• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 - Switch Version, or: how do they think this is ok?

Banned
Has anyone here checked out the sorry excuse of a game that is the Cloud Version of Hitman 3 on Switch? HOLY SHIT!

I downloaded that version out of curiousity, it's a free trial after all, and I couldn't believe what I saw.
first of all, the game runs at 30fps with no option to unlock.
second of all it seems to be running well below 1080p (I woukd almost bet 720p) fences and other details are unrecognisable as soon as you are 3-5 meters away from them. they are basically a pixel blur at any distance that isn't almost touching distance.

so you have that... and then you add streaming compression, input latency and the fact you don't really own it in any way.

this is worse than I would expect a native Switch version to look and run like...

now, I don't think many people on here woukd actually consider buying this version so a warning on here isn't needed or anything, I made this thread simply because I am at awe at how bad this version is.
Control's cloud version on Switch also had terrible macro blocking due to compression and the latency, but you had a 60fps option and it didn't look like 720p+shit codec

butif anyone on here actually was masochistic enough to actually buy and really play this version, let me know... why? o_O

D.Final

Banned
Has anyone here checked out the sorry excuse of a game that is the Cloud Version of Hitman 3 on Switch? HOLY SHIT!

I downloaded that version out of curiousity, it's a free trial after all, and I couldn't believe what I saw.
first of all, the game runs at 30fps with no option to unlock.
second of all it seems to be running well below 1080p (I woukd almost bet 720p) fences and other details are unrecognisable as soon as you are 3-5 meters away from them. they are basically a pixel blur at any distance that isn't almost touching distance.

so you have that... and then you add streaming compression, input latency and the fact you don't really own it in any way.

this is worse than I would expect a native Switch version to look and run like...

now, I don't think many people on here woukd actually consider buying this version so a warning on here isn't needed or anything, I made this thread simply because I am at awe at how bad this version is.
Control's cloud version on Switch also had terrible macro blocking due to compression and the latency, but you had a 60fps option and it didn't look like 720p+shit codec

butif anyone on here actually was masochistic enough to actually buy and really play this version, let me know... why? o_O

The Cloud version of the games for Switch, they need a lot of work to actually be just decent.
And this doesn't happened much often unfortunately

Fbh

Do these cloud switch games come with some sort of "minimum support time period" promise or something like that?
Or is it more like "our service will run for as long as we feel like" type of thing?

Top Bottom