• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy Crap - Joystiq gets a Wii, exposes it to non-gamer roommate

Christopher

Virgin Wii said:
I got offended that the word was used at all. It doesn't matter who or what it was directed at, that type of language demeans a group of human beings.

You'd probably understand if he'd called the box "jewish" or something. Everybody cares about racial slurs, but gay slurs? Nobody gives a ****.

Oh PLEASE cry me a river dude.

Baryn

Banned
Campster said:
I agree. We need to use "faggy" more often. Along with queertastic, niggeriffic, and chinktacular. It's all good fun, right?

*sigh*
I don't use it. But it gets used.

This guy is no Road Scholar, but he's not the redneck that you and others are making him out to be.

Amir0x

Banned
Wii isn't for everyone, news at eleven
But Nintendo fans will say that if he doesn't accept it he's a douchebag. Also, news at eleven.

Kangu

Banned
Jesus, what's wrong with that ****ing idiot? Why doesn't he like the Wii? ****ing moran idot brianded dipshit i swear? What's up with him not liking the wii? Did you guys hear that? He doesn't like the tennis game! He thinks and X360 game is better!! But you can't even swing the controler around!! Seriously, what a jackass.

TFIFF

Banned
Amir0x said:
But Nintendo fans will say that if he doesn't accept it he's a douchebag. Also, news at eleven.

Amirox posts in a Wii thread, news at eleven.

Tumalu

So it's 1 for 2 huh? Well, if Nintendo kept that up I'd say they're set. To be honest though, a lot of those quotes seem pretty bizarre. The guy hardly sounds like a non-gamer (I don't think I've ever heard the word "gimmicky" used outside of a gaming forum). Is Joystiq really a credible gaming site?

Amir0x said:

I see what you did there. But I'm not falling for the bait. I will not be the source of your amusement for the night, Ami.

OH SHIT!!

Tumalu said:
So it's 1 for 2 huh? Well, if Nintendo kept that up I'd say they're set. To be honest though, a lot of those quotes seem pretty bizarre. The guy hardly sounds like a non-gamer (I don't think I've ever heard the word "gimmicky" used outside of a gaming forum). Is Joystiq really a credible gaming site?

Yeah, and accordingly to Joystiq this guy also said ExciteTruck was "intuitive". I mean, come one, who the hell says that in real life?

Amir0x

Banned
TFIFF said:
Sweet bro, what games are you getting with it?

Trauma Center, Mystery Game.

RevenantKioku said:
To justify your trolling, though. That should hardly count. ^_-

I don't have near enough money to buy things just to justify my so-called trolling: besides, I can troll without justifying I'm a mod! Ho-ho. But seriously, what I said wasn't a troll... it's reality.

birdchili

Amir0x said:

actually, douchebag either way, in this case.

Grecco

I love it how a gamer who has played Xbox/PS2 and loves rockstars table tennis is a "Non Gamer" :lol and that his opinion means all non gamers will hate the Wii

Nintendo Am Rosebudded total amirite?

Amir0x

Banned
Grecco said:
I love it how a gamer who has played Xbox/PS2 and loves rockstars table tennis is a "Non Gamer" :lol and that his opinion means all non gamers will hate the Wii

Nintendo Am Rosebudded total amirite?

Maybe they meant 'non-Nintendo gamer'. An Xbox gamer!

Kangu said:
Jesus, what's wrong with that ****ing idiot? Why doesn't he like the Wii? ****ing moran idot brianded dipshit i swear? What's up with him not liking the wii? Did you guys hear that? He doesn't like the tennis game! He thinks and X360 game is better!! But you can't even swing the controler around!! Seriously, what a jackass.

That's not the point. I couldn't give a **** whether he likes the Wii or not.

The problem is that he immediately came into it sceptical and critical.

It's just like me walking into someone's room who just got a 360, and saying "Pfft, the graphics still aren't photorealistic, the loading is longer than the Great Wall of China, that power pack is stupid and faggy, etc."

TFIFF

Banned
I don't know why anyone would find this joystiq post thing unbelievable, of course people actually talk like this:

Whoa -- roommie is now playing Excite Truck. He's digging the controls for it: "Dare I say that this is more intuitive than the Xbox 360 control for racing games."

