• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West will launch on PS4 too

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Brutal day for Fanboys, great day for gamers on a budget

This. I really wanted to play Sackboy but was weary of dropping full price for the console as its the only thing I want at the moment. This way I can play on my PS4 and just upgrade when/if I get a PS5. Its absolutely win win for everyone apart from those who like to try and score points online.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
tenor.gif

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The only explanation I can think of is these games started development on PS4 and they just never scrapped it.

We know for a fact Horizon in particular started development in 2017 on PS4.

Gotta be it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

SONY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING.

This is the worst news possible.

you can forget ssd fuckery except for loading times and massive use of ryzen cpu, this thing has to run on a fucking ps4...

someone slaps me and wake me up from this nightmare.

We believe in generations...fuck you sony, from the bottom of my cross-gen heart.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
What if God of War 2 us also cross gen but not revealed until closer to release. After all that's 2021 similar to Horizon.

Fake

Yeah, this was pretty dissapointing. I was expecting a full use of PS5, not a crossgen game.

Oh, well.

THEAP99

Banned
What a major fuck up. I'll wait till the actual next-gen games release.

HOW IN THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE A BANGING SHOW LIKE THAT THEN ANNOUNCE ALL THIS SHIT AFTERWARDS?
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SAY "WE BELIEVE IN GENERATIONS" BUT THEN GO AHEAD RELEASING ALL THESE FUCKING CROSS GEN GAMES?! Pathetic. I will wait

Yoboman

Sure, generally, but the 2:1 in sales is a big factor for wanting to market cross gen for a while, that is a LOT of money not being made if they cut off the PS4 player base straight away.
Its cutting off your nose to spite your own face

Yeah they might get some additional software sales. But that's 15 million or so potential customers who bought Horizon and Spiderman who don't need a PS5 now

Vognerful

The only explanation I can think of is these games started development on PS4 and they just never scrapped it.

We know for a fact Horizon in particular started development in 2017 on PS4.

Gotta be it.
Moore law is dead talked about how he believes many of these games were initially Planned to release on ps4 and then Sony asked them to rework for a console that is several folds stronger.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Mate, that console launch was astonishing compared to this one that's about to happen.

These consoles are being launched into the abyss. For me personally, there are zero selling points as it stands at the moment.
I am buying XSX, because of lots of shitty performing games on X1X, however PS5, I need to reconsider, because that 80 ojro price tag is fucking horrendous.

Max_Po

Banned
I am not surprised. People forget that PS2 was outselling PS3 after launch... PS4/Pro4 is generating BILLIONS in revenue...

You can't just drop 110+ million player base. I fully expect this to happen for at least 2+ years.

Looks pretty next-gen to me. I guess the PS4 version will be more of a demake. That's fine too.
Boy oh boy.. the narrative has changed.. Nice

So you telling me its actually possible to scale graphics between two differently powered hardware? XSX and PS5 games can look great and next gen without Xbox one and PS4 holding them back? People were XSS holding XSX back when the damn thing has next gen hardware now PS4 not holding Horizon back?

I am not surprised. People forget that PS2 was outselling PS3 after launch... PS4/Pro4 is generating BILLIONS in revenue...

You can't just drop 110+ million player base. I fully expect this to happen for at least 2+ years.
Yes and thats why Xbox games will also come to old Xbox ones as well for 2 years minimum as there are 40-50m Xbox one owners. Numbers are low compared to PS4 but still its a decent install base, you cant ignore

-Arcadia-

Banned
Just going to offer an opinion here.

This is objectively disappointing. All that SSD hype, for example, for a hard drive bound game.

But, this is still an absolutely gorgeous game. It’s clear that this isn’t some lazy cross-gen effort, but we’re actually seeing the PS5 used.

turtlepowa

Banned
Cross posting from the spiderman thread.

What a load of fucking shit. Now era is saying that even Horizon Forbidden West is cross gen. Demon Souls is coming to other consoles which means thats also cross gen because as a first party games its defintely not going to Xbox.
Do you have a source for Demon Souls?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What a major fuck up. I'll wait till the actual next-gen games release.

HOW IN THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE A BANGING SHOW LIKE THAT THEN ANNOUNCE ALL THIS SHIT AFTERWARDS?
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SAY "WE BELIEVE IN GENERATIONS" BUT THEN GO AHEAD RELEASING ALL THESE FUCKING CROSS GEN GAMES?! Pathetic. I will wait
Are we getting another video, tho? We deserve it

Doesn’t matter if a few Titles are also on PS4 because on PS5 they look vastly better.Higher resolution better textures better particles Ray Tracing and so on.Why should Sony ignore 130 million PS4?Not everyone will and can move to PS5 even if they could not enough PS5s for everyone.These are their last cross gen Titels late 2021 everything will be PS5 except MLB or Gran Turismo.People complaining shouldnt really complain it’s not like that the PS5 version looks the same as the PS4 version.PS5 version will look way better.Horizon Looks absolutely Next Gen even if their is a PS4 version.Shows how great that game is Technically.

Top Bottom