Here is a GIF celebrating Samus and Ridley (no 56K)

LakeEarth said:
Yeah, that's what the GIF is trying to say. After kicking his ass half a dozen times, NOW you're gonna panic at the sight of him?
here's the thing, due to the system's capaibilities we dont know what samus was "feeling" in the previous games, we just filled in the gaps with our imagination (the way Metroid SHOULD be handled anyway, as we all learned). Given the timeline he hadnt fought him that much yet, so maybe she was always scared of him.

Akai

Feb 14, 2005
World 2-3
SalsaShark said:
here's the thing, due to the system's capaibilities we dont know what samus was "feeling" in the previous games, we just filled in the gaps with our imagination (the way Metroid SHOULD be handled anyway, as we all learned). Given the timeline he hadnt fought him that much yet, so maybe she was always scared of him.
I think it's quite normal to be afraid of something that ate your parents right in front of you and keeps coming back to life every time you kill it...

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Is there an canon reason why the big pterodactyl keeps coming back? wiki says pirates clone him but what's the point?
I assume it has to do with his innate ability as a fearsome leader that can lead the Space Pirates...

May 2, 2011
Canananada
SalsaShark said:
Ya, we should at least be grateful they didn't have her get up on a chair and squeal until a man came and killed it for her.

Jun 10, 2004
I can hear the bawwwwwww from here.

IIRC, Sakamoto saw the Prime games as a side-quest, a semi-non-canon series as it were. Yeah, the game probably should have been before Super Metroid to make more sense, but it is still somewhat realistic from a PTSD reaction.

Though it would have been good to TELL non-Japanese gamers about the whole incident regarding Ridley, so they people actually understood why she was freaking out to begin with :/

But you can thank the reaction to this game as the reason we won't see another Metroid for 3+ years.

Sep 11, 2007
SalsaShark said:
She already had a meltdown in the manga.

The fact she has another dozen of years later is even more dumber.

Jul 29, 2010
www.neogaf.com
PounchEnvy said:
The game had a solid combat system. They just need to build a better Metroid around it. I had way more fun dealing with enemies in Other M than I ever did in the Prime games.
"Spam direction, dodge, auto charge, shoot, repeat" isn't a good combat system imo. It looks slick as hell but the player isn't really doing anything.