• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i got rid of my wii and it only cost me $40

Status
Not open for further replies.
.hacked said:
Yeah the PS2 in japan for $6

Last time I checked gems like Imagine: Party Babyz and Monkey Mischief were selling for $40 each!
Do you need to buy them, why do you even bother?

Wii's game library would be an embarrassment for failed past gen console, like the 3D0 or Atari Jag, let alone what is supposed to be the most popular console in the world right now.

Nintendo is a shadow of it's former self, you Wii owners should be ashamed for what you have let them do.
I'm not a Wii owner.

Everyone has it's own opinion and if someone has fun with the Wii, why not?

Don't act like a kid.

Threi

notag
swerve said:
The single best thing a Wii sympathiser can do for themselves with a thread like this is ignore it.

No Wiis or Nintendos were harmed in the making of this thread.

Focus your attention on enjoying things you enjoy and sharing that joy with others. Not defending something to people who don't like that something.
It would be easier if this wasn't freaking videogaming.

SHIT THAT LITTLE KIDS PLAY YOU THINK SHOULD BE TAKEN FROM THEM AND MADE FOR YOU EXCLUSIVELY.

I mean seriously what the hell?

I am a gamer and i know how it feels to have your form of entertainment belittled to something as trivial as kid's toys and manchildren, but you "gamers" really do nothing to disprove the stereotype. A female editor leaves 1up because she wants to focus on casual gaming and you people gang up on her as if she beat up your child.

If i had to choose between future videogaming with soccer moms and videogaming with nothing but people like those that populate these forums i would choose the soccer moms in a heartbeat.

jrricky

Banned
.hacked said:
wiishit194.png

This is why the Wii is a shit system.
Star Wars and Tales comes out the same day? And next week too. :O I thought they were on the 18th. I dont have any money. :/

CTLance

RadioHeadAche said:
What an adorable cartoon!
Someone could use the info provided in the gif and track down where it came from... I'm too lazy right now. I think there was a bunch of other Kirby related "minimovies".

Did we have a meltdown yet?
2cdfts.gif

Why oh why couldn't this have stayed a joke thread. :(

Volcynika

Threi said:
It would be easier if this wasn't freaking videogaming.

SHIT THAT LITTLE KIDS PLAY YOU THINK SHOULD BE TAKEN FROM THEM AND MADE FOR YOU EXCLUSIVELY.

I mean seriously what the hell?

I am a gamer and i know how it feels to have your form of entertainment belittled to something as trivial as kid's toys and manchildren, but you "gamers" really do nothing to disprove the stereotype. A female editor leaves 1up because she wants to focus on casual gaming and you people gang up on her as if she beat up your child.

If i had to choose between future videogaming with soccer moms and videogaming with nothing but people like those that populate these forums i would choose the soccer moms in a heartbeat.

I'm Volcynika and I approve of this post.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
hey has this thread gotten a list of Wii games? it's not complete without one.

THE GAMES I HAVE

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Zack & Wiki
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Ghost Squad
Strong Bad episodes 1 through 3 (WiiWare)

THE GAMES I WANT THAT ARE ALREADY OUT

Sonic and the Secret Rings
No More Heroes
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Nerf N-Strike
de Blob
Sam & Max

THE GAMES I WANT THAT AREN'T OUT YET

Tales of Symphonia 2
House of the Dead Overkill
Mad World
The Conduit
No More Heroes 2
Sin & Punishment 2

OTHER GAMES I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT BUT OTHER PEOPLE APPARENTLY LIKE

Red Steel
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Kart Wii
Super Paper Mario
Boom Blox
Trauma Center
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Wii Fit
Animal Crossing
Sonic Unleashed
Monster Hunters 3
Punch Out
Imagine Horsez

Threi said:
Appeal to more than one demographic? That is something to be proud of. Not everyone believes that the industry should be kept in a rut where only middle-aged manchildren who don't want to grow up populate it. I don't sneer when I see shovelware on the shelves. This hobby is better suited to kids, and how you people populate it with your undeserved sense of entitlement still baffles me.

