• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Hey guys! I think all the paladins made legend so it is safe to play ranked for awhile.

Nope. I was just playing at ranks 5 and 6, and it was about 60% Paladins. There were a ton of priests, too. And quite a few Mages. The only other classes I played were 2 Hunters and a Warrior.

jgminto

Ok, I decided to try out Aggro Druid.
ZEX94Pt.png
dMaErwJ.png
Absolutely Disgusting.

manhack

It's not that Mysterious challenger is OP. It's that all of the paladin cards leading up to it and after are so fucking insane. Jesus

jgminto

MC should be a 5/4 or 5, the effect is powerful enough that it would still be run and it's still vulnerable to BGH when Avenge lands on it. When 6 Mana Legendary minions don't have that level of stats with arguably worse effects, it's insane that an Epic is 6/6.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There is no trade off for any of the choose options on Druid cards. It is not a very good piece of design.

Choose One is easily the best 'class identity' thing. Directly compared to overload, it's hilarious.

Even ones you never really use like the Lore heal can still be clutch in the right matchup(like face hunter) and save your ass. Aggro druid can still make a 4/6 taunt if the charge won't do a whole lot.

Saprol

took me until playing this week's brawl to realize how much damage savage roar deals because it's not minions but my hero too

Owzers

Stuck at 6 now....month is ending....should have crafted a secret paladin but i'm hoarding dust. When the great dust shortage of 2016 hits and i'm sitting on 3700 we'll see who's the better dust manager.

sibarraz

Banned
I heard that there is a new control rogue that is being played on tournaments and ladder, anyone has a decklist?

btw I won with agro druid when by turn 3 I played a fel reaver

ricelord

Couldn't ramshield and majordomo work in a deck.

say that if the hero is replace and don't die in the same turn they could summon ramshield for more health.

Dahbomb

I heard that there is a new control rogue that is being played on tournaments and ladder, anyone has a decklist?

btw I won with agro druid when by turn 3 I played a fel reaver
There's no Control Rogue being played in tournaments, just Oil Rogue.

This might be the list you are looking for:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/353220-legend-control-rogue

Couldn't ramshield and majordomo work in a deck.

say that if the hero is replace and don't die in the same turn they could summon ramshield for more health.
Problem with Majordormo is that more often that not it's activated on their turn and they can easily burst down 8 HP.

That said Ramshield does increase the max HP of Ragnoros to 17. Thing is that Ramshield can still get silenced and then you lose that extra HP instantly.

It works better in Handlock and Jaraxxus because you generally put it down on your own terms and 15 + 9 is a better health buffer.

CoolOff

Aggro Druid is amazing purely because of the fact that it shits on face huntard. They try and outrace until turn 5, when you drop the Fel Reaver, and they just panic. It's hilarious.

ricelord

Aggro Druid is amazing purely because of the fact that it shits on face huntard. They try and outrace until turn 5, when you drop the Fel Reaver, and they just panic. It's hilarious.

i just had a druid shit out a fel on me on turn two, too bad for him i had a execute.

Pooya

We heard you like secrets, so have some more secrets. Probably we get a new adventure in Dec then, current meta game already could use huge changes.

Maybe blue ? means shaman secrets...

Rockyrock

Blizz needs to come out with a card like Goblin Sapper that combats aggro decks.

a low cost card that has beefed up stats if your oppenent has 3 or less cards in hard.

something like "3/3, Has +2/+2 while your opponent has 3 or less cards in hand"

Dahbomb

Blizz needs to come out with a card like Goblin Sapper that combats aggro decks.

a low cost card that has beefed up stats if your oppenent has 3 or less cards in hard.

something like "3/3, Has +2/+2 while your opponent has 3 or less cards in hand"
I think a reverse Divine Favor type mechanic in the game would be cool.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Annoy-o-Mom
Battlecry: Stealth until your next turn.
At the end of your turn, summon an Annoy-o-Tron
1/3

Pooya

Annoy-o-Mom
1/3

See, this is a bad card. You innervate that thing, then groot then roar GG.

It's also way better than Hogger which is a 6 drop legendary.

Haly

Why not just "Can't Attack"?

Suspicious Boulder
Taunt
Can't Attack
At the end of your turn, summon a 1/2 Suspicious Rock.
2/3

Suspicious Rock
Taunt
Can't Attack
1/2

Haly

I don't like Hogger at all but it is unplayable.

A playable Hogger would also make tempo decks even more of a menace.

I work within these parameters.

