• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain new stuff (pic & ^r

taoofjord

For a game like this the seemingly-limted gameplay doesn't matter to me... I just want to play a game again with a well-written and engaging story for once... it's been too long.

taoofjord

Great trailer... I hope that's not going to be the final voice actor for that character, he's not so hot. Maybe they'll let us switch to a different language and use subtitles?

"Everything I did...I did for love"

:lol

Really?

I admire what these guys are trying to do, but the execution is just bad. I'm still looking forward to the game but the voice acting is awful, and the trailer itself just wasn't good. Once again the premise is excellent, and this is probably the first character I've felt a connection to, but this game continues to fail for me.

Zzoram

Is this game going to be an adventure game? How much combat will there be? I would actually prefer if most of the game was story and investigation instead of combat.

Edit* Ya, that voice actor in the trailer was pretty bad :lol

my only complaint would be the clothes, they dont appear to move much and stay pretty stiff even when the character is flailing around and stuff

The graphics are hugely impressive. The facial animations, ehh . . . I'm not trying to be negative, but there are other games (Heavenly Sword comes to mind immediately) that have similarly detailed character models with significantly better facial animation. Then again this is only a trailer, but from what was shown, namely some scenes hinging on what seem to be emotionally engaging plot developments, what I've seen here in terms of facial animation doesn't impress me.

The ``epic`` music gives that trailer an undercurrent of cheese.
I like how the word REDEMPTION flashes across the screen and the choir cuts in.:lol
Fucking embarrassing.
But it still looks very nice. And the story seems kind of interesting.

Ok from looking at the trailer I guess the story for this guy is:

Dude is happily married with 2 children and is living the good life.
Family go somewhere and son number 1 gets killed.
Wife blames Dude.
Wife takes son number 2 away.
Dude is alone.
Somethign happens to wife.
Son is back with dude.
Son is kidnapped.
Dude heads off to get him back.

Trailer seemed a bit cheesy but I'm still looking forward to the game.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It looks better than ever visually, but yeah, the trailer wasn't cut the best (what's with the crappy looking waterdrop effect?), and the voice acting still seems worse than what they had in Fahrenheit, which is not nice. This kind of music might be OK if they don't overuse it, but Badalamenti did such a great job with Fahrenheit as well, that it will be a tough act to follow. Who's doing music for this game?

I liked the trailer a lot. Some of the animation still seems rather stiff but other than that I think it looks great.

Really hope it turns out well, by release it'll have had plenty of time to be something really special.

Gagaman

Violater said:
jqrd78.jpg

What's Milo doing in this game?

I'm still a little undecided on this game, but the trailer (especially the second half) does look really awesome. This mean we'll get a separate trailer for each of the four main characters?

Shurs

The bit where the guy is walking around in the back yard with the kid on his shoulders is obviously player controlled. I know it sounds stupid, but I like the idea that you are doing something like this even for a moment or two in a video game. This is my most anticipated game.

BeeDog said:
Looks pretty bad to be honest. For every new video I see, my hype for the game drops significantly.

Awwww, bless. Between this and the GT5 thread I'd say you're having your period Mr. Dog.

Thing is I can see where you're coming from. Forced emotional moments fall flat with me (unless I'm watching cinematic masterpieces like Armageddon). I'm continually worried about how much ofthis game I'll actually get to play.

WinFonda

Shurs said:
The bit where the guy is walking around in the back yard with the kid on his shoulders is obviously player controlled. I know it sounds stupid, but I like the idea that you are doing something like this even for a moment or two in a video game. This is my most anticipated game.
Yeah I thought the same thing and it is kinda cool.

BeeDog

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Awwww, bless. Between this and the GT5 thread I'd say you're having your period Mr. Dog.

Thing is I can see where you're coming from. Forced emotional moments fall flat with me (unless I'm watching cinematic masterpieces like Armageddon). I'm continually worried about how much ofthis game I'll actually get to play.

I'm always in pessimist mode during conference periods, so excuse me. But in this case I do honestly think Heavy Rain looks worse for every video. Maybe it's just not for me, dunno... the GODAWFUL framerate in every video doesn't really help either.

Johann

Zzoram said:
Is this game going to be an adventure game? How much combat will there be? I would actually prefer if most of the game was story and investigation instead of combat.

Edit* Ya, that voice actor in the trailer was pretty bad :lol

From what we've seen so far, I don't think the voice actors are the problem so much as matching the tone and context of the scene. But then again, aren't the actors motion captured while speaking? It could be just a poor voice director or translation barriers. This is rather surprising with how Fahrenheit's voice acting always fit the scene.

Anyway, this looks to be the most interesting character and subplot so far, especially since a father-son relationship was the inspiration for the game. Although it seems like hobo Sam Fisher has been getting around ever since he was fired :lol

Haunted

In David Cage & Quantic Dream we trust
at least two thirds into their games.

Flo_Evans said:
Looks awesome... but it's going to be more of a QTE fest than a game right?
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The gameplay is my only concern. I hope it's a s thorough as the rest of the package. Premise and visuals are fucking crazy good, if the trailer's anything to go by.

venom2124

Haunted said:
In David Cage & Quantic Dream we trust
at least two thirds into their games.

Took the words right out of my mouth lol. I have complete faith in them this time though. Hopefully Cage was being honest when he said there are no supernatural elements in the game.

offshore

Wow, this looks great. I agree with the V/O's though...some have been pretty terrible.

Jayden stands out as the worst so far.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Flo_Evans said:
Looks awesome... but it's going to be more of a QTE fest than a game right?
It's an adventure featuring QTEs. Big deal. Back in the days, we spent weeks hunting pixels. Adapt.

Chao

I know you were trying to hype everyone with that tech demo with the moving eyes not long ago, Quantic Dreams.

Well, your characters still look like lifeless mannequins.

sn00zer

Woah....really freakin excited...I loved
80% of
Indigo Prophecy. Here's to hoping they cut down on the more insane QTEs (playing a guitar in a videogame should not be as hard as playing one in real life)

theignoramus said:
The ``epic`` music gives that trailer an undercurrent of cheese.
I like how the word REDEMPTION flashes across the screen and the choir cuts in.:lol
Fucking embarrassing.
But it still looks very nice. And the story seems kind of interesting.

Yeah, it looks good, terriblly corny trailer though.

Top Bottom