• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers |OT| Everybody Fights, Nobody Quits.

Brohan

So this might have already been answered but does this have 4 player local co-op?

If i buy this will i be able to play this with my mates on my 50 inch tv?

Love me some couch co-op.

trueOnionKnight

Neo Member
This looks amazing, watching videos on my lunch break at work. Why am I tempted to order a PS4 because of this! How could I explain it to my fiancée!!

Ohnonono

Hmm, darn.

My thoughts are the same. I have a PS3 so part of me wants to get it with Cross buy and use the Vita some and try to take the TV when I can. I LOVE Starship Troopers, I love the idea of this game, but unless I see a vid of someone playing with 3 other people that stays pretty smooth I just don't know yet.

So what's the skinny regarding the PS3 version? Any articles out there that compare the multiplayer performance, overall graphical differences and so forth? It'll be a while before I pick up a PlayStation 4 and I'm on the fence on picking up the port (in large part thanks to Cross Buy) if it turns to be a competent one.

Stoze

So from what I've gathered, it's cross-buy, cross-save, cross-chat, cross-play, 1-4 players, online or local multiplayer (including mixture of online and local players in same game/lobby), and matchmaking.

That certainly warrants the price point to me. Will be picking it up considering games with that kind of architecture don't come around often.

This looks amazing, watching videos on my lunch break at work. Why am I tempted to order a PS4 because of this! How could I explain it to my fiancée!!

2Dp4.gif
ezquYq8.gif

Because it's awesome!
I love these kind of games and Arrowhead is awesome.
Which is the reason why I'm supporting the hell out of it :)

So is this more of an action rpg (ala Diablo 3) or a shmup (shoot 'em up)?

Honestly I would prefer shmup.
More like a SciFi Shmup.
A bit like Dead Nation or the upcoming Alienation.

Still not on the store for sale.

Thanks to a massive screwup on Sony's part, I have $60 in my wallet to spend on games. This looks like a nice way to drop $20 of it.

bombshell

EU gets 20% PS+ discount during launch week!

Are you ready to take the step up from being a regular soldier, to a true Helldiver? For a recruitment fee of only €20.99 you can become a permanent part of the scalpel of humanity’s military strength (disclaimer: survival cannot be guaranteed by the Super Earth Armed Forces).

For PlayStation Plus recruits there is also an additional 20% off during launch week only (4/3/ – 10/3), meaning that Plus members can get their hands on Helldivers for only €16.79!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/03/03/helldivers-arrives-tomorrow-ps4-ps3-ps-vita/

TomShoe

Banned
My only concern is the the performance on vita during 4 player online.

There have been mixed reports regarding 4 player Vita action. Some have reported single digit frame drops, while others have had theirs around the 20s, but still very much playable.

When does this damn store update! Was able to get the hype train going on at least two other friends. Can't wait to try this game out tonight. Co-op games ftw.

So from what I've gathered, it's cross-buy, cross-save, cross-chat, cross-play, 1-4 players, online or local multiplayer (including mixture of online and local players in same game/lobby), and matchmaking.

That certainly warrants the price point to me. Will be picking it up considering games with that kind of architecture don't come around often.

Agreed. It's not often that a game has Cross-Everything. My only concern is that I'll be playing solo pretty often or with randoms. I might think about pulling the trigger on this if I can party up with GAF.

Dunlop

crap asked in the wrong thread, can you play MP with random people or is it only from your friend lists?

thx

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The 20% discount is cool but why the hell is the normal price 21€? isn't it 20$?

No UK price?

Although US price is pretty good, I wouldn't get the 10% discount as I don't have PS+ on my US account. So 20% off a UK price of around £15 would be good

hydruxo

Goddamnit this would have been perfect for PS+, I can't shell out more money for March games.

Yeah I feel the same, though I may still end up getting it soon. If this had come out in a less crowded month I'd get it no questions asked.

Subxero

Just able to buy it (NA) thru the mobile app. Showed no discount though.

Going to start up the PS4 and ddownload now.

Top Bottom