• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Even if I am stuck at low rank for now I should be happy I have already saved over 700 gold since the expansion launched. I am well on way to be ready to the next one! I will break 10,000 gold this time!

I will fight Pirate Warrior over Priest any day.

But Murloc Paladin makes me sad.

raza priest can't damage you for 8 damage on each hero power... c'mon that's an awful comparison.
I had a Raza Priest use the inspire minion that hits for 4 every time you hero power. I was at 37 health at the start of his turn. He brought me to 1, and I had lethal. I have never been so scared during a turn.

Bizazedo

Just did the Brawl. My mage deck had two Prince Valanar's, Murloc Lookout card, Keening Banshees, Ozruk.

The Druid had Ultimate Infestation, bunch of other stuff. Don't remember through my rage filled vision.

The other guy actually felt so bad / was an idiot and assumed my secret was not iceblock and let me win at the end, despite having lethal.

sibarraz

Banned
I played the brawl without knowing which was the theme this week, I finish the mulligan, and my opponent insta conceded

Will be the first time that I will not bother to know which was the brawl of the wwek

Q8D3vil

I will fight Pirate Warrior over Priest any day.

But Murloc Paladin makes me sad.

I had a Raza Priest use the inspire minion that hits for 4 every time you hero power. I was at 37 health at the start of his turn. He brought me to 1, and I had lethal. I have never been so scared during a turn.
Wild is wild for sure.

I totally forgot Brawls were even a thing. Still Classic packas reward I guess? EU so now up yet. I guess classic will always be the best pack fo offer newcomers.

Tacitus_

I just got my Hydra volcanoed in arena

never lucky

Dahbomb

Raza DK Priest has brought back quite a few Inspire minions. Saraad with Raza Priest is insane, he just keeps fueling the DK hero power.

I started giving Pirate Warrior another shot after the talk in the thread, and faced a bunch of Priest - two who conceded at turn two cause I managed to get out a 4 attack Bloodsail Raider. I was not sure what happened the first concede, but now I understand. I might play PW more as I learned something new to annoy Priest!

sibarraz

Banned
I guess that when I finish getting all the golden portraits I will try all those wacky decks on wild. I really miss inspire cards, I liked the concept of them

kirblar

Innervate, Ice Block and Auctioneer all need to be HOF'd.

With Druid's current tools, the only thing that you can 100% point to as out of line and needing a change is Infestation. I'm not sure Idol is actually that big a problem independent of the dumb card draw effects.

Mulgrok

The problem with priest (and mage) is they have so damn many randomly generated cards that you can't make any tactical judgements. Just throw shit down and pray they don't coin flip an answer.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Druid is fast approaching shaman territory where no one nerf will actually reduce their winrate by much. They just have a huge amount of insane tools.

mxgt

Banned
I'm actually having success beating druids with Control Paladin

Then again I am still low rank

Where I have managed to revive multiple Tirions off the Redemption I get from Hydrologist.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yay our Lord and savior Pirate Warrior is going to come in and cleanse the meta of the heathen Jade Druids.

Heavenly Garrosh who art thou in heaven
Hallowed be thy deck
Thy face be done, in Hearthstone as it is turn 6.
Give us this day, our daily upgraded Arcanite Reapers
And forgive our scrubbyness, because we too have forgiven those who are scrubbier.
And lead us not into a Jade Druid meta..

But deliver us Patches on turn 1.

Amen.
lol

Innervate, Ice Block and Auctioneer all need to be HOF'd.

With Druid's current tools, the only thing that you can 100% point to as out of line and needing a change is Infestation. I'm not sure Idol is actually that big a problem independent of the dumb card draw effects.
Removing Auctioneer from Standard would be the final nail in the coffin for Rogue. Might as well delete the class from the game.

Druid is fast approaching shaman territory where no one nerf will actually reduce their winrate by much. They just have a huge amount of insane tools.

