• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How I Met Your Mother Season 7 |OT| Weddings guaranteed, The Mother...not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

kevo_huevo said:
according to wiki
Ted's old flame who shows up this season is Victoria
or was this already revealed? or do i just have a bad memory
Holy FUCK that's the best news I've heard in a long time!

Binabik15

I only started watching this show earlier this year, as a guilty pleasure of sorts.

At this point I´d be content with all episodes being about hot Nora and her hot accent.

Rocket Scientist said:
Fuck this thread and everybody in this. You CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT post such huge spoilers without it being a ''Spoiler thread'' or without at least putting a huge warning saying ''Yo son, this spoiler spoils the bride''. Fuck GAF, fuck the internet, fuck everybody who doesn't have the patience to just wait for a show to come on tv and see what happens.
Dude, we don't know anything yet - it's probably a big red herring, just like everything else related to that storyline.

After all, how likely is it that Victoria came back from Germany, give up baking and became Rachel Bilsen's college roommate? How likely is it that Ted would tell his kids that he was *this* close to cheating on their mother with their Aunt Robin? How about the fact that Ted explicitly stated that the first he ever saw of the mother was her ankle?

At this point, the well is poisoned and none of it fits. Victoria coming back is the return of a fan favourite, nothing more.

big ander

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Dude, we don't know anything yet - it's probably a big red herring, just like everything else related to that storyline.

After all, how likely is it that Victoria came back from Germany, give up baking and became Rachel Bilsen's college roommate? How likely is it that Ted would tell his kids that he was *this* close to cheating on their mother with their Aunt Robin? How about the fact that Ted explicitly stated that the first he ever saw of the mother was her ankle?

At this point, the well is poisoned and none of it fits. Victoria coming back is the return of a fan favourite, nothing more.
Exactly. There are zero bride spoilers in this topic because bride spoilers do not exist.

Bloodsent

This is the kind of show that would benefit from a definitive end date. It makes it harder every year for me to watch, knowing that they are dragging out some of the original points of the (like the title) just because they keep getting renewed. I am hoping something happens to rejuvenate my enjoyment of the show this season, keeping my fingers crossed!

Deadly

Bloodsent said:
This is the kind of show that would benefit from a definitive end date. It makes it harder every year for me to watch, knowing that they are dragging out some of the original points of the (like the title) just because they keep getting renewed. I am hoping something happens to rejuvenate my enjoyment of the show this season, keeping my fingers crossed!
Apparently Season 8 will be last.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Slayven said:
Please tell me Ted dies and some dude assumes his identity.
That's exactly what happens.

Bob_saget.jpg

Tizoc

Imagine if the mother is introduced in the premiere, lol.
Looking forward to this premiere, will prob. invite my friend over and have some dinner while watching it.

Radec

Will this be like Smallville ?

Where the moment Clark Kent became "Superman", the series ends.

So when Ted met or marries the "Mother", the show ends right? right?

:D

Radec said:

Turns out that Ted never met the mother and adopted the kids.

Since I haven't seen the show the last few seasons do they still show the two kids now and then? If they haven't grown up too much I could almost see the mother walking in on them while the dad talks and the audience just goes "ahhh that's who it is".

VGChampion said:
Since I haven't seen the show the last few seasons do they still show the two kids now and then? If they haven't grown up too much I could almost see the mother walking in on them while the dad talks and the audience just goes "ahhh that's who it is".
I think they recorded the last scene with the kids around season 2, to avoid the problem you mentioned.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
As someone who started watching with the S1 DVDs before S2 aired, I am so checked out at this point. How could you not be? Each individual episode is still quality and the actors still do their best, but it's just a totally aimless show at this point.

The overall plotlines make no sense, are played with an air of inevitability ("Here are a series of life issues people go through. Check that box. And that's a big checkeroo there. Ooh, pregnancy.") and in a random order. I dunno, man, I just don't care.

Also the stupid hotel plot was the worst extended metaphor ever. Awful, just awful, even worse because it was bundled with a manic pixie dream girl plot.

Wired

Man I remember watching this when I was 7... I'm 31 now. Maybe I'm getting the numbers a bit wrong, but shit it's been going on forever.

StuBurns

Banned
It's been a double edged sword, the reason the show grabbed me was the unique framing device. It was really great, unfortunately it's also it's biggest weakness, because it's never paid off. It can also never be meaningful because we don't know the mother. What's the show going to ultimately do? "Hey, look, here's the mother, her name's Jane" or whatever, why would anyone care about that? Unless it's basically Robin, and it's not, there is nothing interesting about who the mother is.

They should have had him meet the mother a couple of seasons ago and just move forward without the son/daughter story telling. People would have been pissed for a bit, but it's nothing like the frustration the show generates at this point.

I still remember the moment that really irked me. There's one episode where he says something like "before the story of how I met your mother, is the story of how I became the man I had to be to meet her", I just wanted to write of the series with that line completely, but I'm quite invested after so long.

Shurs

We should start a list of shows in which the protagonist is the least interesting/charismatic character on the show.

