• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Think Death Stranding is a Fake Game.

De athst anding

Dyslexic German with a Jamaican accent game. Translate to "The often ending"

I dunno. I reckon it is smoke and mirrors in a way. A big surprise reveal is in store, for sure.

Fbh

You are all wrong, it will release and will be a meh open world exploration game.... until update 13.7.19 in 2 years. Then Ps4/5 owners will suddenly turn on the console to see a completely new logo and name on their home screen "MGSVI: The stranding of death". Upon launching they'll just continue playing from their last death stranding save game for about 5 minutes, then suddenly the screen turns black and we see Snake waking up from a dream.

That's right, it was all leading up to MGSVI which is a completely new game with new celebrities.
With Sean Connery as super old Snake
Clint Eastwood as super old Ocelot
And Betty White as the return of The Boss

MilkyJoe

It looks nothing like previous MGS games though?

Considering how deliberate he's been with his previous work (even down to little things like dates he releases things on) I don't think there's much basis upon which to say he's just haphazardly thrown this all together over the last 2-3 years.

It's another 3rd person shooter that look's a lot like MGS movemnt to me.

I said I don't think he knew what he was going to make when he created the original trailers. I certainly wasn't expenting this

Death Stranding is how the monstrosities in silent hill connect to the real world. I'm convinced now. I just watched the two hour analysis I posted earlier. If you guys have some time check that out. VERY interesting.

Keihart

6P4T71o.jpg
I see that you also go to class.
aaaand rocket ship 8=========D

Wait, why has nobody mentioned the mech game suspected to have ties to Kojima? The animations do look too good for an indie game.

Those don't look like Yoji Shinkawa's designs so i doubt it's been touched by the same studio.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i don't understand what you do in the "real" game if this is a fake game. so you don't traverse apocalyptic landscapes? you don't sneak past shadowy extra dimensional bad guys? you don't ride a motorcycle and you don't deliver things across the USA? you don't shoot at the army guys, and none of the tanks full of guts and zombie armies, none of that is in the "real game"? none of that is in the "real" game then what the heck is the "real" game?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I think he had no idea what he was going to make when he released those fucked up teasers and so he made what looks like a MGS clone, so far.

I think P.T. was a misdirect inside of a misdirect and Silent Hills was always going to be set in an open-world much less urban than previous games. Rain and Fog would announce the arrival of the lovecraftian monsters because its just more amenable to that sort of environment than the traditional paint-peeling type of effect used in older SH games.

Essentially the "other world" manifestations are now accompanied by things aging, as opposed to decaying, but that's hardly a great leap. Does this not seem oddly similar? Especially with all the other SH tropey stuff being brought in, like Lindsay Wagner's mystery-woman (looking like she used to look in her mid-70's bionic woman heyday, no less) being used as McGuffin?

I think when he left Konami he took the bones of this concept and merged it with this strand-game concept and its timely political message. Boom. Death Stranding.

I mean honestly, why reserve all the clear looks at the monsters exclusively for the Japanese trailers?

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
a feeling this conspiracy by system wars veteran or just hoax i still dont know...even i dont know what is death stranding is a game or just isnt game?

GHG

Gold Member
Do you guys remember when we all thought that this weird scientist trying to do a head transplant was really just viral marketing for MGSV? I wanted to believe that one so bad.

5fd9d2c6-6d63-4dd3-b2c7-5d7f13580222.jpg

The design of the face transplant Doctor in MGS was too similar for it to be a coincidence.

Is it supposed to be a “meta” thing that OP’s thread title itself doesn’t exactly match the contents of their post, or was that just a coincidence? A more accurate title would’ve been “I think Death Stranding will significantly differ from what we’ve seen so far.”

That would be awesome if true OP! At the very least, it seems plausible that some major aspects of the game still haven't been revealed.

