• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a fever, and the only prescription is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
More Dr. Pepper.

thalia001.jpg

Am I the only one who drinks very carbonated drinks when having a fever and/or a sore throat? I find that it really helps the sore throat feel much, much better. And usually when I have fevers, I get lightheaded and carbonated drinks like Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi etc. kinda' help me out there.

bjork

I drink them normally, so carbonation doesn't do much for me. Sore throat usually = orange juice or sunny D for me.

B'z-chan

Banned
Good sodas for when you have a cold, fever, sore throat, and stomach ache:
Classic Coke, Sprite, 7-up

Bad sodas:

Pepsi, Mountain dew, Dr Pepper

At least in my research.

AlphaSnake

bishoptl said:
If there had been a picture of a cowbell in this thread.......bannage galore.

But instead I delivered teh hotness. Nevertheless...

thumb_more_cowbell.gif

=D

blackwind

Will NOT use his faux signature to promote random shit
Mr.Pibb rocks. (period)

It's seriously the only soda that I can stand.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
no, I think it's pretty common. My parents always gave me sprite when I was sick. The carbonation helps soothe my throat and calm my stomach.

AlphaSnake

Gene Frenkle: Can I just say one thing?

Bruce Dickinson: Say it, baby. Say it.

Gene Frenkle: I'm standing here, staring at Bruce Dickinson!

Bruce Dickinson: The cock of the walk, baby!

Gene Frenkle: And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!

Bruce Dickinson: Say it, baby!

Gene Frenkle: And, Bobby, you are right - I am being selfish. But the last time I checked, we don't have a whole lot of songs that feature the cowbell.

Bruce Dickinson: I gotta have more cowbell, baby!

Gene Frenkle: ..and I'll be doing myself a disservice -- [begins to slightly laugh. Jimmy Fallon turns away and bites down on his drumstick to keep from laughing] -- and every member in this band, if I don't perform the hell out of this.

Bruce Dickinson: Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

:lol :lol Christopher Walken is the best SNL host ever.

AlphaSnake

The research is pretty interesting. But I'm not in withdrawl. I genuinely am sick, I think I got the bug from my mother who was also sick. And I've gone days without drinking coffee (I usually drink about 3/4 of a mug every morning) and no problems here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom