• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Announces OD | The Game Awards 2023

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I still don't know what this is. What did he show? There were some faces, some dialogue and intense screaming.

DaGwaphics

I mean we don't really know any more about it than we did before the trailer, but it is an impressive showcase for facial animation regardless. If that is meta-human that was used to create that, and not motion capture, that would really be something. The fear on the girls face in particular translates very believably.

Looking forward to learning more about it.

Doczu

Yeah after playing DS i felt like i had an OD for anything Kojima. Game was boring, i feer the dude is past his prime

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yeah after playing DS i felt like i had an OD for anything Kojima. Game was boring, i feer the dude is past his prime
He pioneered the cinematic game with the intro to Metal Gear Solid 1. Since then he's just focused more and more on the essence of cinematics. Now he's nearing the true origin point, celebrity faces. There's really no telling what celebrity he will get next, and what he will do with their face. Exciting times.

ahtlas7

Interrupting In And Out GIF by ALLBLK (formerly known as UMC)

Fbh

A horror game by Kojima is definitely exciting.

But meh trailer. Yes we get it Kojima, you work with celebrities.

Hudo

Damn, PS fanboys are all out tonight, if only you could tolerate to play on another platform or service you'd be blessed. :(

A lot of AWESOME Xbox and PlayStation games tonight !

tumblr_os0gsrw0iw1qgvqxoo2_540.gif
Yeah between this and that Marvel Blade game by Arkane, some people on this forum really need to chill out.

So, Microsoft got some exclusives as well. Are only Sony allowed to have that or what?

Kdad

Tomeru Tomeru

Cribbed from the net...in case you wonder about the spoken words...

A pangram is a sentence or phrase that contains all the letters of the alphabet, at least once. Now, phonetic pangrams are sentences that contain all forty sounds of English i.e. they use all the phonemes, or phones, of English (rather than alphabetic characters).

Here are a few examples :

1. "That quick beige fox jumped in the air over each thin dog. Look out, I shout, for he's foiled you again, creating chaos."

2. "Are those shy Eurasian footwear, cowboy chaps, or jolly earthmoving headgear?"
    [perfect for certain Received Pronunciation accents]

3. "The hungry purple dinosaur ate the kind, zingy fox, the jabbering crab, and the mad whale and started vending and quacking."

4. "With tenure, Suzie’d have all the more leisure for yachting, but her publications are no good."
    [for certain US accents and phonological analyses]

Last edited:

Tomeru

Tomeru Tomeru

Cribbed from the net...in case you wonder about the spoken words...

A pangram is a sentence or phrase that contains all the letters of the alphabet, at least once. Now, phonetic pangrams are sentences that contain all forty sounds of English i.e. they use all the phonemes, or phones, of English (rather than alphabetic characters).

Here are a few examples :

1. "That quick beige fox jumped in the air over each thin dog. Look out, I shout, for he's foiled you again, creating chaos."

2. "Are those shy Eurasian footwear, cowboy chaps, or jolly earthmoving headgear?"
    [perfect for certain Received Pronunciation accents]

3. "The hungry purple dinosaur ate the kind, zingy fox, the jabbering crab, and the mad whale and started vending and quacking."

4. "With tenure, Suzie’d have all the more leisure for yachting, but her publications are no good."
    [for certain US accents and phonological analyses]
Is that a yes?

Worried this game is gonna be pretty woke, but the people working on it are talented. Kojima obviously can make a good game, even though I haven't enjoyed a game of his since MGS1. The trans lead, Hunter Schaffer, is a very good actress in the 2 things I've seen her in (Euphoria and the new Hunger Games movie). Jordan Peele is a very good writer and filmmaker, yet I find his films to be a bit too racist for my tastes. Also, Sophia Lillis seems appropriately innocent for a horror setting. Hopefully it comes together into a great game, but I see a lot of red flags.

IDappa

It's gonna be amazing watching all those hardcore Xbox stans shitting on Kojima for the past few years calling him a "hack" , "pretentious" etc since Death stranding changing their tune now that an exclusive made by him is going to be on their favorite plastic box 😉
Nah people probably still gonna say it looks like kojima jank. Can’t wait to see the ps fanboys who praise everything he does shit on this because it’s not on their favourite box.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The reason PT worked was because it was Shadow Dropped PLAYABLE THING.
Not some fucking hired actors recreated in metahuman.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Nah people probably still gonna say it looks like kojima jank. Can’t wait to see the ps fanboys who praise everything he does shit on this because it’s not on their favourite box.

Nope.