Reallink

I mean he has used a fake main character, 2 fake studios, and a fake demo so the odds of this actually being a 15-20 hour postal service walking simulator are slim to none. That said, I think this is definitely part of the game, but it's probably an MGS2 style Tanker prologue kinda thing.

Last edited:

Terenty

Everybody so desperately wants this delivery aspect of the game to be fake or just be the first few hours... My question is: what do you want the real thing to be exactly?

Last edited:

Reallink

Everybody so desperately wants this delivery aspect of the game to be fake or just be the first few hours... My question is: what do you want the real thing to be exactly?

I would actually want it to be a horror game taking place in "the other side" using all the ideas he had for Silent Hills, but if I had to guess what it actually is, I'd again say the majority of the game probably takes place in "the other side" and is an open world action/stealth game like MGSV.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Game comes across as authentic, not saying it will be perfect but it's kind of an insult calling this GOTY contender fake.

Alebrije

Death Stranding is basically MGS + Silent Hill. Its clearly a Survival Tactical Action Horrror game.

My bet : Silent Hill T.P. will be recreated in Death Standing somehow on a principal or side mission.

Sam is Snake .....you will see.

Last edited:

Terenty

I would actually want it to be a horror game taking place in "the other side" using all the ideas he had for Silent Hills, but if I had to guess what it actually is, I'd again say the majority of the game probably takes place in "the other side" and is an open world action/stealth game like MGSV.

But deliveriy simulator with indepth traversal mechanics is actually something new in the industry. Why would you think the game will turn out to be an Mgs clone if Kojima specifically said its not a shooter or stealth? I dont follow the logic

Last edited:
Fake new, fake boobs, fake games, who and what can I believe now?
Are you telling me a 6 minute gameplay video consisting of a man walking in an empty world, interrupted by a talking hologram for a bit, followed by more walking in an empty world, looks like a fake game?
It's a fake game, but a real hiking simulator, perfect for when you don't have time to go outside, or if you get hurt!

I wish he had finished PT.

Reallink

But deliveriy simulator with indepth traversal mechanics is actually something new in the industry. Why would you think the game will turn out to be an Mgs clone if Kojima specifically said its not a shooter or stealth? I dont follow the logic

Did I not adequately establish how much of what "Kojima says" is a misdirection?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Did I not adequately establish how much of what "Kojima says" is a misdirection?
i mean you said "fake" a bunch of times, but every time, there was a product behind those games, and not that dissimilar from the "misdirection". P.T. wasn't a "fake demo" (whatever that means), it was an actual demo for a game series that got cancelled. Raiden may have been a secret protagonist, but his gameplay was pretty much exactly the same as Snake's. the "fake studio" in P.T. was just a zipcode reference to Silent Hills. Moby Dick Studios, all that stuff is in the final game, Ahab, Ishmael, the whale, etc. it's not like he has ever revealed an entirely secret game that was being made. MGS2 is the closest, and it was just a twist on the MGS formula. feel like some are taking the "Kojima is a liar" thing too far.

Last edited:

Barakov

I had my doubts about it for awhile but at this point Death Stranding is definitely a videogame. Now whether it'll be a good game or not is a whole other topic entirely.

Do people still think this game is coming out this year ?
Oh it's coming. Already has a release date. Unless something catastrophic happens before it goes gold then there will be people playing it in November.

spawn

I think what you're seeing is in the actual game, but Kojima might just be showing the most boring parts and not the exciting action sequences that people expect to see

Mikey Jr.

I still dont know what to make of this game.

In my mind, I think I know what you do.

You have to travel from point A to point B carrying some important item.

To get to point B, you need to supply yourself. So food, water, extra clothes, equipment such as ladders and rope, etc.
But these things cost money and encumber you. So more shit you pack, the more food and water you need, and the more you have to rest, etc.

You can also go super light just carrying the absolute bare essentials, but if you get fucked along the way, like your shoes get damaged, you'll walk slower, and consume more food and water, and if you run out, you die.