I really think reducing their options to refill would instantly help, but not completely not ruin the class, which is what a Blizzard 'nerf' usually does. Ultimate Infestation reduced to 9 Mana, but only Draw 3. Keeps 5/5 and 5 Armour is not a huge change, but should help. Jade were always a bit of a problem in the class, but now they are a huge problem as they always have them to play when they need them.

As for the Taunt Druid, I have not ran into it enough to know why I hate it. Crazed Alchemist actually works great for and against that deck, so maybe that is okay once the meta settles down.

No, you don't fix ultimate infestation by reducing it's cost in a class with ramp and innervate. Big deal, they draw 2 less but they're playing it a turn earlier. That might even be a net buff.

No, you don't fix ultimate infestation by reducing it's cost in a class with ramp and innervate. Big deal, they draw 2 less but they're playing it a turn earlier. That might even be a net buff.

Another option. Make it cost more that 10 Mana, and have it reduce when they are less cards in your hand. So your hand must have less than 3 cards for it to be under 10 and playable. Forcing a druid to make plays they might not want to use the card that give them power seems somewhat helpful

Also, maybe reduce the amount shuffles a Jade Idol can do every time a Jade Idol gets shuffled. It does not ruin the card, cut caps its uses... and give us back some lovely mill decks.

Maybe I am been too soft on the cards, but I like nerfs that keep cards alive not outright kill them.

They can print a similar Rogue card if needed.
Then Rogue would have 4x Auctioneer in Wild, which might be broken.

I don't think Auctioneer is the problem right now for Druid. Maybe they will Hall of Fame the card eventually but they need to figure out what the hell they're doing with Rogue before they do.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Druid's ramp doesn't need to be hall of famed, that's his class identity. He was fine before KotFT, his new cards are just too powerful.

Auctioneer probably should be hall of famed, but they need to give Rogue some seriously strong tools to compensate for his removal.

Ice block is fine imo, the biggest problem is RNG cards like babbling book or Primordial Glyph that give Mages more copies of OP cards. Slow cards like Cabalists Tome are more acceptable for random card creation.

The problem with priest (and mage) is they have so damn many randomly generated cards that you can't make any tactical judgements. Just throw shit down and pray they don't coin flip an answer.
For real. I had a Priest that got up to 8/8 Jades because of stolen cards. He was somehow only one behind me...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
No one is asking for wild growth to get HoFd and the latest card they made like Innervate was for rogue.

Innervate has to go.

Nah.

I don't even play Druid, but no.

I swear I'm going to go through these threads one day and tally up every card that supposedly needs to be nerfed or pushed out of classic. Should be hilarious

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
No one is asking for wild growth to get HoFd and the latest card they made like Innervate was for rogue.

Innervate has to go.
Innervate has never been a huge problem, its a strong card but Druid's other cards have usually been balanced around it. Innervate is key to Druid's class identity and is part of what makes Druid so fun, it doesn't need to go anywhere.

Nah.

I don't even play Druid, but no.

I swear I'm going to go through these threads one day and tally up every card that supposedly needs to be nerfed or pushed out of classic. Should be hilarious
Be my guest. You'll find I've been advocating for nerfing Innervate fairly soon after starting posting regularly in these threads and before the HoF was even introduced.

There's more than 2 decades of experience with the card already and it's broken beyond believe.

Dahbomb

Innervate is ALWAYS a huge problem...LOL!

There hasn't been a Druid deck made that didn't run two Innervates. Even Swipe has been cut in aggressive board centric Druid decks but Innervate is eternal, the one singular Druid constant.

Just go online and look at card win rates in the best Druid decks. Innervate towers over all other cards.

At this point it's not a matter of whether Innervate is too strong... it for sure is too strong. The issue is that Innervate is too much married to the class identity of Druid to ever get changed. Rockbiter and Execute were the last two basic class cards to get nerfed so this is not outside of the realm of possibility but I don't think it will happen.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Innervate is ALWAYS a huge problem...LOL!

