• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many sexual partners for girls is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get 30 plus by 24 means that she had a lot of one night stands.

If we say one night stand a month, that means she couldn't have been in a long term relationship during college.

If she had at least one long term relationship in college, she had 2 one night stands a month. Add more long term relationships you start getting into the cheating territory.

Depending on how many real boyfriends she had, it sounds like bad news.
What's the problem with one night stands? Is this coming from a place of insecurity and fear that it could happen to you while you're with the person? I don't understand.

Anecdotally, the person who cheated most on me had the least amount of partners before me, and the person I knew had the most amount of partners and one night stands (excluding partners I never talked about this with) was the most faithful. There's no correlation. It's all just assholes judging people.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I'm not sure what whorish is even supposed to mean in this context.

Someone who has sex without really wanting it? don't ask me haha.
Probably just regular ol' slut shaming. Women don't like sex right guys?

What's the problem with one night stands? Is this coming from a place of insecurity and fear that it could happen to you while you're with the person? I don't understand.

I don't there is a 'problem' with it. Some people are more into that type of encounter than others. It seems fair that you want a partner that is similar to you when it comes to relationship and sexual preferences.

To me personally, one night stands (with strangers!) are much less appealing than say weekend escapade stands with someone you at least know a little bit. haha.

commedieu

Banned
Because if I'm going to sleep with them, I already trust them not to fuck with our sexual health.

Why the fuck do you have so much sense?

Yes, its like these dudes are feinging stupid. If you have a relationship, there is trust there. This includes discussing sexual history or at the very least having the "whens the last time you've had a checkup." Conversation. Insinuating that a large number, now increases the chances that you will be lied to by this person, or that you two can't have an adult conversation about being clean, is absurd.

Why are these people putting themselves in situations as to where none of the above happens? They just find out the number one day, and herpes the next. What kind of relationships are these people in? (Reads op again) Oh wait, those kind. Where the dude is judging a girl he likes because of his insecurities.

Yado

I would never knowingly have sex with a girl that's slept with 30 people. Aside from the increased potential for an STD, it's extremely whorish and disgusting IMO. Maybe I'm crazy but I having sex with 30 people seems excessive.

What if she doesn't have any STDs? I suppose you'd rather women lied to you about their number of sexual partners because there's no surefire way of you knowing the real number. Having sex does not decrease a woman's value as a person and being a virgin or a sexual novice doesn't make you better than other people.

I'm not sure what whorish is even supposed to mean in this context.

if you like a lot a sex with different people, you have the symptoms of a whore. not a full blown whore, but you are getting there.

aka whorish.

at least, that is what i think he is saying.

No one is insulting anyone for wanting to be with someone who has less partners. What being mocked is the idea that someone who has a sexual past that extends beyond the current partner is somehow less worthy to be with depending on the number of sexual encounters have been formed in that past.
What's the difference between these two? I don't see it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
alksjf;akljsfkajsfl;k

So you're never going to sleep with more than 30 people, right?

All the people I know who think like that already have, lol.

I don't think I am. You made the point that people with less partners are going to have to "enjoy the awful sex". Please spell out what I'm missing...

Out of 30 partners you may had someone helping you find what you truly like and let you discover your body.
Out of 0-3 you may not have been so lucky.

It's not only about the possible awful sex, you need to discover yourself and your sexuality.

What if the person you are dating, and had none or few sex partners, one day will wake up unsatisfied of the sex with you even if you are eager to experiment and try new stuff? What if he/she leave you to fine her sexuality?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
man, whole lot of slut shaming going on in here. I would be interested in the males that are saying X is too many, is it ok if YOU'VE had that many? or just not ok when she has had that many?

Also, a lot of you act like getting an STD/STI is the end of the world. I'm not saying don't be safe, but statistically theres probably at least several people posting in here that have HPV and HSV and they may not even know it/not have any symptoms.

I would never knowingly have sex with a girl that's slept with 30 people. Aside from the increased potential for an STD, it's extremely whorish and disgusting IMO. Maybe I'm crazy but I having sex with 30 people seems excessive.

Disgusting and whorish?

Yet most men will pat each other on the back and high five every time they get laid. Guys trade 'I got laid!' stories like pokeman cards, but girls are expected to stay chaste and virginal until marriage?

Wait, are men supposed to be having all this sex with other men? I am so confused.

"The person less likely to cheat on me is the one that hasn't explored their sexually already, probably."

man, whole lot of slut shaming going on in here. I would be interested in the males that are saying X is too many, is it ok if YOU'VE had that many? or just not ok when she has had that many?

I'm guessing it's the former. People who are still insecure with their sexuality get intimidated by people who aren't.

commedieu

Banned

Also, a lot of you act like getting an STD/STI is the end of the world. I'm not saying don't be safe, but statistically theres probably at least several people posting in here that have HPV and HSV.

A whole lot of ss'ing.. its sad. I mean assuming shes going to be diseased, yet you guys are in a relationship?? The worst part is that I'd imagine some posters consider themselves liberal in regards to women's social interactions.

Disgusting and whorish?