Also, there are enemies are certain junction points. So do you bring a weapon with you? An assault rifle, or just a pistol? Or will you try and sneak by everything? Everything has weight and costs money.

If thats what it is, sounds kinda cool.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Kojima finally has a free hand. If you think he did crazy stuff while shackled by Konami just imagine what he's cooking up now.

Reallink

i mean you said "fake" a bunch of times, but every time, there was a product behind those games, and not that dissimilar from the "misdirection". P.T. wasn't a "fake demo" (whatever that means), it was an actual demo for a game series that got cancelled. Raiden may have been a secret protagonist, but his gameplay was pretty much exactly the same as Snake's. the "fake studio" in P.T. was just a zipcode reference to Silent Hills. Moby Dick Studios, all that stuff is in the final game, Ahab, Ishmael, the whale, etc. it's not like he has ever revealed an entirely secret game that was being made. MGS2 is the closest, and it was just a twist on the MGS formula. feel like some are taking the "Kojima is a liar" thing too far.

I was just having a play on the "Fake" theme of the thread, but it does not imply a lack of product behind those things. In this context it just means what was presented was very different from what we got. The Moby Dick Studio teaser and the prologue of MGS5 has basically nothing in common thematically, structurally, or gameplay wise with the remaining 95% of the game. Similarly the full Silent Hills was not expected to be anything like P.T.

Portugeezer

Geoff is not a real human being. He first is a character from the other side; the Joakim. This Geoff-of-Joakim connected to our world by hijacking a biological entity as it came out of the mothers womb. It morphed into the shape of the Geoff as we see him on our side, but for some reason the voice did not morph.

What we see in the Stranding is the original AI entity of Geoff, they are reverse engineering their way into our side.

xool

Wait, why has nobody mentioned the mech game suspected to have ties to Kojima? The animations do look too good for an indie game.

Looks more like it was influenced by the russian film Attraction (Притяжение)

I suspect that's a CG intro anyway..

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I bet the whole Norman Reedus and baby thing is just the beginning. I bet once you get the baby to where you need to go, then the game fast forwards to the baby as an adult and that is who you play for the real game.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
No way.

Sony would be sued to hell by people who pre-ordered due to 'misleading information' or something.

Did people sue when MGS2 surprised people when you had to play as Raiden? They never showed anything with him. What if people wanted a Solid Snake game?

But, it's 2019 and people would be butthurt now and want to sue regardless. Sue-happy society. People should wait for reviews and if they had their heart set on playing as Norman Reedus then they don't have to buy it. Not sue-worthy.

Nickolaidas

Sued for game being better than advertised?
For being irrelevant to what was advertised.
Did people sue when MGS2 surprised people when you had to play as Raiden? They never showed anything with him. What if people wanted a Solid Snake game?

But, it's 2019 and people would be butthurt now and want to sue regardless. Sue-happy society. People should wait for reviews and if they had their heart set on playing as Norman Reedus then they don't have to buy it. Not sue-worthy.
A different character is inconsequential to, I don't know Mgs2 being marketed as a stealth game and ending up being a first person shooter.

Though some people would be stupid enough to sue for the reason you said.

Wether you really play as Norman or not is the last thing to worry about. Wait for reviews to tell does this game actually have some substance and not just a walking simulator in an empty world and every 2-3 hours you see a post or an enemy.

Saruhashi

Banned
No way.

Sony would be sued to hell by people who pre-ordered due to 'misleading information' or something.

I think the only way you could sue is if there were no refunds and I then think maybe you would have to sue the retailer, not the manufacturer/developer?

Like if I order running shoes online and I order white but they end up sending me some neon monstrosity I can just send it back and get a refund.
If they said no way and for sure I can show that they sold me "white" and sent me "something else" then I think I would have to sue the retailer.

It could be seen as false advertising but if there is an offer of a full refund then I dunno that you can sue.

Top Bottom