There hasn't been a Druid deck made that didn't run two Innervates. Even Swipe has been cut in aggressive board centric Druid decks but Innervate is eternal, the one singular Druid constant.

Just go online and look at card win rates in the best Druid decks. Innervate towers over all other cards.

At this point it's not a matter of whether Innervate is too strong... it for sure is too strong. The issue is that Innervate is too much married to the class identity of Druid to ever get changed. Rockbiter and Execute were the last two basic class cards to get nerfed so this is not outside of the realm of possibility but I don't think it will happen.

Egg druid often doesn't play innervate. Or swipe.

BashNasty

How do you beat this broken OHKO mage deck if you're not running aggro? :/

I've been trying to figure out how to tweak my Raza priest deck to beat it, but so far I haven't had any luck. It's an infuriating deck, they just stall and stall and stall until "durrr, got my combo!"

Dahbomb

You can beat Quest Mage with Dirty Rat and Eater of Secrets.

Egg druid often doesn't play innervate. Or swipe.
They don't run Swipe for sure.

But any Egg Druid not running Innervate is doing it wrong. Very wrong.

Though every Egg Druid I played against runs Innervate and degenerates out Eggs plus board wipe buffs on a single turn.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They don't run Swipe for sure.

But any Egg Druid not running Innervate is doing it wrong. Very wrong.

Lots of egg druids don't run anything big enough to justify an innervate. And they are already dumping their hands by turn 3 or 4. Innervate is the worst top deck ever. Stickiness above all else is how lots of egg druids operate.

inky

Back with this Innervate non-sense, like clockwork. Kill a class identity because one deck they refuse to nerf is problematic.

Nerf Fireball and Fiery War Axe, etc. while we are at it.

circles.... circles.... circles....

It isn't circles when your position never changes.

Innervate is almost identical but better than this card printed 24 years ago and it's among the strongest cards ever printed. Wizards had to ban multiple cards like it that were considerably worse since then.

wiibomb

of course, innervate talk.

It isn't circles when your position never changes.

Innervate is almost identical but better than this card printed 24 years ago and it's among the strongest cards ever printed. Wizards had to ban multiple cards like it that were considerably worse since then.

isn't that card like a better nourish for mana? innervate at least make the mana gain for only the turn it is played.

How do you beat this broken OHKO mage deck if you're not running aggro? :/

Flare
Eater of secrets

Also a few other ways you can win (I've pulled these edge scenarios off):

Valeera Deathknight. After I popped both ice blocks I played valeera deathknight which makes you stealth until your next turn. The timegate spell makes you skip your turn, so you're stealth during the second turn they take. They simply cannot combo you out.

Snipe. The combo is very finnicky. If they lose a combo piece to snipe (sorceress apprentice) then they cannot pull off a OHKO.

Counterspell/iceblock. Pretty obvious ones though.

Hybris

Coldlight Oracle. I've beat my last two quest mages by over-drawing their Antonidas, leaving them no way to actually win the game.

I mean that's like saying gnomeferatu is a counter to it. Sure sometimes you will get lucky and burn a key card, but more often you will burn garbage and help them get closer to completing the combo. Dirty rat is much more consistent at countering them.

isn't that card like a better nourish for mana? innervate at least make the mana gain for only the turn it is played.
the way mana works in magic is that it's always temporary but you have cards that produce it.

It's functionally identical except that Innervate is better because you can play it after you spent all your mana on a draw spell.

Well, for innervate nothing has changed since WOTOGs nerfs. The card dodged a bullet back then. They could have altered it to be minions only or require mana but give back more. They could have hit innervate in a meaningful way. Things have not changed. The card is still problematic and no one should be surprised.

Ladekabel

Started Brawl, opponent directly conceded, got Cenarius in my pack. 10/10. Would brawl again.

What I think is funny about Innervate is that they gave Rogue a worse card in an expansion.

Top Bottom