Yet most men will pat each other on the back and high five every time they get laid. Guys trade 'I got laid!' stories like pokeman cards, but girls are expected to stay chaste and virginal until marriage?

In all seriousness, I don't recall this really being a thing post-college. At least, with my circle of friends or guys I have interacted with.

Disgusting and whorish?

Wait, are men supposed to be having all this sex with other men? I am so confused.

There's just always going to be an underclass of undesirable women while men opine about how hey can't get laid.

Wait.

No one is insulting anyone for wanting to be with someone who has less partners. What being mocked is the idea that someone who has a sexual past that extends beyond the current partner is somehow less worthy to be with depending on the number of sexual encounters have been formed in that past.

Like Marriage worthy = little to no sexual past?

Really, that's pretty fucking insulting.

Also, believe it or not but there is a huge double standard when it comes to men and women who are sexually promiscuity. Its day to day reality and its one of the most ingrained pieces of old world logic that is still pervasive today in a lot of media and what not.

Look at teenage pregnancies for example, its almost always exclusively a teen girl problem, the guy is rarely if ever shamed in the same way.

Sorry I'm ranting. I know thats not what you meant but I felt it needed to be said.

I understand that, and realize that several posters who've made it clear they think someone should have little-to-no sexual history have done so in ignorant and borderline vulgar ways. Also good looking out on the knowledge drop.

I just don't think it's necessary to mock people who've stated how they feel respectfully. As far as the OP goes, if his friend really likes the girl, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Forearms

Out of 30 partners you may had someone helping you find what you truly like and let you discover your body.
Out of 0-3 you may not have been so lucky.

It's not only about the possible awful sex, you need to discover yourself and your sexuality.

What if the person you are dating, and had none or few sex partners, one day will wake up unsatisfied of the sex with you even if you are eager to experiment and try new stuff? What if he/she leave you to fine her sexuality?

I'd be fine with them leaving to go do whatever they wanted. This isn't a question of if someone should stay with you if they're not happy with the relationship. It's a question of how legitimate the claim is that more partners = better sex.

I'm not against people having 30+ partners, but I do have a problem with the claim that it is a requirement for two people to enjoy sex with each other.

alksjf;akljsfkajsfl;k

So you're never going to sleep with more than 30 people, right? What happens when you reach like 29, do you go, 'Oh shit, better make this one good!' for the last one?
This is the best post so far.

Like "well, I had a good run. Don't want to hit 5. It's my own fault, really. I'll play videogames for the rest of my life."

Derwind

What's the difference between these two? I don't see it.

One is just a regular old preference, "I like inexperienced [people]"

The other is arbitrarily deciding that a person is less of a person because they're sexually active.

I probably didn't express myself in the best manner.

Its subtle but there's a difference.

I understand that, and realize that several posters who've made it clear they think someone should have little-to-no sexual history have done so in ignorant and borderline vulgar ways. Also good looking out on the knowledge drop.

I just don't think it's necessary to mock people who've stated how they feel respectfully. As far as the OP goes, if his friend really likes the girl, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Yeah of course, no doubt, there is no need to attack a person because they have a preference.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
A whole lot of ss'ing.. its sad. I mean assuming shes going to be diseased, yet you guys are in a relationship?? The worst part is that I'd imagine some posters consider themselves liberal in regards to women's social interactions.

yea, its like they should wait for marriage, which is fine, but they probably don't 'believe' in marriage.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

I think we can all agree
nailontheheadgaqjd.jpg

Disgusting and whorish?

What a strawman, not a single person in here who said women shouldn't sleep around said it's ok for men to do so.

What if she doesn't have any STDs? I suppose you'd rather women lied to you about their number of sexual partners because there's no surefire way of you knowing the real number. Having sex does not decrease a woman's value as a person and being a virgin or a sexual novice doesn't make you better than other people.

Jesus dude, relax. I'd say the same thing about a guy. My best friend used to be an extreme man whore and I gave him shit about it all the time. He stopped when some girl gave him an STD. Also you can be a good person but also be a whore.

Jesus dude, relax. I'd say the same thing about a guy. My best friend used to be an extreme man whore and I gave him shit about it all the time. He stopped when some girl gave him an STD. Also you can be a good person but also be a whore.

Or they're not a whore at all, you're just incredibly judgmental.

akira28

If a girl is 18 is 6 too many?

Cause one chick I know falls under this category.

hint: unless she loses 20HP with every orgasm she has...or she has a very very small bed...there is no "too many". forget what you learned at the lunch table.

Meatfist

If a girl doesn't have a history of cheating in relationships or collecting STD's, then she's a-ok in my book. More partners means more experienced, anyways!

Amory

People who want their SO to have a low number of sexual partners, have fun with the awful sex.

"It doesn't matter how many people you have sex with unless that number is low, in that case LOL ENJOY TEH BAD SEX"

Everyone has different things that they like. Assuming both people are open to trying new things and learning what their partner likes, there's no reason why someone who's had sex with less people would catch on significantly slower than someone who's had more partners.

There's a learning curve regardless. And you come off as a hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom