• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House GOP may pass Senate's "skinny repeal" outright. CALL YOUR SENATORS.

This also appropriates up to 2.5 Billion more for health centers and extra state funding. This can not be a 50 vote Bill unless I'm missing something in the bill...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
This whole process is a disgrace to our political institutions and if the Dems cannot capitalize on the absolute fuckery in 2018 by winning a majority in both houses then we know once and for all that the country is well and truly fucked.

aeolist

Banned
Democrats would just nuke it again, because the intent would be obvious and the precedent would already be set.
no i mean the dems would reinstate it because they all have boners for stupid rules and really believe they should be bipartisan instead of just winning and wielding power

aeolist

Banned
also it would give them an excuse to not pass things like single payer that the base wants but the donor class doesn't

Link

The Autumn Wind
This whole process is a disgrace to our political institutions and if the Dems cannot capitalize on the absolute fuckery in 2018 by winning a majority in both houses then we know once and for all that the country is well and truly fucked.
The Republican base doesn't give a shit. They'd happily live in a fascist dictatorship if it means their side is "winning."

republicans would allow trump to personally shit in their mouths if democrats would have to smell it

Shauni

no i mean the dems would reinstate it because they all have boners for stupid rules and really believe they should be bipartisan instead of just winning and wielding power

Yeah, because they reinstated it instantly after they themselves nuked it for lower court nominees, huh? Man, just get out of here with all this shit. We don't have time to go through your shit, this is serious stuff and we don't need any of your 'rah rah, bernie bro, rah rah, Dems suck, rah rah' horseshit. Just go on, man, save it for another time when serious shit isn't going down at that point to get into, for the love of God.

Majority in the Senate is off the table, probably, to be honest. The House is very possible, though.

Brinbe

Awful... And these morons will suffer zero real repercussions when their voting electorate inevitably gets fucked over. You know the Dems will get blamed as usual.

America is fucked and you have the idiots among you to blame. Party over country at its worst.

Nista

Sadly these speeches for the motion to recommit are falling on deaf ears I'm sure. Just getting the two quasi-sensible women Rs won't be enough.

If this crappy Bill is approved and made into law, do we all pile into California so we can get better insurance?

We have a spare room or two in the house, but GAF will have to buy more groceries and booze.

Sent the text thing.

Here's what I said:

If you vote for the skinny repeal, I will personally do everything in my power to let this country know that republicans are not only traitors, they are also terrorists. I will run campaigns that depict you as the disgusting monsters you are, you want to see real terrorists? How about you look in the fucking mirror you fascist pricks. You will kill millions of American Citizens for the bottom line, with no clear replacement, and any vagueness that you've stated as the replacement is garbage tier fascist classism proffered by you dumb rich fucks who've done nothing but obstruct during Obama's Presidency, your party is the reason it was so terrible in the first place. Fuck you and Good night, you piece of shit neonazis. My Grandfathers fought for this country, and nearly died serving it, my grandfather would be sickened by what has happened with the Trump Presidency, and legislative law in general enacted by this burgeoning fascist administration. He fought in World War II, he guarded stockades in the Rhineland, and helped Holocaust survivors. All of you are acting like Hitlers fascist Reich, you just haven't started to purge your undesirables to death yet. You hate LGBTQ people, you hate minorities, you are no better than Hitler's SS, you just haven't killed anyone yet.

But my senators are fuckheads.

EDIT: lol now I have to reword it because it says it is filled with words that can be used in threats.

linkboy

Just sent a fax to my two Senator's.

Not sure what good it'll do since I'm in South Dakota, and they're conservative as shit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My mom, a cancer survivor, was in a car accident tonight. She's OK but it's only because of the ACA that she's been able to get all of her treatments. That resist bot allowed me to say something tonight. Hopefully we can get through this.

I think I broke the bot you guys.

I don't know you, but I am proud of you.

at least someone is, because this app won't let me send my fucking message. LOL.

Also my Dad fucking hates me because of where I clearly stand against everything that he loves about Trump. IE being a bigot.

I just don't get this Bill, doesn't benefit the insurers or hospital system at all, and in fact would hurt them. The waiver system will in the end push the burden of cost on the Hospitals in the long run because seeking health care is usually not optional and usually time critical...

I just don't get this Bill, doesn't benefit the insurers or hospital system at all, and in fact would hurt them. The waiver system will in the end push the burden of cost on the Hospitals in the long run because seeking health care is usually not optional and usually time critical...

Does it have tax cuts?

Link

The Autumn Wind
My hospital has already warned us to expect cuts and layoffs.

It's all politics. There is nothing for the people here, just a bunch of old white men wanting to keep their power.

Sean C

If they do this people will be begging Republicans to pass any healthcare bill they come with. Then Republicans can blame Democrats if they oppose it.
Which will not work, because the Republicans are the ones in charge. The polling on that is clear. Republicans will own whatever happens.

Moreover, the GOP is ideologically incapable of coming up with any plausible fixes for the system.

Top Bottom