• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West will launch on PS4 too

Extremely late to the party here but I'm glad this is the case. Horizon was one of my favourite PS4 games and one of my favourite Sony games. That being said, I was not going to drop $600+ Canadian to play it. I'm glad I'll be able to go through it with the rest of you at launch!

Pimpbaa

Probably will see increased texture resolution, better lighting, and LOD transitions push further into the distance on PS5 but world geometry will be constrained by the PS4.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Extremely late to the party here but I'm glad this is the case. Horizon was one of my favourite PS4 games and one of my favourite Sony games. That being said, I was not going to drop $600+ Canadian to play it. I'm glad I'll be able to go through it with the rest of you at launch!
Like any new gen, unless someone has to have the latest gear, the launch games (more like launch year) are basically up-ports anyway. There's only a handful of dedicated next gen games and there's no guarantee any of them will be great anyway.

Look at 2013. Knack, KZ SF, Resogun, Ryse, KI and Forza 5. Not exactly a ball busting awesome line up.

Just wait it out.

The good thing about these recent systems is studios can be generous on enhancement and upgrade patches, so when someone gets a new system later, you'll probably get a free next gen upgrade patch. So assuming you value playing the game again, you can do it a year later with upgrade patches.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Man, 79.99 euros for some of those games... makes no sense when its 69.99 USD ☹
Jim ryan at Sony headquarters.
07bmgZf.jpg

Like any new gen, unless someone has to have the latest gear, the launch games (more like launch year) are basically up-ports anyway. There's only a handful of dedicated next gen games and there's no guarantee any of them will be great anyway.

Look at 2013. Knack, KZ SF, Resogun, Ryse, KI and Forza 5. Not exactly a ball busting awesome line up.

Just wait it out.

The good thing about these recent systems is studios can be generous on enhancement and upgrade patches, so when someone gets a new system later, you'll probably get a free next gen upgrade patch. So assuming you value playing the game again, you can do it a year later with upgrade patches.

Killzone Shadow Fall is still one of the better looking games of the generation, what point are you making there?

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Lol, this can't be real 😂
I told people a while ago, no generation is promised to anyone. Not even Sony. And then they raise the price of games and charging the same price for weaker hardware and a half cocked attempt at something like GP, yet, still not in the same league.

I told people a while ago, no generation is promised to anyone. Not even Sony. And then they raise the price of games and charging the same price for weaker hardware and a half cocked attempt at something like GP, yet, still not in the same league.

You say not in the same league... but like... every game is amazing. Looks like quality over quantity to me.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Probably will see increased texture resolution, better lighting, and LOD transitions push further into the distance on PS5 but world geometry will be constrained by the PS4.

You can also see more NPC’s and objects as you can instance more and more of those, improve surface shaders and facial animation, lower loading times, RT reflections, etc...

scalman

They will come on both but wont look same for sure. So its choice what you need , same as fof why ppl upgrade their gpu cpu on pc, if no want stay with old and still play it but not maxed. Same here. Its a choice but its cheap one compare to pc or even new xsx.
it costs less then other stuff new phone new hdtv new audio system etc. This is cheapest new thing.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Omg 😱 sorry but this is not a bit but extremely laughable 🤣🤣

So engines do scale ?
It was the best looking game at the PS5 reveal right ?

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

This announcement actually made me laugh hard.

Months and months people were laughing at Microsoft for this.

Now what is sure to be one of the most technically impressive game for the ps5 is coming to ps4.

And to make matters more interesting it's not even a seperate game if they're promising you can upgrade it to ps5.

That means there can be little difference in the gameplay and it makes me very sad for all next gen games Xbox or Sony.

kuncol02

Banned
Omg 😱 sorry but this is not a bit but extremely laughable 🤣🤣

So engines do scale ?
It was the best looking game at the PS5 reveal right ?
Was that even game on reveal? I haven't saw any gameplay in that trailer. For all I know that could be another "inengine" and "recorded on console" trailer like Uncharted 4.

meech

It will definitely be held back. We were expecting to override the flying bird and fly them over the landscape. I just hope that they're making Horizon 3 simultaneously so won't have to wait for too long.
I never believed that this was issue with the hardware. Battlefield games have flying and first person combat, so obviously
Horizon could have that too.

I never believed that this was issue with the hardware. Battlefield games have flying and first person combat, so obviously
Horizon could have that too.

I thought the idea was how far and how fast you can fly. A battlefield map is fully loaded in for everyone before it begins, so obviously the plane can fly all around it, but there will still be pop-in, sometimes aggressive.

DJT123

You realize that you can max out HZD on PC with a RTX 2070 Super, a card that's comparable to the PS5 GPU, right?
I'm saying HZD2 won't look better on PS4 than HZD will on a PC with the kind of GFX card you mentioned. It would be lower resolution for one thing, and we can keep going from there.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm saying HZD2 won't look better on PS4 than HZD will on a PC with the kind of GFX card you mentioned. It would be lower resolution for one thing, and we can keep going from there.

Your initial statement was referencing a banned user who said HZD on PC may or may not look better than HZD 2 on PS5.

It makes no sense because if HZD can be maxed out with a RTX 2070, then the PlayStation 5 can play it at the same ultra/4k settings similar to PC.

For the statement to be true, then HZD2 graphics would either have to stay the same or look worse than HZD1.

DJT123

Your initial statement was referencing a banned user who said HZD on PC may or may not look better than HZD 2 on PS5.

It makes no sense because if HZD can be maxed out with a RTX 2070, then the PlayStation 5 can play it at the same ultra/4k settings similar to PC.

For the statement to be true, then HZD2 graphics would either have to stay the same or look worse than HZD1.
I see what you mean. I wouldn't go that far. I'm just saying he's technically being proven right about HZD on PC looking better than HZD 2 on PlayStation- but that's leaving next-gen aside- which we still don't know much about.

EDMIX

Gold Member
I don't think anything is wrong with them being on PS4 if that is what they intended, but I do think something is wrong not marketing it that way when those games were originally announced as many of us stated how close some of those titles looked like last gen titles simply sharper.

Stuart360

You mean, the cinematic trailer looks next gen.
Maybe that's why they haven't showed gameplay, cinematic trailers always look next gen XD
Plus most of the fantastic looking cutscenes in HZD were actually rendered videos, i wonder how many people knew that. Its hard to tell as the video quality used is very high, but as soon as most cutscenes start on the PC version, gpu usage drops to almost nothing, a tell tale sign of video over actual graphics.

oldergamer

So much for last gen holding next gen games back, right guys?? I told u that narrative was BS created by the gaming media and not actual developers. Sony literally has more cross gen games announced the MS

Top Bottom