I'll start:

1-How I Met Your Mother (Ted)

Guzim

StuBurns said:
I still remember the moment that really irked me. There's one episode where he says something like "before the story of how I met your mother, is the story of how I became the man I had to be to meet her", I just wanted to write of the series with that line completely, but I'm quite invested after so long.
Yeah, Ted says "Kids, there's more than one story of how I met your mother. You know the short version."

So the kids already know how Ted met their mother.

Guzim

Shurs said:
We should start a list of shows in which the protagonist is the least interesting/charismatic character on the show.

I'll start:

1-How I Met Your Mother (Ted)
We all know Lily is the worst character on the show.

StuBurns

Banned
Ted was great in season one, but his desperation has just gone on too long, and the more they root the other characters, the more he appears to be the fifth wheel. He's the redundant character in his own show. It's beyond the issues of a bland protagonist.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Radec said:

I'm convinced up until the first kid is born the show won't end. I mean, we had the whole Stella thing where they were going to get married but then she bailed. Entirely possible that he gets married and then they divorce before they have a kid. But if they do that, it'd be atleast 2 seasons which isn't possible if Segel is leaving after season 8.

Regarding
Victoria... wasn't she only gone for 2-3 years or something like that at the school in Germany? She should've came back a long ass time ago. Also, does this mean she's baking the cake for Barney's wedding? Seems like the only logical place she would come into play.

Entropia said:
I'm convinced up until the first kid is born the show won't end. I mean, we had the whole Stella thing where they were going to get married but then she bailed. Entirely possible that he gets married and then they divorce before they have a kid. But if they do that, it'd be atleast 2 seasons which isn't possible if Segel is leaving after season 8.

Regarding
Victoria... wasn't she only gone for 2-3 years or something like that at the school in Germany? She should've came back a long ass time ago. Also, does this mean she's baking the cake for Barney's wedding? Seems like the only logical place she would come into play.
I don't care how they do it, I just want them to bring her back. She was easily the best.

TehOh

The show has seen better days, but I'm still hyped.

Come on, Robin Sparkles part 4!!!!!

99788_FOX_0112b.display.jpg

Oh, and
don't forget the robot!

00002t8z

Ohwiseone

kevo_huevo said:
according to wiki
Ted's old flame who shows up this season is Victoria
or was this already revealed? or do i just have a bad memory

I still say they fucking killed that character arch.
When I read it I assumed that she was the ex, Its going to be interesting... Apart of me wishes that they could do some retroactive and bring her back for a few episodes. With this show, if they did some retroactive thing in which she was the roommate, it would not be that shocking.

"Drumroll please" is still one of my favorite episodes of any show ever.

StuBurns

Banned
Milchjon said:
Barney is the Mother.
"and in 2014, inspired by the comical mishaps of the film Junior starring former president Schwarzenegger, the world's first successful male pregnancy was delivered, and that's how I met your "mother"."

His fake daughter is hot, I imagine it's getting the point they can't actually have been born much later isn't it?

EDIT: The actress is 24, and it's in 2030, ummm.

Entropia

No One Remembers
nubbe said:
A better name for the show would be "All the chicks I and Barney did before I met your mother"

I think this has been mentioned in every season thread, but man, the wife must get pissed off at the end of the story. I mean, Ted is telling his kids about all the chicks he banged...

I started watching from Season 1 in January for the first time and I couldnt believe I was not watching the show since the beginning, it is one of the best comedies in years.

cory.

Banned
StuBurns said:
His fake daughter is hot, I imagine it's getting the point they can't actually have been born much later isn't it?
Yeah, I think she would have to be born by the end of season 8 or in season 9 (if it goes that long).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cory. said:
Yeah, I think she would have to be born by the end of season 8 or in season 9 (if it goes that long).
I'd guess she's supposed to be no more than 16 so that means Ted gets the mother pregnant some time in 2013.

StuBurns

Banned
Fuzzy said:
I brought that up in the last thread.
I'd be waiting for show to try and introduce a girl who had any real world connection to the other four, maybe a long lost sister for Robin or something, who would end up being the mom, so when I heard Barney had one I just assumed it'd be her.

EDIT:
Barney has three half-siblings: James (played by Wayne Brady), from his mother's side, a gay African American who is married with an adopted son; Carly, a university student from his father's side whom he has never met; and Jerome Jr. (JJ), from his father's side, who is 11.
A uni student, and Ted worked at a uni where his wife was? Ummm

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Entropia said:
I think this has been mentioned in every season thread, but man, the wife must get pissed off at the end of the story. I mean, Ted is telling his kids about all the chicks he banged...
Not-so-stealth brag show?

StuBurns said:
EDIT: The actress is 24, and it's in 2030, ummm.
Her character was probably supposed to be around 16 when the show started. Considering each season is set in the same year as its airing, she *should* be due in about three years.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yes, many of us have long suspected that Barney's sister will be the mother.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ohwiseone said:
"Drumroll please" is still one of my favorite episodes of any show ever.

This. That episode was structured really well, and the payoff at the end is amazing. It helps that the actress is incredibly likeable too. It's strange to think that's a high point that, emotionally at least, I don't think has ever been matched in the show, although the three minute date was fairly sweet. I'm still kind of annoyed by how that arc ended, If they return to it they better do it justice.

Looking forward to the new episodes tonight, even though this show rarely has the great highs of past seasons anymore it's still very watchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom