• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers |OT| Everybody Fights, Nobody Quits.

MrMuscle

Great OT man.

image.png

bombshell

Yes, it was.
I frankly think the game is a bit too pricey (also considering the production values), it should have been 15€/$ IMHO.

I don't think price should ever influence the review score. I think that's up to the consumer to decide. What happens in 3 months when the game is on sale, will you re-review the game?

whyman

So it says i can play this singleplayer but am i correct in that it will not ramp down the difficulty level?

derFeef

Even as a joke, it's not even the right context.

I think especially for those downloadable games it was always be a factor, how often did we read "for 15$ this is..." or "it would have been perfect with a pricetag of..." I think it's perfectly fine to factor the value into the review.

Mdk7

I don't think price should ever influence the review score. I think that's up to the consumer to decide. What happens in 3 months when the game is on sale, will you re-review the game?

If you read the review, it says that it's a bit overpriced and i've stated what the price should have been IMHO.
I think the value for money is absolutely important and should definitely be a factor when you judge a game. Not the main nor the only factor of course, but it's something that might be interesting for people to consider (i honestly care for that too, when i buy my stuff).
In the end, of course it's up to the consumer to decide, but i hope i can somehow give people an indication on what to do based on the text i wrote. :)

bombshell

If you read the review, it says that it's a bit overpriced and i've stated what the price should have been IMHO.
I think the value for money is absolutely important and should definitely be a factor when you judge a game. Not the main nor the only factor of course, but it's something that might be interesting for people to consider (i honestly care for that too, when i buy my stuff).
In the end, of course it's up to the consumer to decide, but i hope i can somehow give people an indication on what to do based on the text i wrote. :)

So in the launch week the game is a 8.2/10?

I agree that commenting on the value is good, but again I don't think it should influence the score, because the price of the game is not a constant.

Mdk7

So in the launch week the game is a 8.2/10?

I agree that commenting on the value is good, but again I don't think it should influence the score, because the price of the game is not a constant.
You know, it might work if you actually read the review, not limiting yourself to a number.
Because that number is NOT the review itself, in the end.
Yes, even if that number is used to sum it up, like they do on Metacritic.

And of course, we could always disagree on the way we value the game, and that would be perfectly fine my friend.
After all, reviews are just someone's take on something, no pretense of knowing it all or of being the sheer personification of the truth.

CozMick

Banned
Awesome OT TheWorthyEdge.

Gonna be there day 1, had my eye on this since E3. + who doesn't love Starship Troopers?

MrMuscle

From videos ive seen it looks like even if you play online coop you are locked into the same screen? Meaning that you cant move to far away from your team mates. Anybody know if this is true?

Mdk7

From videos ive seen it looks like even if you play online coop you are locked into the same screen? Meaning that you cant move to far away from your team mates. Anybody know if this is true?

Yes, it's like that. But it would be pointless to wander around on your own, given the amount of enemies and the importance of the stratagems for ALL the team.
It doesn't feel like a limitation, at all. ;)

CozMick

Banned

I hope so, lone wolves do not belong in this game.

MrMuscle

Yes, it's like that. But it would be pointless to wander around on your own, given the amount of enemies and the importance of the stratagems for ALL the team.
It doesn't feel like a limitation, at all. ;)

I hope so, lone wolves do not belong in this game.

Grimløck;154375906 said:
yeah, looks like it. that's going to be annoying.

Thanks guys. It will be interesting to see how that works. Im not thinking about lone wolfing it, but when you are trying to outrun some mobs and BAM you hit the edge of the screen shit can get messy.

Hanmik

Grimløck;154375906 said:
yeah, looks like it. that's going to be annoying.

It can be annoying yes.. If you call for a Stratagem and tell your team to wait, and they don´t wait.. then you can get stuck out of the screen and die. Which most often results in a terrible angry player who kills the other team-members .. but if you play the game as it is intended (TEAMWORK) then this is no problem at all..!

Mdk7

Thanks guys. It will be interesting to see how that works. Im not thinking about lone wolfing it, but when you are trying to outrun some mobs and BAM you hit the edge of the screen shit can get messy.

Trust me, you'll want to stay close to your team mates, right in the middle of the screen.
Hoping they don't kill you by mistake due to friendly fire, LOL. :)

Hanmik

Lone Wolfing is HARD as hell.. the game is intended to be played Co-op... and that is where the fun is, even with strangers (and other review people who play like shit) it is amazingly fun in Multiplayer..

Wrynnax

I'll pick it up Muscle,you can always give me a shout to do some coop.

eznark

Banned

Presuming you can know what $20 is worth to all of your readers is kind of ludicrous.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I can't find this on the ps web store, is it up yet?
Store doesn't update until later in the afternoon in the US and IIRC on Wednesday in Europe.

Top Bottom