When I was a younger PC-pimping shooter-playing elitist I thought that the industry had to cater to my tastes. I have grown up since then and I realize that even though the stuff doesn't appeal to me it is essential for industry growth. I suggest some of you grow up as well. The industry doesn't revolve around your tastes. If you don't like it, either stay in your degrading niche, shut the hell up, or find a new hobby.

I suggest a hobby that isn't directly associated to kids, so you won't have to feel threatened that big name companies are catering to you and your younger sister. Try mixed-martial arts or sports, something manly.
This

Danthrax said:

Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Boom Blox
Trauma Center
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Monster Hunters 3
Punch Out

what

Danthrax said:
hey has this thread gotten a list of Wii games? it's not complete without one.

THE GAMES I HAVE

THE GAMES I WANT THAT ARE ALREADY OUT

THE GAMES I WANT THAT AREN'T OUT YET

It saddens me how many people leave out Metroid Prime 3 from lists like these. One of the best games of last year.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
EmCeeGramr said:

yes?

Super Mario Galaxy - i dont care about Mario
Mario Kart Wii - i've played this game three times on three other systems
Boom Blox - meh, just not interested
Trauma Center - i fear there's a level where i gotta operate on a heart; i'll never be able to pass it
Geometry Wars Galaxies - already played predecessor on XBLA, good enough
Monster Hunters 3 - never played an MH game
Punch Out - ok, i'm mildly interested in this, but i don't spooge over remakes of old NES games because i owned a superior SEGA GENESIS

Crescendo170 said:
It saddens me how many people leave out Metroid Prime 3 from lists like these. One of the best games of last year.

ohhh I knew I forgot one. thanks.

.hacked said:
Nintendo is a shadow of it's former self, you Wii owners should be ashamed for what you have let them do.

Maybe if you had bought some games for Gamecube and less xbox ones......:lol
If anything, its third party and players fault.....for their lack of interest on Nintendo stuff in the past.

Danthrax said:
yes?

Mario Kart Wii - i've played this game three times on three other systems

you mean like played most of the same games on other systems too? like halo, i've played that game on xbox, and there was a new version last year....but i didnt bother because IT WAS THE SAME GAME.....:lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Bluemercury said:
Maybe if you had bought some games for Gamecube and less xbox ones......:lol
If anything, its third party and players fault.....for their lack of interest on Nintendo stuff in the past.

In sum, if we had all bought Geist, gaming would not be dying today.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Bluemercury said:
you mean like played most of the same games on other systems too? like halo, i've played that game on xbox, and there was a new version last year....but i didnt bother because IT WAS THE SAME GAME.....:lol

yeah because a few new tracks is the same as an entirely new campaign for an FPS game

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Bluemercury said:
i bet you bought all 3d sonic games so geist is probably better than most of them....

NOOO i totally skipped out on Heroes and Shadow. but i did rent Heroes. and Geist is actually a pretty good game until you get to the impossible-to-get-past part toward the end of the game with the burning helicopter on the roof and the ghosts that push you into the fire and shoot machine guns at you. i literally threw the disc i was so mad at that shit.

Danthrax said:
yeah because a few new tracks is the same as an entirely new campaign for an FPS game

You shoot things they try to move......call me when they make a decent original fps game, not the same thing with a new coat of paint.......

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Bluemercury said:
You shoot things they try to move......call me when they make a decent original fps game, not the same thing with a new coat of paint.......

you hold A, you drive around a track a bunch of times until the game says you're done. bam, you win -- oh wait, no, you got hit with a blue shell right before the finish line, tough luck. call me when they come up with a racing game that isn't so predictable

Danthrax said:
you hold A, you drive around a track a bunch of times until the game says you're done. bam, you win -- oh wait, no, you got hit with a blue shell right before the finish line, tough luck. call me when they come up with a racing game that isn't so predictable

you do know you just prove my point.....since im not actually defending mario kart for its originality....its the same game....but your reason for dimiss it is just stupid, might as well post the same reason for not liking Galaxy....

