• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell Yeah, Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio for free on Steam

gelf

I'll take news of a possible Jet Set Radio Future PC release any day now...

8373718.jpg

The fact that so many people still hadn't bought JSR by now despite the peanuts its been sold for in sales on dozens of occasions doesn't bode well for a viable JSRF port sadly.

Hanzou

At that price everybody should buy it
Can anyone clear up something for me. Do you get the Sega classics pack that it shows on the page or is that just a wrapper for golden axe? I already own the Sega pack so it is in my account already. It shows on the page as if you will receive it but I don't see it mentioned in this thread in the posts I have read.

Added to my library, but I don't have a Windows PC so I can't really take advantage of this. BUT! When I eventually get a gaming PC, Jet Set Radio forever and always.

Out of curiosity, how did you do that? I tried to do it with the Mac client (just in case some port happens at some point), but it says that the platform is incompatible.

UltraJay

EON6SO7.png

Only Alpha Protocol will be 80% off, the rest will be free. Basically the three games "compete" to see who is playing the most. Dawn of War 2 won Round 1 and unlocked Jet Set Radio and the others. It doesn't seem like all three games need to hit 100% either as it says Round 1 ended with DoW2 at 152% (% of additional player recruited to the cause, above and beyond the standard ranks) beating Atilla by a fraction of a percent (0.3%) and beating CoH2 by 58%. Meaning CoH2 was at 94% at the end of Round 1.

It also simply says "Unlocks in [timer]" so I think we get it regardless.

I'm calling it. DoW2 wins all rounds.

The way the "instructions" are worded it sounds like it should only for people who participated in an event and won with their "chosen faction" but everyone can download it. I hope I didn't miss out on this "faction-specific dlc" by not playing DoW2 in round 1.

I'm going to go play DoW2 now... I quit that game way too early. I wonder if it is only the base game since there is also Chaos Rising and Retribution which are separate entries in your Steam library.

EDIT: They are going to make the DLC free for whatever game wins overall. So DoW2 needs to win Round 2 for everyone to get Tau Commander for free. Though, if Attila wins that might mean there will be a Round 3 of more free games.

CoH2 doesn't stand a chance.

I already own the other games but Binary Domain for free will be nice. Wonder if they'll include the DLC like they did with Hell Yeah.

Sioul

Can anyone clear up something for me. Do you get the Sega classics pack that it shows on the page or is that just a wrapper for golden axe? I already own the Sega pack so it is in my account already. It shows on the page as if you will receive it but I don't see it mentioned in this thread in the posts I have read.

You get only Golden Axe:

UplVKHG.png

Really enjoying Jet Set and Hell Yeah. Liked Jet Set so much that I fired up other games I bought in the Dreamcast pack a while back. Crazy Taxi and Sega Bass Fishing is always aces. But also played Space Channel 5p2 for first time and thought it was good fun. Not sure what to make of Sonic Adventure Director's Cut - is that considered a good version of game? Seemed a little clunky but it was okay.

These freebies have gotten me in the Sega mood - well done MW,NL.

beat

I have a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. How easy is it to get JSR to use this thing? It seems like it'll recognize the thumbstick but not the buttons.

Saoshyant

Cucurbitacée;195605792 said:
Out of curiosity, how did you do that? I tried to do it with the Mac client (just in case some port happens at some point), but it says that the platform is incompatible.

I can't speak for the other guy, but the store on the web browser doesn't care about what system you are using so it should be possible to claim the games there.

whitehawk

Banned
EON6SO7.png

Only Alpha Protocol will be 80% off, the rest will be free. Basically the three games "compete" to see who is playing the most. Dawn of War 2 won Round 1 and unlocked Jet Set Radio and the others. It doesn't seem like all three games need to hit 100% either as it says Round 1 ended with DoW2 at 152% (% of additional player recruited to the cause, above and beyond the standard ranks) beating Atilla by a fraction of a percent (0.3%) and beating CoH2 by 58%. Meaning CoH2 was at 94% at the end of Round 1.

It also simply says "Unlocks in [timer]" so I think we get it regardless.

I'm calling it. DoW2 wins all rounds.

The way the "instructions" are worded it sounds like it should only for people who participated in an event and won with their "chosen faction" but everyone can download it. I hope I didn't miss out on this "faction-specific dlc" by not playing DoW2 in round 1.

I'm going to go play DoW2 now... I quit that game way too early. I wonder if it is only the base game since there is also Chaos Rising and Retribution which are separate entries in your Steam library.

EDIT: They are going to make the DLC free for whatever game wins overall. So DoW2 needs to win Round 2 for everyone to get Tau Commander for free. Though, if Attila wins that might mean there will be a Round 3 of more free games.

CoH2 doesn't stand a chance.
Sweet! Any idea when these next games go online?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks OP! Too bad the first 3 games are no more available, i would have liked to try Hell Yeah.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Who are we to complain about being added to a mailing list and waiting 24 hours? There had to be some catch.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wheres the link to the games? i figured clicking on the link in the Op again would bring me to it but it just links to the main page on steam

Top Bottom