• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How will Kingdom Hearts 3 be marketed considering most fans are in there 20s?

Sou Da

Do kids like anime these days? Is there a Pokemon/Yugioh/Naruto equivalent?

Seems like every other show is using an art style similar to Adventure Time and Regular Show.

Teens do, not sure where they're getting exposed to it but Pokemon is still around.

I hope they wouldn't worry about it, because anyone who's already a fan probably won't really need a change in marketing to want the game.

Deft Beck

It will do fine with both kids and older KH fans.

Frozen has a 99% chance of being in the game, which will draw kids in regardless of how good the rest of the game is.

Disney does very well in adult age brackets because of how they've marketed their properties for the span of most people's entire lives. The fangirls did not disappear, either.

Sesha

Show Darth Vader fighting Iron Man fighting Elsa fighting Cloud. They'll earn a billion dollars day one.

Steroyd

Do what Disney do and market their shit to everyone, RPG fans are in it for the FF characters, kids are in it for the Disney it just needs to be good for the word of mouth to spread to further demographs beyond that.

addik

Might aswell add this here to help

https://youtu.be/jzyfrg6Ufb8

Man, that announcement came out of nowhere and the reactions (online and on the conference site itself), is always epic. What a great surprise. I love how the girl in the corner is just basically crying lol

Anyway, how did the KH collections do? I always thought they did well. I remembered BBS charting on NPD on release month as well despite being on a single (dying, at that time) platform. With those considered, KH3 shouldn't have any problems. What they should do is attract new, younger fans.

Soriku

Do what Disney do and market their shit to everyone, RPG fans are in it for the FF characters, kids are in it for the Disney it just needs to be good for the word of mouth to spread to further demographs beyond that.

No way RPG fans are in it for FF characters anymore. FF characters have been getting shafted for a long time.

Bixlow

Neo Member
They'll need to put Frozen on the box (Front & Back), as well as having it in every trailer/commercial. We already know it's going to be in there.

Yep, all you need is Frozen, Brave, or any of the other recently released Disney movies in there and your golden. Honestly Disney characters are known for being timeless some of my younger relatives know and love movies like Beauty and the Beast and even Bambi which were shown way before they were born.

Auctopus

- disney is timeless/ageless
- it's the next gen entry

That's about it. The only thing that might turn me away is a Star Wars or Marvel inclusion.

bobawesome

If they're still into Kingdom Hearts at that age, chances are they're as insufferable as they were when they were kids and need no additional prodding to pick up the game.

Young kids will flock to it because kids like badly styled anime things.

Ghazi

You don't think young kids will love it? It'll might even be marketed before Disney movies, at some point, as well.

Alo0oy

Banned

thats-good.gif

Illucio

Banned
Square is probably hoping that new fans have played the 1.5/2.5 Remix, and will probably continue marketing using Disney's help and marketing it towards people who like Disney and or has played a Kingdom Hearts game before.

The people in their 20s/30s who like it are already paying attention and will buy it regardless. They can sucker in kids and parents just by showing disney characters. Teens might be too cool for disney and too young to care about S-E characters.

The people in their 20s/30s who like it are already paying attention and will buy it regardless. They can sucker in kids and parents just by showing disney characters. Teens might be too cool for disney and too young to care about S-E characters.

Most of the people i saw in the KH3 reaction video's looked like teenagers to me.

chozen

I don't think the younger generation of kids will know what this is so they won't buy it. Maybe some do but I don't think it will attract as much attention. Which I find sad, I know many people out there would really enjoy the game if they knew about it and gave it a chance. So many sales to be had...

Steroyd

No way RPG fans are in it for FF characters anymore. FF characters have been getting shafted for a long time.

If that were true, This thread wouldn't be a thing, that thread wouldn't have poured salt into the wound, it wouldn't keep getting bumped every couple of fucking months just to RE-POUR THE FUCKING SALT IN THE WOUND.

Calm Steroyd, calm.

Odah

Banned
As someone who hasn't seen Frozen, only the song on YT which I found pretty annoying...

what's the appeal for that movie? why do so many people like it

Neoxon

- Nostalgia
- Pixar
- Frozen
- Marvel MCU Characters
- Star Wars

There, Kingdom Hearts 3 will now break the bank.

Kilvas

For marketing? Trailers showing Sora and the gang in Stars Wars/Frozen/Pixar would be a good start. I've never seen any kids/teenagers wanting Kingdom Hearts, but making Sora a Disney Infinite character would help. I've seen practically everyone buying those.

HeelPower

For me,its good enough that it was ever announced.

After last gen,I had almost given up on the franchise for good and thought it was doomed to small productions on dated handheld tech.

Mandoric

Banned
I am just playing KH1 and man this game is way too difficult for kids age 6-8. There is no need to market KH3 to that demographic because the game is obviously not for that demographic.

Look at the difficulty tuning of what kids 6-8, and especially 8-13, actually play. Even the trashiest mobile trash is dialed in notably tighter than AAA "Normal", and in titles like Minecraft single misclicks can cost you hours or days of work.

The console gamer conceit of "I've been doing this forever, so I must be qualitatively better than people that haven't" is hilariously false on a scale with suggesting that the 55-year-old who still hasn't quite given up on your company's softball league would wax the floor with the MLB rookie of the year.

RK128

The new world will help pull in the younger crowd, as more likely worlds for KH 3 could be the following;
-Big Hero 6 (to have the Marvel side of Disney covered)
-Tangled, Frozen and Princes & The Frog (to cover the younger fans of Disney and represent more recent films)
-Wreck-It Ralph (to cover the gamer demographic or older kids)
-Star Wars Episode IV (to cover all demographic's; older fans who grew up with Star Wars, newer fans of the upcoming film, and younger fans who loved the Star Wars cartoons)

That should cover all the bases for Disney :). That alongside bringing back two or four worlds from past games (PoTC for the second/third movie, Lion King for the second film, Fantasa to represent the original film, and Olympus Colusem to cover exploring Mount Olympus, something never done in prior games in the series) and new worlds based on older Disney films (Treasure Planet, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Emperors New Grove, Rescuers Down Under, Sword and The Stone, Pocahontas) and you have a killer set of worlds for KH3 :D.

yencid

Two new licenses and may lose rights in 2 or so years (Marvel). Too expensive.

wait how would they lose the rights to them if marvel is owned by Disney?

Anyways out of the new properties i think star wars is the one thats going to be left for summons and such.
i would completely love a star wars world though, Specially if they play up the darkness vs light and heart aspects of the force.

Out of the new properties to me big hero 6 seems to be the one level where in my mind i can instantly see it in a kingdom hearts style, frozen and others would be cool too.

It's KH3... the big battle between Sora and Xehanort, Roxas/Xion/Ventus probably coming back etc etc

and i guess they can put a popular disney chatacter in the cover or something lol

Considering the events that will happen on KH3 as the big finale, you can have a couple of amazing trailers (in the vibe of BBS spoilerish CG-video), more "mature" and such. And well, appealing to kids you can have frozen and the vast majority of disney worlds...

Top Bottom