• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima has officially left Konami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was his role on Zone of Enders?

He was just a producer on that series. The actual writing and directing was left to other people since presumably he was busy directing MGS2 and 3 at the time.

The reason ZOE2 feels so much closer to Kojima's other work than the first one is because it was written and directed by Shuyo Murata, who collaborated closely with Kojima on several of the MGS games and was even co-director of MGS4.

Elios83

Can't wait to see what's next.
I would like to see something completely different compared to MGS.
An other dream would be robbing Konami of the ZOE IP and make the ZOE3 we deserve but that's not happening.
And of course nice grab for Sony if confirmed.

I guess you could say he's gone on a permanent vacation.

tMb9NFa.jpg

This dude is always on point. It's unreal.

Xeteh

I hope that Kojima either walked out of the Konami backwards while flipping them off or skipped like he is 7 and its his last day of school for the summer.

Can't wait to see what Kojima does next, even if its a game that falls outside of my interest. I just want to see what the result is of all of this.

Draper

Guys, what if Kojima was actually a shitty, insubordinate employee who never made deadlines and consistently wasted company time?

Trago

Great. I'm now ready for Kojima to give us something fresh and new whenever he gets started on a new game.

Guys, what if Kojima was actually a shitty, insubordinate employee who never made deadlines and consistently wasted company time?

Then I guess he would have been an insubordinate employee who never made deadlines, but still made the company millions upon millions of dollars?

Randomizer

Hooray they are free! Konami can fucking rot for all I care. I have never witnessed a company self destruct in such a fast time. EA of old have nothing on the shit these fuckers have done. The sooner they go out of business and their IP's are sold off the better. Unfortunately the universe is a cunt and they will probably make more money from gambling than they ever did from gaming.

I think we would have heard more about it if this were true at all. Just look at his new studio once we know more concrete details: if a bunch of ex konami peeps join up at his studio, doesn't that mean he was the opposite of what you said?

scitek

It is nice to know that Hideo Kojima has finally left Konami. He was having trouble with Konami. According to Polygon, they “removed Kojima Productions’ branding fromMetal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain promotional materials.” Additionally, at The Game Awards Kojima wasn’t allowed to participate at the event.

Now he finally start his own studio, and lead to him creating his next great game."

Bullshit. If this was true, surely a big deal would've been made about it.

Whatever Kojima chooses to do next, I'm curious if he'll change genres. Would fans be happier with Kojima doing something along the lines of MGS or would they be supportive of him doing something entirely different?

Shh, don't ruin the lore, man.

I think we would have heard more about it if this were true at all. Just look at his new studio once we know more concrete details: if a bunch of ex konami peeps join up at his studio, doesn't that mean he was the opposite of what you said?

Considering the fact his team is extremely devoted to him, and by all accounts, is a super nice guy, I really doubt him being an asshole.

Nameless

A Kojima RPG would quite possibly be the most intrigued I've been by anything gaming related ever. IMO it's the perfect genre for his...sensibilities.

i used to read those "What If?" comics too:)

What if Konami didn't take Kojima's name off the box. I guess all those workers leaving with Kojima must be all shitty too.

Maddocks

Make a horror game, doesn't have to be PT, but follow the same idea. Venture out and fly. Can't do metal gear anymore, so explore other places, horror, western, anything.

I expect it out by 2021.

vpance

Whatever Kojima chooses to do next, I'm curious if he'll change genres. Would fans be happier with Kojima doing something along the lines of MGS or would they be supportive of him doing something entirely different?

Genre who knows, but I don't see him moving too far away from the heavily cinematic styled, character driven story lines. He just loves aping movies too much. And I think he knows fans expect that out of him by now.

Anung

Un Rama
Whatever Kojima chooses to do next, I'm curious if he'll change genres. Would fans be happier with Kojima doing something along the lines of MGS or would they be supportive of him doing something entirely different?.

I hope to God he does something different. He's been doing MG for 30 years now and no doubt has a million other ideas he'd like to explore. I'd be mad if he gets stuck making more stealth games.

I hope he picks a new genre and goes ham on it in the way only Kojima can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom