• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hint at Sony Bend's PS4 Game

FelipeMGM

Probably a smaller Sony published game, could be Sucker Punch's though.

Though I don't think Sucker Punch will announce their next game this E3 because I think it's a new IP so they will wait a bit longer (until E3 2017) to reveal it.

Yeah, with both Gow 4 and Dead Dont Ride, plus segments with Horizon, The Last Guardian, GT Sport and maybe others such Gravity Rush 2 and Dreams, Sony has enough first party for the conference already

I want to see Agent. After The Last Guardian in 2015, who's to say the dead don't ride at E3? Also, I want to see Crash Bandicoot and God of War 4. And NX. And a big Japanese games presence like last year's E3.

Holy crap, this was posted 9 days ago in a separate thread.

Specially hashtagging it felt a bit weird, is some kind of official tease incoming?

Yeah, the way the tweet's constructed and composed makes this look like an official "leak" to me.

Look at the way it's written:

Jjfm8qp.png

It looks like it's been composed by a marketing team rather than a real person.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This best not be a zombie game. Seems like an awful waste of a setting too with them included. We already have the best of the best when it comes to zombies. I need monsters! Creative, scary-ass monsters!

Footos22

I hope it's got a bit of humour in it and not just depressing bike gangs with zombies. 'Apocalypse is good fun' sounds like the route they are taking. Fingers crossed

Gimme an open world survival zombie game. Like an actual proper survival focused one. I haven't really played one that was done well or scratched that itch.

Yes please.

UpwindPoet24

Neo Member
Bend Studio feels a lot like Ready at Dawn, both made handheld versions of big Playstation properties and now moving forward to the PS4 i just hope they fare better with their new game. Disclaimer: I actually enjoyed The Order: 1886

Oh yay, another zombie apocalypse game.

Bend Studio feels a lot like Ready at Dawn, both made handheld versions of big Playstation properties and now moving forward to the PS4 i just hope they fare better with their new game. Disclaimer: I actually enjoyed The Order: 1886

No, Bend made the Syphon Filter games before working on IP from other devs.

FelipeMGM

Nah dude, Bend is an ancient studio which made console games for 10 years before making handheld stuff. They created a big PS property which is Syphon Filter

Holy crap, this was posted 9 days ago in a separate thread.
Seems like the name has been floating around via multiple individuals for quite a long time now. My only question is in regards to Shinobi's tweet; it's pretty cheesy and not Really written well, but it seems like something a marketing team would conjure up.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's so weird though. Shinobi teased a Norse GOW4 back then, and an hour later we have a massive leak with 40+ concept images, resulting in sites getting taken off and more. This time around, Shinobi teases Sony Bend's game, and we have more and more reveals afterwards too. What's going on?

Either way, I'm intrigued, even though I have a feeling this will be a small scale Indie-esque project, with their main game, Days Gone, to be revealed later.

Ridley327

Bend has been around for a lot longer than that. Even if they didn't have the entire Syphon Filter series under their belt, they would still have achieved a kind of fame by being the guys that made Bubsy 3D.

Blobbers

My consatnt fear is in the world of post Witcher 3 which elevated the bar so high that these open woirld games that were already in development are gonna come out and feel bland and from another era. Like I don't want another Mad Max. Heck, I didn't even want Mad Max itself when it released.

I really, really hope Horizon and Dead Don't Drive don't come out and feel underwhelming. At least battle-wise, Horizon seems fun, but e're still to learn about the world design and quest system, although the hope is it'll come out okay since they've hired writers from CDPR and Obsidian. So I'm definitely anticipating actual gameplay footage from Bend's new game.

Turkoop

Banned
My consatnt fear is in the world of post Witcher 3 which elevated the bar so high that these open woirld games that were already in development are gonna come out and feel bland and from another era. Like I don't want another Mad Max. Heck, I didn't even want Mad Max itself when it released.

I really, really hope Horizon and Dead Don't Drive don't come out and feel underwhelming. At least battle-wise, Horizon seems fun, but e're still to learn about the world design and quest system, although the hope is it'll come out okay since they've hired writers from CDPR and Obsidian. So I'm definitely anticipating actual gameplay footage from Bend's new game.

Since Witcher 3 is out, devs are getting under more stress, expections getting bigger. But thats good.

UpwindPoet24

Neo Member
Bend has been around for a lot longer than that. Even if they didn't have the entire Syphon Filter series under their belt, they would still have achieved a kind of fame by being the guys that made Bubsy 3D.

Oh that is correct, thanks. It will be their first foray into PS4 though, like RaD.

Oh that is correct, thanks. It will be their first foray into PS4 though, like RaD.

That wasn't the questionable part of your post, we all realize that.

I'm more interested in hearing more about your "source." Seems like a pretty safe bet to pretend that you know something about a game/title after half a dozen sources confirmed it online over the span of (apparently) a couple years.

Have you any way to confirm you actually have some insider information from Italy? If it's real, I'm sure we'd all love to find out whatever information they have.

If a developer out there actually makes gameplay that is not absolute dog shit, that's already Witcher 3 surpassed.

I can't remember the last game bend made so cautiously optimistic because that spy game in the 90's they made was cool.

Ridley327

The bigger issue is that Bend was a studio that moved to handheld because they wanted to keep the team small and controlled, as that's been their MO since their inception. An open world game with an action focus like this is sounding is not exactly a small team kind of project. Hopefully, they've scaled up appropriately since their Vita projects, or else I'd honestly fear this being a make-or-break situation for them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The guy on reddit. Who mentioned the game over a year ago also posted this thread. The post has since been removed but the comments indicate he clearly mentioned Crash. We'll see how this all plays out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/27bmkf/sonys_e3_showings/

There is a poster on here who also mentioned the name last year on here with a 'what if' questioning, as well as just mentioned he is confident Crash is happening just recently on here.

Grief51

Banned
An open world vehical focused survival horror game with zombies and/or vampires?

I'm definitely intrigued. This could be awesome.

DKHF

The bigger issue is that Bend was a studio that moved to handheld because they wanted to keep the team small and controlled, as that's been their MO since their inception. An open world game with an action focus like this is sounding is not exactly a small team kind of project. Hopefully, they've scaled up appropriately since their Vita projects, or else I'd honestly fear this being a make-or-break situation for them.
They have scaled up significantly (up to 90 employees according to this employee)

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

As long as they have better gameplay than Witcher 3 that would be a plus. Witcher 3's gameplay was terrible.

If a developer out there actually makes gameplay that is not absolute dog shit, that's already Witcher 3 surpassed.

I can't remember the last game bend made so cautiously optimistic because that spy game in the 90's they made was cool.

Exactly. Witcher 3 is surely not setting any standard in the gameplay department.. Not even close.

Difference between Shinobi and many other 'GAF insiders' is that Shinobi has always been right.

Yep, Shinobi isn't your typical "insider". He obviously has access. Its my personal belief studios intentionally give him a bit of info to start the viral marketing cycle and tease fans, which is awesome, but that may be wrong.

Either way he knows his shit, so mad props to him

Top Bottom