Dahbomb

Annoy-o-Mom
1/3
Druid would abuse this card as would Paladin in Aggressive decks. Not to mention some of the other mech decks.

Annoyotron is supposed to be an anti aggro card but it's only used in aggressive decks because it is annoying to remove for control decks and it protects more important minions.

There are very few dedicated anti aggro cards in the game post classic set:

Unstable Ghoul: Whirlwind effect being symmetrical means that it's bad in aggressive decks. Same for the 1 attack.

Deathlord: Huge taunt, low attack and summons a minion from their deck. Only really used in Priest and Fatigue decks though. And these days the aggro decks can easily break the 8 HP to get another body on their side.

Zombie Chow: Until TGT this used to be played in Control decks to counter aggro, now Secret Paladins run it so they can have Dr.1 as well (as if Secret Keeper wasn't enough for them).

Dreadscale: Hunter only that really should've been a neutral Legendary.

Explosive Sheep: Basically Mage only anti aggro card.

Abomination: It's an anti aggro card but it's too slow and more importantly it damages own face.

Sludge Belcher: Two taunts for price of one.

Refreshment Vendor: Decent heal, ok body.

Tournament Medic: Most aggro decks don't in fact have many 1 health creatures. Without a taunt this is just going to get ignored on the board while you get tempo'd out.

Healbot: GG heal but these days even this is starting to be too slow. Putting this down on turn 5 while your opponent plays MC next means you already lost.

Bolf Ramshield: It's like a 3rd Healbot for decks that need. Problem.is that it's 6 mana and it can be silenced so you essentially lose 9+ HP if that happens.

Lil Exorcist: Usually it's too little too late.

Twilight Guardian: Very specific for dragon decks.

Chillmaw: It's very late game but this effect on a cheaper minion would be a very powerful anti aggro card. Also it's dragon specific.

As you can see all the good anti aggro cards were introduced in Naxx and almost nothing since then. TGT gave us expensive as fuck anti aggro cards that no one has time for. Oh and they gave us Jousting cards... LOL!

I can understand not running blade flurry, perhaps, but not running at least one fan of knives... plus running sprint over fan of knives... I have ran sprint in decks without preparation before, long ago before sword oil, and it just doesn't work out all that well. It is passing your turn so giving your opponent an opportunity to snowball or get back into the game.

I'm also just not seeing what makes the deck better than other control decks. I guess the things that really sets it apart is anubarak, skulker, and backstab. Within the neutral cards the synergy is found in spell power, so not having fan of knives again doesn't make much sense.

Can't really judge it from the sidelines but it doesn't look bad and seems to be working for the deck designer.

Pooya

In current meta I feel you need both FoK. I've been playing with one sprint and it's been fine. I'd rather have other card draws or minions with card draw currently. Even inventor isn't bad in rogue.

edit: I want to see the receipts on that deck, it's way too slow. Rogue isn't warrior, I don't think you can survive long enough to play KT and Anub'arak ever.

In current meta I feel you need both FoK. I've been playing with one sprint and it's been fine. I'd rather have other card draws or minions with card draw currently. Even inventor isn't bad in rogue.

I'm running 1 fok + 2 blade flurries atm. I haven't dropped a single game vs paladin yet (I'm like 7 or 8 wins deep now too) which is where FOK is arguably strongest.

I'm not a fan of inventor mainly because you're playing basically a 2.5 mana minion on turn 4. Autobarber, for example, a midling rogue minion that is frankly underrated, is like adding 2.5 mana worth of power to the board when played on turn 4 with a 2 durability weapon on, and you still have 2 mana to do other things (like equip hero power if necessary).

As for FOK, it is possible that double skulker is enough to cover a FOK in terms of removal power, plus instead of drawing a card it plays a minion which is arguably stronger... on the other hand the author says he lacks card draw and added sprint to fill that spot. Fan will be stronger vs aggro at least, and is buffed by the various spell power to be good even against control. So I can easily see cutting something questionable, like MCT, for FOK, or a skulker for a FOK.

edit:
Also, sometimes when your deck feels like it lacks card draw, it might just be because it is running too many situational cards. Cutting a card like MCT will boost the consistency so adding FOK for card cycle may not even be necessary at that point. If you do run it, your deck becomes even more consistent.

unrelated: nice just got illidan from the brawl win I put off doing. Second time, probably will dust again.

