• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How far do you think Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is?

When will Rift Apart launch?

• Holiday 2020/Launch

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Winter (1st quarter) 21

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Spring 21

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Summer 21

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Holiday 21

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • 2022 or later

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters

Vawn

Banned
Second only to Demon's Souls, this is the PS5 game I'm most excited to play. I wish this could be one of the games I take home at launch with my PS5, along with Spider-Man and Kena.

But, there's been no date revealed yet. Do you think there's a CHANCE this could still be a launch game?

Let's face it, it looked very far along. They showed more gameplay for this than any other PS5 game at the show. And they showed off a bunch of unique worlds. If I heard the game was about to gold, I honestly would not have a difficult time seeing it.

I'm hoping it comes no later than first quarter of next year, still hitting that "launch window", similar to inFamous Second Son on PS4.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Wait, that game won’t make the launch either? what is the real PS5 launch lineup?

Vawn

Banned
Wait, that game won’t make the launch either? what is the real PS5 launch lineup?

Right now we know of Spider-Man, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Godfall, Astrobot (free), Assassin's Creed Valhalla and, I guess, Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm sure EA will have sports titles ready to go and third-party stuff like that.

JimiNutz

Banned
Looks far along.
I'm not sure they would release two Insomniac games so close together though and Spider-Man is Holiday 2020. I therefore think Spring 2021 to put some time between the two releases.

Vawn

Banned
Looks far along.
I'm not sure they would release two Insomniac games so close together though and Spider-Man is Holiday 2020. I therefore think Spring 2021 to put some time between the two releases.

They're both Insomniac, but not necessarily the same audience.

Keihart

Acquiring insomniac was such a big brain move for PS, they got a lot experience working for other publishers last gen, now they have experience in VR and in working in more than 1 game at the time. Sony really needed a studio like this on the bag.

Klayzer

Acquiring insomniac was such a big brain move for PS, they got a lot experience working for other publishers last gen, now they have experience in VR and in working in more than 1 game at the time. Sony really needed a studio like this on the bag.
I think that's been the crown jewel in acquisitions so far. Obsidian being a solid number two in my opinion.

Grinchy

Banned
For some reason I thought it was confirmed to not be a launch game, but I guess that's not really confirmed.

I just assumed we'd see it as a spring 2021 or holiday 2021.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Voted Spring 2021. Specifically late March or April is my guess. Don't see it releasing at launch or close to it because that would lead to Insomniac fighting Insomniac. lmao. No reason to do that. Would have preferred Ratchet to be a launch title but if it is Spring 2021, a few more months isn't going to matter especially for me as im expecting to have 8-12 games between both consoles exclusives and multi-platform games. And who knows what early 2021 will look like. It's going to be insane!!!

hunthunt

Banned
Spiderman and Ratchet are coming in October and December, which and when is the question

Seriously though...I am a noob, and can't for the life of me, figure out how to vote on these polls. Can anyone help?

I think you need to have more posts and became a member

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
They're both Insomniac, but not necessarily the same audience.

The audience isn't that different though and it would just be unprecedented for one studio to have two games available at launch.
I suppose it's possible, just seems unlikely and also a little unwise. Better to space out your big exclusives in my opinion.

Joey.

I think there's very little chance its a launch title.
I think they'll go for a June Q2 2021 launch or a November Q4 2021 launch.

Demon's Souls Q2 2021, Ratchet & Clank Q4 2021 possibly?

Vawn

Banned
I think there's very little chance its a launch title.
I think they'll go for a June Q2 2021 launch or a November Q4 2021 launch.

Demon's Souls Q2 2021, Ratchet & Clank Q4 2021 possibly?

It looked way too far along for Q4 2021. If any game here is a holiday 21 release, I would guess Horizon Forbidden West.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’d just treat every game without a release date as being a while out, that way no disappointments happen, or you get a positive surprise. : )

That said, I’m surprised they didn’t announce it as launch. It looks really, really good, and far along, much more so than most games we see announced. I think it could be early next year, or maybe even this fall.

Vawn

Banned
I’d just treat every game without a release date as being a while out, that way no disappointments happen, or you get a positive surprise. : )

That said, I’m surprised they didn’t announce it as launch. It looks really, really good, and far along, much more so than most games we see announced. I think it could be early next year, or maybe even this fall.

True, but they really didn't mention release dates for any games shown outside of Spider-Man. But we know now that Kena: Bridge of Spirits and Godfall are launch day games.

Top Bottom