• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How I Met Your Mother Season 7 |OT| Weddings guaranteed, The Mother...not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Second episode was better than the first, but a lot of the things they were going for fell flat for me.

StuBurns

Banned
StuBurns said:
Ted was great in season one, but his desperation has just gone on too long, and the more they root the other characters, the more he appears to be the fifth wheel. He's the redundant character in his own show. It's beyond the issues of a bland protagonist.
Seems like I spoke too soon. I loved that the first episode head on addressed my biggest issue with the show for the last season or two with Ted really losing faith is his search for true love. I'm sure it'll go back to normal, but I was happy to see it.

I liked the first episode a lot.

EDIT: Episode 2 was great, and it's awesome to see Vicky again. Drum Roll Please was my first episode of the show, and in some ways I still think it's the best. She looks kind of rough, but I'm quite excited to see her back.

EXGN

Wow, so that first episode pretty much confirmed
Barney marries Robin
... I'm still hoping it's just a massive red herring because I really don't dig the coupling. Unfortunately, it just makes way to much sense in the context of the show :\

Pretty solid start to the season overall. Way better than the debut of Two and a Half men...

If Barney's bride turns out to be
Robin
I will be really annoyed. It's WAY too obvious from the very first episode. That's actually the reason I'm fairly confident it ISN'T her. I don't think this show has ever done anything THAT predictable.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
StuBurns said:
Seems like I spoke too soon. I loved that the first episode head on addressed my biggest issue with the show for the last season or two with Ted really losing faith is his search for true love. I'm sure it'll go back to normal, but I was happy to see it.

I liked the first episode a lot.

EDIT: Episode 2 was great, and it's awesome to see Vicky again. Drum Roll Please was my first episode of the show, and in some ways I still think it's the best. She looks kind of rough, but I'm quite excited to see her back.

That's rough? God, she was beautiful...I'm still in love with her :3

StuBurns

Banned
wenis said:
That's rough? God, she was beautiful...I'm still in love with her :3
8KeR0.jpg

?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Indeed, she has been the best woman Ted has dated the entire series... the writers (and whoever the actress will be) will have a tough time making the wife be more appealing and awesome than Victoria.

StuBurns

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Like the PS3 she looks better in motion
I don't know what that means, but fair enough. I'm not saying she isn't attractive. Maybe it was just a bad shot, made worse by a montage of her hotness at the same time.

big ander

Well. I really loved those episodes.
It could just be the yearly "himym is back and it's comfortable" thing. But I also saw plenty of great signs in there. Hell, I thought that about last year too, if I recall. So it's up in the air, but I'm confident.
A lot of the premiere was "here's where everyone is at", sure. The dance sequence stood out to me. It probably solidifies Barney/Robin. I don't much care, I thought it was always obvious and it's been what I want. This dance number was full of cheese and was probably too on the nose for a lot of people. But I thought it was so much damn fun. And then there was Ted's speech about believing. The HIMYM writers always seem very aware of how the audience views the show, and this speech was some great meta-commentary on the course of the past few seasons. They've lampshaded their problems in that way before, but they might come through this year. For the rest of the two episodes they did. In the past few seasons Ted was very willing to just chase girls, but in the rest of 701 and by the end of 702, he was looking for relationships again. I really hope they pull this off.
Episode 2 was way funnier. Not as poignant or direct, but had a ton more laughs.
Robin looks hotter this year, and her pining after Barney may have started ridiculously but it was grounded a lot with that phone call.
I'm glad Victoria's back. It's sounding like she will be pretty important after all, but you can never trust Bays and Thomas for sure.
Only unequivocally bad thing I can say about the premiere is that I hated being mocked by the writers for wanting an end date.
Once again, HIMYM seems to start off a season with a bunch of potential. I really hope it doesn't squander it again.

AV Club review (A for premiere [whoa.], B for second episode)
Mo Ryan talks HIMYM trust issues (she hates how much of a crutch the mother mystery is and how distracting it can be from the fun stuff)
Alan Sepinwall's review which has this quote I agree with:
After last season, I care more about the entertainment factor more than I do the show's mythology. If the writers think they can craft some entertaining episodes involving Victoria without jerking the audience around, more power to them. If this is part of yet another elaborate stall job, then... sigh.
Carter Bays interview on Victoria's return

I thought this tiny callback was amusing:
u9ONz.png

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Great to see Victoria back, it was actually the only girl where Ted had a greact chemistry with. I can still remember the moment he found her at the cup cake shop after the wedding and they kissed for the very first time, I really was almost cheering for them.

I hope she stays for a while and that she wears her hair like this (too bad we already know for certain taht she won't be the mother =( ):

936full-ashley-williams.

Ohwiseone

Just read the interview about Victoria coming back.

It looks as if its just one episode and not multiple, which makes me sad :(

Cwarrior

This show has become a guilty pleasures for me, but i really hate anything to do with the main character ted(hard to watch),I watch the show for barney(the others are ok).

TripOpt55

Good first two episodes. I liked the first a bit more I think but both were good. I was not expecting to see Victoria again. Should be interesting to see how this goes. There is a chance I enjoyed this more just because it was sort of the start of the new TV season, but I don't think that is what is happening. I think those were just two good episodes.

Kingsora said:
I can still remember the moment he found her at the cup cake shop after the wedding and they kissed for the very first time, I really was almost cheering for them.