Haunted

I just now realised the OT6 in the thread title, didn't even think about it before. Someone needs to lock the previous thread (OT7) to prevent further confusion. :lol

ViviOggi

Decide to play one game of constructed

I WILL FIGHT WITH HONOR

Get the god hand to deal with coined MC perfectly, end the turn with a 3/3 Belcher and 4/1 BGH against a single token

lol whatever Uther just barfs out random cards on turn 6 then plays Dr. 7 into Dr. 8

I've seen some shit following Blizzard's clueless balancing attempts over the years but slowly but surely they finally managed to make playing a previously fine game utterly fucking pointless.

And the worst of all is that I'm one of the many fools who preordered the sad joke that is TGT

Pooya

I already threw this up on Reddit but I'll just echo my own opinion here on the card back tease for November.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20090526135148

im pretty sure this is just yogg sarons pool (the area in ulduar where you fight the boss), i have done the instance way too many times to not notice this right off the bat.

That looks like a good match to me, yogg saron probably will be some 9 drop in the last wing that never sees play while there is some random other thing hardly anyone recognizes for 5-6 mana that will be too good.

Dragner

Decide to play one game of constructed

I WILL FIGHT WITH HONOR

Get the god hand to deal with coined MC perfectly, end the turn with a 3/3 Belcher and 4/1 BGH against a single token

lol whatever Uther just barfs out random cards on turn 6 then plays Dr. 7 into Dr. 8

I've seen some shit following Blizzard's clueless balancing attempts over the years but now they finally managed to make playing a perfectly fine game utterly fucking pointless.

And the worst of all is that I'm one of the many fools who preordered the sad joke that is TGT

Firebat adressed this problem in his last video. Everybody should check that out. 6 minutes of pure and sad truth.

The joke is that blizzard wont nerf MC, because TGT is so bad that they need some cards to attract store purchases.

Pooya

Current state of the game is looking more and more like Diablo 3 after launch, lol. Everybody is angry, no one is happy, changes Blizzard does are all awful awful, everyone calling for Jay Wilson's head, the difference is that Hearthstone is still very successful. I hope at Blizzcon they talk about future, another adventure really doesn't matter. This passive management of the game isn't working. I don't think current model is very sustainable through another year, they need to change their attitude toward balancing. What will happen is that they won't do anything until the game has declined considerably, then they realize they have to implement changes and probably some familiar faces will be replaced...

Dragner

2 epics? That is nothing.

Better than nothing it is.

The only true money staple of the set is justicar trueheart. Other legendaries may appear sometimes (ronin, nexus, chillmaw) but justicar is the only card that will remain for sure 100% in the metagame.

Other cards that are 100% staples are twilight guardian and MC. Isnt like blizzard is in a position to nerf with so low quality and power in the set.

Better than nothing it is.

The only true money staple of the set is justicar trueheart. Other legendaries may appear sometimes (ronin, nexus, chillmaw) but justicar is the only card that will remain for sure 100% in the metagame.

Other cards that are 100% staples are twilight guardian and MC. Isnt like blizzard is in a position to nerf with so low quality and power in the set.

You make it sound like they're in dire straights. I think if they were comfortable with nerfing MC this early they would have done it already. That just isn't how they approach balance in this game.

I personally agree that the card could be toned down a bit. But is there data even that worrisome to warrant a nerf this early. I doubt it.

ViviOggi

Firebat adressed this problem in his last video. Everybody should check that out. 6 minutes of pure and sad truth.

The joke is that blizzard wont nerf MC, because TGT is so bad that they need some cards to attract store purchases.
Got a link?
Current state of the game is looking more and more like Diablo 3 after launch, lol. Everybody is angry, no one is happy, changes Blizzard does are all awful awful, everyone calling for Jay Wilson's head, the difference is that Hearthstone is still very successful. I hope at Blizzcon they talk about future, another adventure really doesn't matter. This passive management of the game isn't working. I don't think current model is very sustainable through another year, they need to change their attitude toward balancing.
Vanilla D3 was an absurd mess but arguably still in a better state than current Hearthstone. The issues are extremely deep-rooted and instead of working towards fixing them sensibly Blizzard has done the literal opposite by specifically removing every single one of the few counter-options the players pieced together. Naxx anti-deathrattle tech, BRM slow dragons, jousting and inspire imply that they're aware of the aggro issue but they don't seem to understand that their design goal of midrange minion combat simply doesn't work in the framework they've created. Blizz can keep throwing 100+-card sets at the game and the exact same thing will happen again and again: the highest value bombs are incorporated into the highest tempo lists and any cute mechanic they've come up with to counter the most obviously cancerous aspects of the game is relegated to a fringe existence at best.

Hope Patron whiners are enjoying their nerf though

Top Bottom