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Bluemercury said:
you do know you just prove my point.....since im not actually defending mario kart for its originality....its the same game....but your reason for dimiss it is just stupid, might as well post the same reason for not liking Galaxy....

well yeah, with Mario you just press A to jump and make sure he's jumping onto a platform and not into a death hole. eventually you get to jump into a star, or a shine, or whatever. rinse and repeat.

Danthrax said:
well yeah, with Mario you just press A to jump and make sure he's jumping onto a platform and not into a death hole. eventually you get to jump into a star, or a shine, or whatever. rinse and repeat.

You forgot the killing turtles part. And save the princess, that's always nice.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Death_Born said:
You forgot the killing turtles part. And save the princess, that's always nice.

yeah, but saving the princess is so ancillary. it's all about obtaining stars, which just so happens to lead to saving a princess. the princess is a macguffin, really.

i'll concede your point on killing turtles -- that IS a twist in the gameplay, to some extent.

Fredescu

Bluemercury said:
Portal? Mirrors Edge? Not strictly FPS, but asking an FPS game not to be about shooting moving targets in 3D space is as stupid as asking a platformer not to be about jumping.

gtj1092

N-fans complaining about trolling and mod bias?:lol

You know what is going to prevent people taking games seriously; grown men who pledge allegiance to a console manufacturer and are willing to sacrifice them selves for her honor.

Fredescu said:
Portal? Mirrors Edge? Not strictly FPS, but asking an FPS game not to be shooting moving targets in 3D space is as stupid as asking a platformer not to be about jumping.

Portal is not really an FPS and its an excellent game. Mirrors Edge looks like it will show epic the full spectrum of colors at the very least

swerve

gtj1092 said:
You know what is going to prevent people taking games seriously; grown men who pledge allegiance to a console manufacturer and are willing to sacrifice them selves for her honor.

Nintendo is a pretty big software developer. The other guys are primarily hardware, no? I think you're confused.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Bluemercury said:
Portal is not really an FPS and its an excellent game. Mirrors Edge looks like it will show epic the full spectrum of colors at the very least

hey hey hey you're having a discussion with ME about MARIO. ignore that other guy.

Fredescu

Bluemercury said:
What do you want then? All the best shooters do things a bit differently, from gameplay changes to differences in progression. Nothing revolutionary, but at this point "revolutionising" the FPS genre would just create another genre. If you don't like FPS, that's fine, but the good ones are a lot more than just a new coat of paint.

Danthrax said:
hey hey hey you're having a discussion with ME about MARIO. ignore that other guy.
Mario is great.

stuminus3

Outstanding work by the OP in creating an obvious joke thread destined to morph into a hilarious meltdown. Well played, sir. Well played.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
stuminus3 said:
Outstanding work by the OP in creating an obvious joke thread destined to morph into a hilarious meltdown. Well played, sir. Well played.
Thread did deliver.

Fredescu said:
What do you want then? All the best shooters do things a bit differently, from gameplay changes to differences in progression. Nothing revolutionary, but at this point "revolutionising" the FPS genre would just create another genre. If you don't like FPS, that's fine, but the good ones are a lot more than just a new coat of paint.

Mario is great.

Im just a bit tired of those experiences, they feel so "been there done that". Anyway right now i need to finish fallout 2...so i can see if bethesda did the series justice...:p

Im just a bit tired of those experiences, they feel so "been there done that". Anyway right now i need to finish fallout 2...so i can see if bethesda did the series justice...:p

Strangely enough, the main Nintendo games follow similar formulas but they all are good DUE to that. Nintendo manages to give you variations that keep your interest while giving you the tried and true characters/theme. For example - if they had made Super Mario Galaxy the same as Super Mario 64, it would have been boring. If they made Twilig-- wait never mind, but I thought it was great because I didn't play all the olde Zelda games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom