• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House GOP may pass Senate's "skinny repeal" outright. CALL YOUR SENATORS.

FFS, they're legislating like Trump squeezes out one of his boneheaded decrees. No outside consultation, no thought, just....here it is! We don't know what we actually did, but it's your problem now!

Shauni

Not too sure now.

His bff, McCain, just said Ryan's statement was not enough to make him vote yes.

Lol, McCain literally said he wouldn't vote for a version of the bill as is yesterday and then instantly voted for it. Don't trust that brain rotted motherfucker

mcw

Not sure how much longer I can take this hypocrisy.

When the bills under discussion are not public, and are not even visible to the senators until the last minute, what can we as citizens actually do? I see no options that would be considered legal.

The Lamp

Tried calling but my senators mail box is full. Any other options?

Text Resist to 504-09

Auto-drafts a Fax with an optional custom message and formal letterhead for your senators and reps. You can fax as many times as you want.

Everyone please do this.

Zubz

Banned
I'm probably too late, but called all 10 of those numbers (As well as mine for good measure), & made it abundantly clear that A.) I don't trust Republicans to touch healthcare, B.) I want universal single-payer, & C.) I will never vote for a Republican in my life, & will do whatever I can to support future opponents in the case of Senator Toomey.

bplewis24

Neo Member
Remember this day, no matter what happens. The GOP is on the brink of making a mockery of not just the legislative process, but every single excuse they gave for not liking the way the ACA was passed as well.

Don't get me wrong, the GOP sold their soul a long, long time ago. But this shit-show just reached a level so sad that it's hard not to laugh and cry about it at the same time.

Shauni

When the bills under discussion are not public, and are not even visible to the senators until the last minute, what can we as citizens actually do? I see no options that would be considered legal.

Outside calling your senators and voting against them in election, nuttin'

Text Resist to 504-09

Auto-drafts a Fax with an optional custom message and formal letterhead for your senators and reps. You can fax as many times as you want.

Everyone please do this.

Ha. Rand Paul doesn't even have a fax apparently. Then, it wouldn't recognize my physical address or email address to send him an email or letter either, and he lives in the same damn town as me.
But the fax did go through to Mitch.

snap

Banned
Text Resist to 504-09

Everyone please do this.

faxed McCain and Flake. I doubt they'll even read it, though.

Graham is a yes now, 4 hours after calling everything about it a sham.

Looks like it could pass 51-50 exactly like the MTP unless someone else steps up.

BFIB

Graham will vote yes. Once again, the GOP just falls in line. Its amazing how they are like the Borg.

So, er, has anyone actually read the skinny repeal bill? It would probably be a good idea to read it before voting on it.

I ask because I don't think I've seen a breakdown on exactly what it does.
Doesn't matter much. If they remove the mandate the whole thing falls apart.

Shauni

Of course Graham was a yes all along. He's just like Rotting Brain McCain, he's all theater, but he's a worthless piece of shit like the rest of them. Anyone who ever put any hope in him fell for a work.

Boke1879

Graham is voting yes. After talking all that shit.

They claim they don't want this to become law, but will vote anyway.

Zolo

I'm mostly astonished that the Senate is perfectly OK with voting not even an hour after the text is actually made public.

Well, not astonished. Sickened?

It's a sign of desperation. They became increasingly more like the House as they couldn't get bills signed.

Tovarisc

Skinny is on paper now? It's whole 8 pages: https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HealthCareFreedomAct.pdf

--------

Here's your skinny bill
DFyXJPIWAAQEllX.jpg

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/890753039505731585

RC0101

I figured it would eventually pass. My daughter would not be who she is today without the Medicaid expansion. She was nonverbal at 3 and because of the expansion she was able to get into intensive therapy and now 8 years old is slightly behind her peers but actually has a great shot at a fulfilling life. My heart breaks for anyone who just now is starting where I was 5 years ago.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The US Senate is about to pass a bill that they don't want to become law that is 18% of the US economy and affects 10s of million of lives.

Fuck everything.

Top Bottom