Also, who couldn't see that this handsome double chinned fellow clearly sported teh body of an expert tennis master?:

roommieholdingwii.jpg

Yeah so I totally got my completely real neighbor to comment on the Wii.He said "the name was a prepostorous juxtaposition, so outlandish in its conception that it may well cause the moon to combust." He then went on to say Zelda (aka minigame collection) is too kiddy ("there isn't even curbstomping =/") and proclaimed that Excite Truck (btw he is a profesisonal race car driver) didn't have enough bloom. Also, he is a non-gamer but he knows what bloom is ok he just does ok.

TFIFF said:
He said "the name was a prepostorous juxtaposition, so outlandish in its conception that it may well cause the moon to combust."

You mean... drohne doesn't talk that way in real life? :(

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Amir0x said:
I don't have near enough money to buy things just to justify my so-called trolling: besides, I can troll without justifying I'm a mod! Ho-ho. But seriously, what I said wasn't a troll... it's reality.
Someone's awfully sensitive!
Anyway, I myself have become suprisingly pumped about the Wii in the past few weeks. It went from "eh, sometime" to "****, now I'm gonna spend Sunday morning hunting for one". Oh well. Trauma Center and Zelda for me. ^^

I was talking to a non-gamer about Wii once. He said the graphics weren't as good as his Xbox 360, so he's going to buy a PS3 as well.

Kangu

Banned
TFIFF said:
Also, who couldn't see that this handsome double chinned fellow clearly sported teh body of an expert tennis master?:

Yeah lol. Everyone knows Federer uses Wii tennis to train, because it is a hardcore tennis sim filled with intricacies only tennis masters can grasp. Except for moving to the ball, that's not really an important part of tennis.

Baryn said:
I don't use it. But it gets used.

This guy is no Road Scholar, but he's not the redneck that you and others are making him out to be.

Rhodes Scholar. You totally trapped yourself there dude.

And we all know Amir0x is getting Rampage: Total Destruction.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The Wii holds your hand in certain games and Wiisports aren't sim games

More at 11!

I can't believe people are actually trying to make certain Wii games out to more than what they should be and what they actually are, introductory games for non-gamers.

birdchili

nintendo claims that non-gamers that were players of the relevant sports were better at them than gamers were in testing. this would suggest a certain level of sim-iness in the wii-sports titles... real world testing sure doesn't seem to indicate this is even close to the case so far.

i still have almost no idea what skills are required to be good at the wii sports games.

StRaNgE

Banned
Alkaliine said:
I was talking to a non-gamer about Wii once. He said the graphics weren't as good as his Xbox 360, so he's going to buy a PS3 as well.

how is a on gamer an ower of a 360 ???

a non gamer does not play games. well maybe crossword puzzles and board games. :lol

Baryn

Banned
StRaNgE said:
how is a on gamer an ower of a 360 ???

a non gamer does not play games. well maybe crossword puzzles and board games. :lol
You've described only people over 45. Everyone today plays games at some point or another. I know plenty of people who own game consoles who I would not call gamers. Just like anybody who owns a DVD player is not a film buff.

Baryn

Banned
EphemeralDream said:
Rhodes Scholar. You totally trapped yourself there dude.

And we all know Amir0x is getting Rampage: Total Destruction.
I've never read the term, I've only heard it spoken!

Lobster

Banned
Alkaliine said:

Wouldn't that person be a casual? Not a non-gamer?

----

Banned
I'm guessing that this guy is a non-gamer in that he does not ever buy games or own any systems and only play games that his Joystiq editor friend invites him to play. I know a lot of people like that. The fact that this person happens to be very much into tennis is probably why he was interested enough to pick up the controller to play Rockstar's Table Tennis. Again I seriously doubt he purchased an Xbox 360 or the game and the only reason he had access to it is because he lives with a guy who works for Joystiq.

Campster said:
I agree. We need to use "faggy" more often. Along with queertastic, niggeriffic, and chinktacular. It's all good fun, right?

*sigh*
In common language and slang calling something faggy or queer is not at all considered the same as using racial slurs like nigger and chink. You're not going to lose your job in an office environment for calling something faggy or queer.

I've never heard my mom use a bad word in her life and even she refers to some things and behaviors as gay or faggy. People trying to say faggy is as bad as the word nigger are really stretching big time. Sure you could substitute a more politically correct description like effeminate or uncool in certain situations, but realistically speaking most people don't do that in common slang.

Top Bottom