• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Announces OD | The Game Awards 2023

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
raw

"Kojima!!!"

giphy.gif

What did Peele get himself into.

Mythoclast

This doesn't look like a game at all. Maybe something like Quantum Break mixed genre? I hope this doesn't end up like that Silent Hill app because of muH cl0UD.

Kdad

So was that a game of telephone and shit happens when you fail? This is supposed to cross into irl phone calls right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So was that a game of telephone and shit happens when you fail? This is supposed to cross into irl phone calls right?

We literally have no idea. The 'phone' thing was 3~ years ago when the game was being made with Stadia in mind. We have no idea what the scale, scope and interactivity of the game is.

Could very well be an 8 hour interactive movie.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If I wanted to wank over real actors faces I would watch a movie. This wasn’t anything.

mortal

Gold Member
I'm a Kojima fan, so I'm intrigued by how this will look and play.

Weird that so many of his detractors keep up with his every move though. There are enough more conventional video games being made to last several lifetimes.
One studio making a more experimental title won't be the end of the world.

WitchHunter

Banned
This is a joke right? 😂. It’s a game? No, Kojima couldn’t even say it was, it’s a movie. Now we have Jordan Peele out here. Wtf is Kojima, dude has no idea what he’s doing lol

Sad thing is, Kojima truthers will scream game of the generation.
It's another, here, solve the gibberish. And people gonna try. And yters gonna solve it, at least they think they found the correct answer, while in reality... it was gibberish from the get go.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

This is the game that had some sort of mobile aspect or something as well right?

All these SH and Kojima rumors are so jumbled at this point.

This also would make this his second smaller project he mentioned when he was interviewed before this and DS2 was announced.

I honestly thought we'd only see this year's later and it was gonna be a big budget deal

As always I'm down for anything kojima

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
More interested that Peele is contributing, than Kojima is directing.

Best thing is the Phil Spencer brought them together.

The scariest thing about this game is it's not on the platform where his fans are. Must have been paid silly money for the exclusivity.
Doubtful. I'm pretty sure everyone else passed on this after the Stadia version collapsed. MS is just desperate to get anything Kojima, as if that will pry his fans off of PS, so they're just bank rolling the rest of its development.

Either way, it's just one of his crazier ideas that even Sony wasn't interested in. That should tell you something. And after seeing this preview, I get why they passed on it.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Well seeing his last horror thing was PT I am very curious what he has going on here.

Top Bottom