That is one of my favorite moments in the series. It helps that Ashley Williams REALLY sold that "Oh thank God" line. It also helps that she's a super cutie. With nice, um, cupcakes.

While I think Ted's at his best when he's being a douche, I'm glad they're bringing him back to his hopelessly romantic roots.

Kingsora

genericsuperhero said:
That is one of my favorite moments in the series. It helps that Ashley Williams REALLY sold that "Oh thank God" line. It also helps that she's a super cutie. With nice, um, cupcakes.

While I think Ted's at his best when he's being a douche, I'm glad they're bringing him back to his hopelessly romantic roots.
Yeah I was looking for that exact moment on Youtube, but couldn't find it =(

Just this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXC7wQQk9Fw&NR=1

Stupid Ted to let a girl like that go >.<

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't Ted say he'd never see Victoria again?

I marked out when I saw Victoria. I will be upset if she's not around for a few episodes, but if she's not the mother, I can understand why she wouldn't.

I thought the two episodes were pretty solid, giving me hope for the season. (I don't know if I would've given the season premiere an A like A.V. Club, both were Bs in my opinion.)

Also giving me hope is that I haven't heard any major actress guest stars to bring down the show for multiple episodes.

Also, what was with Marshall's shirt in Vegas? It said "MARSHALL AND STEPH 4-EVER" with a heart outline. Rough road with Lily ahead or possible baby name spoiler?

Deadly

mightynine said:
I marked out when I saw Victoria. I will be upset if she's not around for a few episodes, but if she's not the mother, I can understand why she wouldn't.

I thought the two episodes were pretty solid, giving me hope for the season. (I don't know if I would've given the season premiere an A like A.V. Club, both were Bs in my opinion.)

Also giving me hope is that I haven't heard any major actress guest stars to bring down the show for multiple episodes.

Also, what was with Marshall's shirt in Vegas? It said "MARSHALL AND STEPH 4-EVER" with a heart outline. Rough road with Lily ahead or possible baby name spoiler?
I'm going to go with baby name. Seriously, if the writers break up Marshall and Lily all the viewers will go ape-shit.

Kingsora

Deadly said:
He didn't let her go. He long distance cheated on her for Robin. Like he says long distance sucks :lol If it weren't for the show being renewed she would have been the mother though.
They still could make her the mother, it's not gonna happen, but in theory it's possible. I just wonder if Ted will ever has the chemistry with a girl like he had with Victoria

Kingsora said:
They still could make her the mother, it's not gonna happen, but in theory it's possible. I just wonder if Ted will ever has the chemistry with a girl like he had with Victoria
Ted's an idiot, so no.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Deadly said:
I'm going to go with baby name. Seriously, if the writers break up Marshall and Lily all the viewers will go ape-shit.
We know they're still married in the future.

Radec

Ohwiseone said:
Seeing Victoria back made me smile.

I know she will only be there for one episode, but dammit I want her back for longer. (Maybe, the writers will be nice and have them get together for like half a season, I just want a better resolve than in Season 1)

She is still as pretty as she was back in Season 1.

Like other people have said, I really want them to do some retroactive thing and have her be the mother...but alas, The writes won't be that nice to us

wow, completely forgot that she's from season 1. I thought something like 3 or 4. and we are in season 7 now.

Xadhoom

Neo Member
Lone_Prodigy said:
If Barney marries Nora or not Robin, who does Robin end up with?
It's a long time since I saw the episode, but didn't they heavily hint that she would end up with Don, her coworker?

alba

Little is the new Big
Victoria is still my favorite, glad she's back. If it's just for one episode I'm going to raaage! :(

Lone_Prodigy said:

I hope the show ends after eight seasons. It's run its course.

Barney will not marry Robin. It was too heavily foreshadowed. I could be wrong about Victoria, but Barney will not marry Robin. I'm confident of that. Robin is gonna end up with the guy who married Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica.

Lone_Prodigy said:

I hope the show ends after eight seasons. It's run its course.

I thought BSG's Michael Trucco was joining the cast as her love interest?

I think this will happen

Barney and Tie deal is him talking about the girl, but its NOT the bride of THAT wedding.
Barney will propose to this girl after Robin's wedding
The Bride is Robin but we don't know who the husband is
Ted goes and talks to the Bride who is Robin

big ander

planar1280 said:
I think this will happen

Barney and Tie deal is him talking about the girl, but its NOT the bride of THAT wedding.
Barney will propose to this girl after Robin's wedding
The Bride is Robin but we don't know who the husband is
Ted goes and talks to the Bride who is Robin
Except it's Barney's wedding.

Kingsora

MorisUkunRasik said:
I can't think of any of Ted's love interests that were less attractive than Victoria. barney made it very clear, no fat chicks.
Yeah because she is clearly so fat...

MV5BNDQwMzQ1NzM5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzMwMDk0Ng@@._V1._SX387_SY600_.jpg

Btw I would do her every day of the week:
ashley-williams-profile.jpg

Btw I can't remember one love interest that was more attractive than Victoria.
Stella? Nope, she's a little bit old.
Robin? Nope
Zoe? Well at least not in the show, I hate her with blond hair
Karen? Ahum, no way

The only one that would make a chance is Rachen bilson, but she wasn't really a love interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom