• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn E3 Previews and hands-on

Xeteh

can they fight for me
can i reprogram more than one at a time

can i be the queen of machines

guerilla please

Brad from Giant Bomb said he hacked a wolf-like robot and it followed him around and fought with him. He made it said like various animals had different functions once hacked. Should be cool.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

During a hands-on session that followed the demo, I got to try out some of Aloy's ranged and melee abilities in a sequence where I was challenged to complete a number of objectives. These included things like taking down a set number of watchers and overriding bigger creatures and then riding them to attack a group of other Machines. It was intense and challenging, in part because the enemies are quite intelligent, never staying in one place for too long and attacking from all sides. It's thrilling to be in a battle with these unique-looking beasts. And the numerous ways in which you can defeat them brings about an element of strategy that I was not expecting.

Great to hear.

Please be good

Please be good

Please be good

You can't be the best game of the show two times in a row without being good, right? Right?

A different Horizon (Horizon 3) was game of the show for me, but this was easily second. Almost pre-ordered the 69 dollar digital version, but the extras seemed like a waste since they appeared to cover her head. I love the standard armor/cloths and her head unencumbered so I got the 60 dollar version and Ratchet and Clank to complete the 15 dollar PSN promo. I hated the combat in Witcher 3, so hopefully this gets that right in addition to being a huge world full of interesting things to do (and kill). Sony really nailed it with their exclusives this E3.

Draft

I didn't appreciate just how good Naughty Dog's player characters chattering to themselves was until watching videos of this game. That woman goes on and on and it's just terrible.

Combat is one of the areas GG have always excelled at.
Its great to know horizon has such a layered system for battles in place, should be fun.

I didn't appreciate just how good Naughty Dog's player characters chattering to themselves was until watching videos of this game. That woman goes on and on and it's just terrible.

For demo purposes only.
She won't chatter away constantly in final game.

Thats for demo purposes. Would you have rather had Hermen or Matthijs talk over the demo like Bethesda did with Dishonored 2?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

How do people not realize that the chatter was just for the demo? She's not going to tell you what to do, where to go, and what to craft while wandering around.

Jito

Banned
Still just looks like a by the numbers open world game we've seen tons of over the last few years. I don't really understand the hype other than the premise of the game is kinda interesting.

silva1991

The reprogram skill reminds me of Geralt sign he uses to control some enemies and wild life

good stuff.

in the demo Alloy said something about crafting right after the player accessed the menu even though she didn't even need a new arrows at the time because she wasn't fighting

that part was a prove that most chattering was for the demo purposes.

Brad from Giant Bomb said he hacked a wolf-like robot and it followed him around and fought with him. He made it said like various animals had different functions once hacked. Should be cool.

Could you post the video with timestamp for the horizon coverage please?

Memento

WHAAAAAAT

That is AWESOME!

This game will be amazing.

Garlador

I'd pre-order it already, but I don't see the Limited Edition anywhere on sale in NA. Just the regular and Collector's, and I really don't want the statue; just the steelbook and artbook.

Are they REALLY only going to give the Limited Edition to EU only? I keep hoping it's retailer specific or they're just lagging behind.

It's the only thing keeping me from dropping down money right this instant.

AtkO

Damn man, let me hack an eagle and then lemme see what it sees!

Frillen

Lots of stuff I like. The only thing left is how they will handle side quests. The Witcher 3 really sat the bar high, and I will be glad if they can reach just half of that.

The only game I have higher on my E3 list is Zelda. This one, along with Horizon 3, are close behind.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'd pre-order it already, but I don't see the Limited Edition anywhere on sale in NA. Just the regular and Collector's, and I really don't want the statue; just the steelbook and artbook.

Are they REALLY only going to give the Limited Edition to EU only? I keep hoping it's retailer specific or they're just lagging behind.

Been asking about it on Twitter with no answer yet.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan

When you were making your username you added the "r" by accident didn't you?
Come on be honest

Kremzeek

Oh my gosh this game sounds amazing.

I think it's my #1 most wanted.

I'm sure the release delay will make it even more polished. (I'd be fine with them not wasting resources on multiplayer)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Still just looks like a by the numbers open world game we've seen tons of over the last few years. I don't really understand the hype other than the premise of the game is kinda interesting.

Premise is unlike any game we've seen, the visuals are stunning, the direction is gorgeous, the weapons and combat look top notch. All of this in the limited amount we've seen.

I don't know where I'm going to find the time with ME3, Persona 5, and this game next year (given that they're saying that this will be like The Witcher 3). These three games might be 80% of my entire year.

Now if they can prove through the writing and quests that this game is indeed an RPG as much as it is an ARPG (please Mr New Vegas writer, save us), then GG will pretty much have GOTY 2017 on lockdown.

Funny, that's exactly what I think about Breath of the Wild. Just switch the premise for "It's a Zelda game".

Loudninja

The LE is coming to NA guess they didn't add it yet
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...-special-editions-pre-order-bonuses-detailed/

I was trying to figure out why I couldn't get as hyped for Zelda given that I'm a huge fan of the series, and I think Horizon may be the reason why. This game sounds phenomenal.

This game is sounding incredible so far, wow. This game has simply captured my heart and I just hope Guerrilla can nail the story so it isn't corny.

Fantastic.

Really?
I must be out of the loop can you show me a game with that kind of combat, aesthetic, protagonist, and that has dinosaur robots!

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Really?
I must be out of the loop can you show me a game with that kind of combat, aesthetic, protagonist, and that has dinosaur robots!

lol indeed, master!

This game is a breath of fresh air in a saturated open world games. The game as a whole feels like something fresh, different. I love the whole robot dinosaur thing.

Top Bottom