*get matched with control warrior. 3 in a row*

urghurghhghg. at least I won one of them.

Legend EU and NA.... if I had enough time to play or cared to play more than necessary in current meta... but for now I'm just rank 4 EU and NA for the loot.

danowat

Banned
There's a general consensus amongst the ladder-playing playerbase that it's polite to concede when the game is perceived as being lost as to not waste both player's time.

I personally think conceding is bullshit and don't like it. I never give up, never surrender and respect people that likewise fight until the end. But I might have a different perspective from most people as I don't want to grind as many games as possible in the shortest time possible as well as playing mostly control, so I don't mind longer games.

Ahh, ok, that makes sense I guess.

My mindset is the same as yours though, I have had a couple of really tense and long games that could have gone either way which were really fun.

Duster

I like brawl, when it's a good week it's a better way to do dailies than the ladder.

Admittedly it's not so great when it's a bad week. It's even worse if they teased us with a fun sounding brawl and gave us fucking webspinners again, if they screwed it up they could have least thrown out the portal brawl again.

Also on the conceding issue it may still seem like it could go either way but often you know you've run out of steam and have no chance of a comeback.

Mysterious Challenger could easily be fixed if he could only summon three secrets. The problem with current MC - Paladin is that the secrets aren't in fact secret. If you see 5, you immediately know what you need to do and the sequencing. If only 3 pulled up, it would actually be way more difficult to predict which secrets were up. It wouldnt even necessarily be weaker considering the opponent might make sub-optimal plays as a result of not knowing exactly whats going on.

its not a perfect solution, but its the only reasonable one other than dropping its stats down to mistcaller tier

Owzers

Mysterious Challenger could easily be fixed if he could only summon three secrets. The problem with current MC - Paladin is that the secrets aren't in fact secret. If you see 5, you immediately know what you need to do and the sequencing. If only 3 pulled up, it would actually be way more difficult to predict which secrets were up. It wouldnt even necessarily be weaker considering the opponent might make sub-optimal plays as a result of not knowing exactly whats going on.

its not a perfect solution, but its the only reasonable one other than dropping its stats down to mistcaller tier

Blizzard will make more secrets in the next expansion and the problem will be fixed.

i'm stuck at rank 6 with hunter, i'm not supposed to get a golden epic apparently.

The funny thing is that I actually thought that the cap on secrets was 3 when I first saw this card. I thought people would run noble, avenge, and one other... and the card would be pretty much in line with savannah highmane.

I think a 3 secret deck could work and the upside would be more consistent draws before MC and less reliance on actually drawing MC. This can let you build the deck more aggressive or more towards controlling the early game.

Dahbomb

World Championship is on right now.

*Tunes in to see Hunter mirror at the start.

Next match Zoolock vs Secret Paladin.

Amaz getting hype for Mysterious Challenger top dick is cringeworthy.

Cat Party

I concede only if death is certain the next turn.

I don't mind when my opponent quits early. Counterspell is probably the best at getting those ragequits.

Raytow

So much whining about MC, still Druid the most overused POS class in the tournament, mirror match going right now, Brokeback

Top Bottom