• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 Exclusive | Screenshots

Staf

This game really took me by surprise. Only game so far i've looked and thought, man that looks like fun playing.

Vex_

Banned
Regardless if the 6this a bullshot, we know GG has nothing to hide because that gameplay looked amazing anyway.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So you're telling me I get to be Ygritte? But like, fighting huge robots?

Hot shit that looks good.

TokiDoki

Nariko is not pretty , this MC's pretty and looks real . Simple enough . Hopefully there're more types of outfit design rather than the tribes looking one .

deleted

Puh, this E3 - this looks like one hell of a game. MP could be Monster Hunter-esque with western action adventure gameplay?

zlatko

Banned
Jaw dropping visually. Fun gameplay shown as well. Great take on post apocalypse stuff going on here.

I need more deets:

Release date time?
Any MP? God I hope so. Killzone is a great treat head to head... this could be the "Gears of War" on PS4 I've been longing for forever.
Beta?
Co-op ?

fedexpeon

Banned
I can't believe they are aiming for a 2016 release date for a brand new IP that is an Open World RPG.
GG is a technical magician to be able to release KZ: SF then turns around within 2 year to release this for 2016.
Masterful.

BatSu

mE7d0o9.gif

CFa5coc.gif

Tch2nWK.gif

mTkBsks.gif

I can't believe they are aiming for a 2016 release date for a brand new IP that is an Open World RPG.
GG is a technical magician to be able to release KZ: SF then turns around within 2 year to release this for 2016.
Masterful.
If rumours are right this has been in dev for a good bit longer than that. GG are one of Sony's biggest studios. Probably just pulled some of KZ's team over after completion

Dibbs

I think I'm in love with a redhead. oO

Is it just me or is anyone else getting Enslaved: Odyssey to the West-vibes out of this?

Absolutely Gorgeous!
and Laura Bailey is the new Troy Baker confirmed. Featured in Halo 5, Gears 4 and now this! I'm perfectly fine with that though, she is superb!

Metal B

The game has a great presentation, but we have to see, how it actually plays. It's still Guerrilla Games, who develops it.

I know everyone here is head over heals in love with FF7R, Shenmue 3 and TLG. But this is my highlight of the show!

This certainly looks like the most fun to play. Honestly, for me the trifecta of this, TLG and Dreams made it a goddamn 9/10 show to remember.

The game has a great presentation, but we have to see, how it actually plays. It's still Guerrilla Games, who develops it.

Except gameplay has never really been GG's problem. Obviously there were mixed reactions around KZ2, but KZ3 and Shadow Fall were both excellent to play.

Uhhhh, she looks like an actual person?

Beautiful protagonist.
Beautiful environments.
Beautiful gameplay.
Beautiful antagonists.

I want this game. I want it so bad. If there wasn't a trifecta-bomb, this would be the talk of the town. The strongest new IP debut, by far. It even contained actual game play.

That moment when they started playing...damn! At that point I thought we might just be getting in-game trailer, but nope, they freaking played it.

AESplusF

Looks fantastic, really glad we're getting this from Guerrilla rather than another Killzone

Also didn't the OP miss this
18846361735_7c46c6f5ee_h.jpg

stryke

Masterful.

I suspect this is a Holiday 2016 title, so that would put it 3 years since KZDF. They've obviously had this in the works a lot longer than that as well.

Seanspeed

Banned
Whaaaa?

Did you play this on a CRT?
I'm currently playing through it and it definitely has noticeable aliasing.

It's good for a console game, but not stellar.

I'm also playing on a monitor, so it'll be more noticeable to me than for others playing on a TV in their living room.

Anyways, Horizon has plenty of aliasing in the gameplay video. Kind of hard not to at 1080p and that sort of detail without expending a lot of resources on heavy AA techniques, which they obviously cant afford to do if they want to keep these levels of graphics and scope of game design.

zlatko

Banned
So this is an open world RPG? No form of MP, or not announced yet if it is in there?

I hope GG doesn't leave behind it's wonderful MP legacy. I'm all for new "horizons" with gameplay/genre, etc, but GG rocks at multiplayer.

Top Bottom