• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you get rid of a hickey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protein

Banned
A drunken night can lead to many things, both awesome and undesirable alike. In this case I was marked by the dreaded love mark and not even realizing it till a few hours later. I could care less about my work seeing it, I have no shame. It's the fact that I have a date this week which is what I'm really concerned about. Wearing a man-scarf is not an option either. How the hell do you get rid of these things?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
2 options.

1) Makeup. Chicks will see right through this.

2) Have someone come punch you really fucking hard so that you get a huge bruise disguising the mark. Tell your date you got in a fight and that you won the fight. She will be impressed by your battle skills.

kai3345

Banned
Tell your date its a hickey from the chick you banged last night, and that you want to add hers to the collection

Get a ring of them around your neck, if anyone asks claim that some foreign operative mistook you for a target and tried to garrote you.

Derwind

That's what I did back when it was semi fashionable to wear scarfs indoors. Worked a treat until I forgot and took it off.

roland-martin-ascot-11.jpg

Thorakai

You have to get a big fake mole right on your cheek so that no one will notice the hickey. Preferably with a hair or two sticking out of it.

Darknight

Next time tell your SO to suck your dick that way hickeys stay down there.

Just wear makeup or high neck shirts or something lol.

What you do is you go on the date. If she asks, tell her you got drunk and made out with another chick a few nights earlier.

If she has an issue with that, maybe the problem is hers, maybe it's yours, but chances are it wasn't going to work out anyway. Get it over with early.

Here's some actually helpful advice. My foolproof method:

Put a spoon in the freezer for a few minutes and then press it over your hickey and kind of roll it in circles over the surface. Then get a hairbrush (not one with bristles, one of the plastic ones). Brush your skin with the hairbrush. This will get uncomfortable and kind of sore, but it breaks up the bruise and helps dissolve it. Repeat the spoon step as often as you want, it can feel good since the hairbrush can get uncomfortable.

Follow these steps, young grasshopper, and your hickey will fade incredibly quickly.

Who does hickey's? What is this, the 1950s?

It's my understanding that to get a hickey the person has to put their mouth on your neck and suck creating suction or something? Why would anyone do that?

Sorian

Banned
Who does hickey's? What is this, the 1950s?

It's my understanding that to get a hickey the person has to put their mouth on your neck and suck creating suction or something? Why would anyone do that?

For some people, it is much easier than that to get a hickey.

This reminds me - I took a picture of this guy at a party to show him what an acquaintance of mine did to his neck. Dude had to have dinner with his mom the next day, and she fucking bit up all over his neck. My friend who brought this girl was like "I thought she was so innocent!" It was amazing. She learned to do other things too, and just a few months prior she apparently didn't even get dirty jokes.

Ugh, hickeys. It's the worst type if bruise. I never let anyone give me one. My mother would have killed me!

Be that as it may, ice (10 minutes on 10 minutes off) and makeup should do the trick until it heals.

I know how to get rid of it, or atleast make it a lot less noticeable if you attend to it almost immediately, but a day or so later after the bruising has set in....
better put on some make-up or a collared shirt and tie.

but you can try this technique anyway if you want, but it might be too late for you:

step 1:
get an ice cube or a frozen spoon and place it on the hickey till the area is numb.
step 2:
take a lipstick cap or any cylindrical cap with a smooth edge and press it down on and around the area and twist and pull. this might make a popping sound if you get good suction.
do this repeatedly until it doesn't look like a hickey anymore.

repeat step 1 when the numbness wears off (step 2 kinda hurts ;))

this will break up the blood vessels at the surface and stop it from pooling all in one place and causing a very noticeable bruise.

Sorian

Banned
Interesting. I'm really pale and I've never gotten one.

It's almost impossible for me to get one, for an ex of mine though, I'd just kiss on her neck for a couple minutes, no biting, sucking, anything and she'd be guarenteed to have one the next day. Totally depends.

Grakl

My boyfriend barely has to do anything and I get a hickey, it's pretty embarrassing haha.

I know how to get rid of it, or atleast make it a lot less noticeable if you attend to it almost immediately, but a day or so later after the bruising has set in....
better put on some make-up or a collared shirt and tie.

but you can try this technique anyway if you want, but it might be too late for you:

step 1:
get an ice cube or a frozen spoon and place it on the hickey till the area is numb.
step 2:
take a lipstick cap or any cylindrical cap with a smooth edge and press it down on and around the area and twist and pull. this might make a popping sound if you get good suction.
do this repeatedly until it doesn't look like a hickey anymore.

repeat step 1 when the numbness wears off (step 2 kinda hurts ;))

this will break up the blood vessels at the surface and stop it from pooling all in one place and causing a very noticeable bruise.

Well that seems pretty interesting.

Toppot

I once got two overlapping a bit and it looked like Pacman.

Time gets rid of them, in my case like a week, she knew how to give big purple hickys in seconds. PS getting a hicky feels amazing, I love it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Go into the freezer and get a piece of ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom