• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I'm getting fired on Thursday.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
You should grab a lunch with him
The funny thing is, we did grab lunch a couple of weeks ago, when he first addressed my "problematic" behaviors.

I just said it had to do with personal issues outside of work and, at the time, he let me off the hook.

Unfortunately, I have too many haters on-site...
They won't stop complaining about trifling shit.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Don't start taking me seriously now ffs.
Excited Season 1 GIF by The Office

NickFire

The funny thing is, we did grab lunch a couple of weeks ago, when he first addressed my "problematic" behaviors.

I just said it had to do with personal issues outside of work and, at the time, he let me off the hook.

What are these problematic behaviors?

Are you walking around with theme music blaring and kissing the interns? Taking shoes off and having smelly feet? Eating co-worker lunches? Photocopying your butt and leaving copies in the tray? Smoking cigars during meetings (which honestly should be allowed)? Setting up meetings between colleagues and homeless people?

x1

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

We all have personal issues leave them at the door you lunch thief.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
-If Hoops is fired, mods should ban him so he can focus on looking for a new job.
-If Hoops is demoted, mods should ban him so he can focus on rebuilding his job status.
-If Hoops is promoted, mods should ban him so he can focus on his new responsibilities.
If nothing at all happens and its just a bollocking does hoops get banned for wasting GAF time?

Cyberpunkd

There's no set time, unfortunately.
I think it's whenever he gets freed up from his main responsibilities.
Ah shit, i don’t think you are getting fired. Most of the time they will put a specific time on the calendar and also invite HR to the meeting.

Can you look up your manager’s calendar? Are you using things like Google Workspace?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Yeah but your work is AAA

That should overrule all.

Just a bunch of bitches.

You're manager/HR guy should have the same approach imo
Exactly. That's what the fuck I've been trying to tell them.

But everyone is so sensitive now days.
If I try to flex, I might hurt someone's feelings. :(

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Exactly. That's what the fuck I've been trying to tell them.

But everyone is so sensitive now days.
If I try to flex, I might hurt someone's feelings. :(

It's not even flexing. It's you doing your work well at the end of the day. Who cares you take a extra 5/10 min if your work is 100%

Even Cyberpunkd Cyberpunkd who doesn't have autisme get's it ffs

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I doubt you are getting fired as if that was the plan, they'd do it right away.
I see what you're saying, robot, but this company acts differently.
I've seen one of my good friends get done in, after she was barely getting correspondence from upper management.
They could've been more direct but they let her flounder for two weeks before finally letting her go.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
"Mr Hops. Seems like you're better suited for another position because you get your shit done even with longer lunch breaks. Hereby you're promoted. Take your pick"

Hops: "do i still have access to my current fridge?"

Vampire Yes GIF by Olivia Rodrigo

bender

What time is it?
I see what you're saying, robot, but this company acts differently.
I've seen one of my good friends get done in, after she was barely getting correspondence from upper management.
They could've been more direct but they let her flounder for two weeks before finally letting her go.

My guess is that had to do with performance and not what you are going through. Even cutting through your bullshit and bravado, your job is at risk because of your behavior. If the decision were made, they'd do it first thing to prevent any potential harm you could cause.

Top Bottom