Also : you absolutely fall into the fanboy category by being so reactionary - exactly like the other 2-3 green stans before you, it's like your answers are pre-made using chat Gtp ffs, try being a little bit original at least.

Cheers friend

IDappa

Nope.

Also : you absolutely fall into the fanboy category by being so reactionary - exactly like the other 2-3 green stans before you, it's like your answers are pre-made using chat Gtp ffs, try being a little bit original at least.

Cheers friend
Dude you couldn’t see the irony in my post. Legit copied you word for word haha.

I own a pc, a PlayStation a switch and a Xbox. Legit clocked spiderman and ghosts of Tsushima like last week but sure I’m a fanboy because you can’t see yourself in the mirror.

Meanwhile I say the opposite of what you think Xbox fanboys would say and yet I’m still a Xbox fanboy?, Your bias is showing “friend”

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nope.

Cheers friend

The entirety of your posts in this topic are accusing others of being reactionary and about how 'his fans are on the other console' while calling others fanboys.

Cm Punk Whatever GIF by WWE

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
The entirety of your posts in this topic are accusing others of being reactionary and about how 'his fans are on the other console' while calling others fanboys.

Cm Punk Whatever GIF by WWE

You're kinda right Adam.

...as am I saying that you'll all start to love Kojima now and also 3rd person action adventure games (HB2) which apparently, up until now have been boring and cliche' and made for Soony ponies.

Most users have been banned now but...go and take a look at the official Death stranding OT and then come back to me, heck man, if you can't see the irony I don't know what to tell you.

You know am right, right ? 😉

wink-wink-agnes.gif

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
You're kinda right Adam.

...as am I saying that you'll all start to love Kojima now and also 3rd person action adventure games (HB2) which apparently, up until now have been boring and cliche' and made for Soony ponies.

Most users have been banned now but...go and take a look at the official Death stranding OT and then come back to me, heck man, if you can't see the irony I don't know what to tell you.

You know am right, right ? 😉

wink-wink-agnes.gif

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

Thirty7ven

Banned
PT is the best horror piece ever made. So definitely down for more horror from Kojima.

Ironically though, this game is almost the antithesis to PT. Kojima has said in the past that making horror is hard because people will simply not play when they are too scared, unlike a movie that allows the audience to keep on watching. It's why "it's a game but it's also a movie", now where the cloud comes in is hard to gauge and part of me wonders if he intends to have people voting on what happens, or whatever, who knows?

But if you think this will be like PT then good luck to you.

Ozriel

M$FT
Ironically though, this game is almost the antithesis to PT. Kojima has said in the past that making horror is hard because people will simply not play when they are too scared, unlike a movie that allows the audience to keep on watching. It's why "it's a game but it's also a movie", now where the cloud comes in is hard to gauge and part of me wonders if he intends to have people voting on what happens, or whatever, who knows?

But if you think this will be like PT then good luck to you.

Maybe you should read his post again?
He said ‘more horror’. This is certainly a horror game, and he’s saying he wants more horror from the person who’s made the best horror game he’s played.

None of that reads like he’s assuming OD plays similar to PT.

Markio128

3 disembodied heads talk gibberish.

Quite possibly the most pointless game(?) reveal of all time.

I imagine Kojima spoke to Sony about the concept for this, and they couldn’t recommended Xbox fast enough.

Herman, ‘Yeah, yeah, what you need Kojima, is the power of the cloud…..’

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
You find it surprising i’m posting In a thread about a game coming to a console I own? 🤣

Can’t say the same for you, unfortunately

But... but...Xcloud and PC ! The future ! You don't need a console, only a subscription ! Right ?
(and I do happen to have both).

Cheers Ozrie, you magnificent defence force you ! 😁

Sacred

It obviously has to do with MKUltra and brainwashing. So my guess would be alot of hallucinations and trying to discern what is not really there and what's reality.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Maybe you should read his post again?
He said ‘more horror’. This is certainly a horror game, and he’s saying he wants more horror from the person who’s made the best horror game he’s played.

None of that reads like he’s assuming OD plays similar to PT.

I’m sure he can reply and we can have a conversation about what to expect from the game and doesn’t need your ass arguing for him. He mentioned PT, and the leaks have more in common with Until Dawn and stuff like that than PT. You wanna talk about that? Sure, otherwise miss me with your tired bs.

Killer8

I trust Kojima as he hasn't made a bad game yet. Death Stranding is potential game of that generation to me. But this trailer didn't have a lot of meat on the bone so i'm not even sure what to expect yet (even less than usual for Kojima).

Top Bottom