• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Howard Stern Birthday Bash 1-31 : Listen 4 free online :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

statham

EDIT: ON NOW, free for anyone to listen too.

howardbday_fb_630x354_110413.jpg

Preshow starts @ 4:00 ET
Main Event 6:00 ET

HOWARD STERN BIRTHDAY BASH
After months of anticipation, the day has arrived, and listeners are in for a huge treat, as the Howard Stern Birthday Bash gets underway Friday evening. Howard's friend and talk show host Jimmy Kimmel set to host the evening, which includes performances by Steven Tyler, John Fogerty and Jon Bon Jovi, just to name a few. Longtime Stern Show friends Joan Rivers, Train, Louis C.K and David Letterman also set to take part in the night's festivities.
Stern superfans, SiriusXM subscribers, and also non-subscribers can listen to the once in a lifetime event for free through the stream at siriusxm.com/howard starting Friday. Howard 100 News will have up-to-the-minute news updates throughout the entire weekend, bringing you all the behind-the-scenes coverage of the Birthday Bash, from sound checks and rehearsals, to backstage, to spectacular moments with the wack packers made famous on the Stern Show.
stream
http://blog.siriusxm.com/2014/01/31/howard-stern-birthday-bash-live-and-free-starting-this-evening/
faqs
http://blog.siriusxm.com/2014/01/31/howard-stern-birthday-bash-free-stream-faqs/
other streaming options
http://blog.siriusxm.com/2014/01/22...sh-answers-to-your-questions-about-streaming/

ToxicAdam

Hehe. Back when I was a listener, Howard put an end to these because he hated doing them. Wonder what changed his mind?

dem

Hehe. Back when I was a listener, Howard put an end to these because he hated doing them. Wonder what changed his mind?

Beth%2BOstrosky%2BStern%2BBadgley%2BMischka%2BBackstage%2Bna-oR6j3H8_l.jpg

I love Howard... but he has become what he made fun of Imus for.

Old Howard hated leaving the house... locked himself in his basement office and beat off all day.
New Howard makes friends with movie stars and money men to please his young wife.

I related to old Howard.

Camwi

It's his 60th birthday and from what I've gathered, Robin was really pushing for this.

Beth%2BOstrosky%2BStern%2BBadgley%2BMischka%2BBackstage%2Bna-oR6j3H8_l.jpg

I love Howard... but he has become what he made fun of Imus for.

Old Howard hated leaving the house... locked himself in his basement office and beat off all day.
New Howard makes friends with movie stars and money men to please his young wife.

I related to old Howard.

He still hates leaving the house and rarely hangs out with anyone.

Camp Lo

Banned
Hey now! I would listen but I don't like any of the musical performances and I'm sick of him spending segments talking about how epic this shit is supposed to be.

Hey now! I would listen but I don't like any of the musical performances and I'm sick of him spending segments talking about how epic this shit is supposed to be.

I've listened to every show for the last couple years up until this week.

So fucking tired of the birthday show rigged games and begging for NSAL donation bullshit.

I think I am officially done with the show.

Jag

Howard's had some amazingly great and intimate live music on his show. I wish he would release some of it.

Enzom21

But he still likes to talk about his celebrity friends.

Some of those celebrities are people he used to make fun of.

I remember when he used to goof on Tyra Banks but once his trophy wife met her that stopped.

He has become everything he used to goof on. The Hampton Howie hour when he has his wife on. The NorthShore Animal league calendar charity. And of course, America's Got Talent.

I miss 90's Howard.

Camp Lo

Banned
I've listened to every show for the last couple years up until this week.

So fucking tired of the birthday show rigged games and begging for NSAL donation bullshit.

I think I am officially done with the show.

I've definitely dialed back my listening but I can't officially let go. I don't support anything he does that's apart from the show, including that GODAWFUL AGT, NSAL, and whatever hobby he's promoting.

If the Wrap-Up Show were more than 30 minutes, I'd probably just listen to that.

What about all the epic unannounced performers?

It will probably be more 'Deep Tracks' artists. I have mad respect for Stern but for him to spend the little amount of time he has on air promoting bullshit just wipes the shine off his legacy. He needs to quit at the next contract signing.

Stern fans are the angriest people lol. Been listening since 1992 im still on the bandwagon!!
So true. That's why I typically avoid threads that have "Howard Stern" in the topic title, as each response is more ridiculous than the last.

It's a free show. With lots of great guests. It should be good.

JABEE

Will there be a video feed? Is there any chance he uses this event to announce a new video streaming service like WWE?

xclaw

I imagine there will be a video put together after the fact. No way they won't try capitalize on that.

Van Owen

Banned
I imagine there will be a video put together after the fact. No way they won't try capitalize on that.

Who knows. The entire On Demand staff was laid off and said they aren't working on anything for Howard. If they were going to record it they would have to hire an outside company, and if Howard was thinking of doing some kind of video element with his show in the future you think he would have kept his old video producers and directors around.

Who knows. The entire On Demand staff was laid off and said they aren't working on anything for Howard. If they were going to record it they would have to hire an outside company, and if Howard was thinking of doing some kind of video element with his show in the future you think he would have kept his old video producers and directors around.

haven't listen to the show for the last few years, the on demand staff got fired? depace gone?

Ugh, I am so torn.

I loved THSS for so long, but I can't deny that the current show is a shell of its former self :(

I caved in and started listening to the stream but I don't think I can make it through the thick film of bullshit.

Camp Lo

Banned
Ugh, I am so torn.

I loved THSS for so long, but I can't deny that the current show is a shell of its former self :(

I caved in and started listening to the stream but I don't think I can make it through the thick film of bullshit.
If you guys are gonna give it a shot, I'll listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom