• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I'm getting fired on Thursday.

Peggies

Gold Member
German Hops German Hops

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF
my friend!You'll be fine!

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Most companies need to be thorough in their logging of the history on such issues before moving right to firing someone. These rules are in place to protect from lawsuits, obviously.
This right here.

I have seen some truly awful behavior from some coworkers over the years and it does seem to take about 6 months for security to eventually show up at their desk with a smile.

If you're getting fired you should have had at least one verbal warning and a couple of written ones.

Billbofet

Forgot to ask when your meeting is. Almost every company I have worked for does layoffs/firings on Thursdays in the afternoon.

AJUMP23

Don't be a guy that they can fire. If you are making people around you uncomfortable stop that. It isn't difficult to not steal food and say hello. I think your perception of yourself and your corker's is vastly different.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I don't understand.

You posted recent threads about you don't like anyone you work with, you don't want to fit in and and you steal food from the works fridge... and now you are concerned you may get sacked?

Sounds like you fucking hate the place and your co-workers anyway. What is the issue?

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I don't understand.

You posted recent threads about you don't like anyone you work with, you don't want to fit in and and you steal food from the works fridge... and now you are concerned you may get sacked?

Sounds like you fucking hate the place and your co-workers anyway. What is the issue?
I don't think it's a workplace problem he/she/they/them problem (not sure what OP) identifies as.

You know that old saying you come across assholes all day guess what? You're the asshole.

lifa-cobex

I don't understand.

It's a conundrum I tell you.
A complete conundrum.

Let's find out together the outcome of this tail.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I just arrived at work and am currently taking a shit. (nachos and beer from last night are killing me)

I will keep everyone updated throughout the day.
Maybe thats what they meant when they said you are absent a lot.
How often do you shit a day?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you get a pink slip, the going rate for a vet worker (in Canada at least) is one month pay per year of service. Not sure what the US or countries are like.

Top Bottom