• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want Binary Domain 2

hemo memo

Gold Member
Topic pretty much. Binary Domain is insanely underrated game that SEGA pretty much not going to visit that game again.

I am sorry if this thread is pointless, but the more exposure to this amazing game the better. I mean the most surprising thing is that the game came from SEGA which is something unexpected.

Tell me your opinion if you played it and for the people who didn’t please try it.

binary-domain.gif

aEAtCdU.gif

binarydomain1ptufk.gif

XWZD7Bd.gif

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I have played it, but never got very far on PS3. I recently bought it again on Steam as I've wanted to go back and play it again for awhile now.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I have played it, but never got very far on PS3. I recently bought it again on Steam as I've wanted to go back and play it again for awhile now.
I tried it and man... The PC port is kinda fucked, tried playing it with a gamepad and the controls where bugged or something as they didn't make any sense.

Wasn't in the mood of fixing it so I just went and play a different game. Hopefully there's some fix so, if you ever get to play it, please let us know! :)

Fbh

Yeah it would be awesome.
I replayed it last year on PC and it still mostly holds up. I also hadn't originally realized it's from the Yakuza team but at the time I think I had only played Yakuza 3 so I wasn't that familiar with their style. Now that I know you can definitely tell, maybe they could even use that to promote a sequel. "From the Creators of Yakuza" actually means something to western audiences now.

To this date I think it has some of the most fun robot enemies to fight. They way you can target specific limbs and how their armor starts to get blown away in pieces is so satisfying
XWZD7Bd.gif

Binary Domain was a good game, but flopped sales wise.

There won't be another.

And the original Nier had a 68 metascore and sold like crap. No one expected a sequel and yet we got both an awesome sequel and an awesome remake.
The chanes are very low, but not zero.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
I replayed it last year on PC and it still mostly holds up. I also hadn't originally realized it's from the Yakuza team but at the time I think I had only played Yakuza 3 so I wasn't that familiar with their style. Now that I know you can definitely tell, maybe they could even use that to promote a sequel. "From the Creators of Yakuza" actually means something to western audiences now.

To this date I think it has some of the most fun robot enemies to fight. They way you can target specific limbs and how their armor starts to get blown away in pieces is so satisfying
XWZD7Bd.gif

And the original Nier had a 68 metascore and sold like crap. No one expected a sequel and yet we got both an awesome sequel and an awesome remake.
Exactly. I wish SEGA would give it another chance.

XWZD7Bd.gif

Binary Domain released over a decade ago, a reboot is more likely than a sequel.

Either way, none of this will ever happen.

It was a good game nonetheless.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Binary Domain released over a decade ago, a reboot is more likely than a sequel.

How could you know? It could end up being another Dragon's Dogma case.

Last edited:

Fbh

Yeah I don't think it will happen either. I'm just saying the chances aren't zero.
They could do a Sequel in the Yakuza or Xenoblade way, where it's a mostly standalone story that you can jump in an enjoy even if you didn't play the previous one.

They can even go with stupid modern naming. Instead of Binary Domain 2 it's "Binary DomainS" or "THE Binary Domain"

Last edited:

tommib

It was a great game, OP. Played the PC port and found the characters endearing. Super competent shooter with colourful dialogue and some actual humour. It would be great to see Ryu Ga Gotoku come back to something like this but they're trapped by the Yakuza series and spin-offs - which is fine, I love Yakuza.

anthony2690

Banned
I might go and finish this next, this another game I dropped forever ago, just after the monkey highway robot boss thing.

I own it and it is backwards compat :D

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Brilliant game.
The only gears competitor that might be better.

I mean holy shit how good is that(starts good around 1min). I gotta replay this gem. BIG BOOOO

I can't believe the game is 10yo :pie_crying:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yes OP, I'm 110% with you on this one.

The team interaction was damn cool. And it was actually a pretty decent shooter.

Give it a remaster treatment à lá Yakuza to get it back on track and boost sales.

If they don't make Judgement 3, hope they go back to this.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You are the first person to ever have uttered those words.

Not saying it was bad, but I forgot it existed until just now. Seems like everyone did.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I wouldn't have minded a Binary Domain 2, but the time has passed for that. That whole genre of linear cover shooters is pretty passe now.

I thought it was a pretty good game. Rightly overshadowed by Vanquish, perhaps, but it had some good ideas, and it was pretty polished.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I loved it at launch and revisited the beginning of it a few months back. I'd be down for a sequel.

Shame the voice commands do not work at all. Going off internet comments, no one was able to get it to work.

Lasha

Binary Domain was so fun. The transition between the undercity into the upper levels is a top 5 gaming moment. I would love for RGG to get a chance to revist the series. A remaster where you can play through the campaign coop Gears style would also be welcome.

if you saw the bad ending you know there's no reason for a 2. It was an interesting concept for a Gears clone that was poorly executed. It was good enough for a playthrough but it's not underrated imo, a nice clean 6/10. Just like Vanquish.

lukilladog

if you saw the bad ending you know there's no reason for a 2. It was an interesting concept for a Gears clone that was poorly executed. It was good enough for a playthrough but it's not underrated imo, a nice clean 6/10. Just like Vanquish.

I don´t even remember... worse than cybepunk?.

I replayed this and Yakuza: Dead Souls a couple weeks ago and I agree, I want SEGA the Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio to give Binary Domain another chance.
What are you even going about, Vanquish is a damn TPS classic.

kyussman

Yea,had a lot of fun with it on PS3.I think most of it was because of how satisfyingly the robots came apart when you shot them......I don't think will will see another one.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I remember my friend saying "it's Gears of War, but you kill robots". Funny that Gears 5 has robots, so Sega did what Microsoft'ont

But yeah, it's a nice games. Nothing really special, but we need more of this for sure

I remember loving to play Vanquish and Binary Domain when people were trashing them back in the PS3 era. I loved how you could destroy individual robot parts in Binary Domain.

Another franchise that could be rebooted is Lost Planet.

The game was fucking great! Even with the campy story that ended in you impregnating an android chick (cybersex ftw).

Would love a sequel. Not nearly enough competent TPS games being released anymore.

This and Vanquish were the two Japanese answers to GeOW, and they fucking nailed it on both tries.

I don´t even remember... worse than cybepunk?.

I feel like the ending hour of the game was something that was whipped up because they were running out of time and money, it's different compared to the consistency and presentation through the rest of the game. But that's also one of the games problems since the beginning, they focused too much on theatrics and effects for things like shooting a robots arm or leg that it didn't really do anything that stood out from many other Gears clones other than the theme and I think there was voice commands too if not mistaken. You're expecting this epic climax late in the game and then the game just dies.

I replayed this and Yakuza: Dead Souls a couple weeks ago and I agree, I want SEGA the Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio to give Binary Domain another chance.

What are you even going about, Vanquish is a damn TPS classic.

As a TPS Vanquish is pretty mediocre, but it's decent as an overall action game.

This and Vanquish were the two Japanese answers to GeOW, and they fucking nailed it on both tries.

Lol.

Last edited:
Loved it, the way robots would be shredded apart was super satisfying. Chances of getting a sequel are zero to none but a remaster isn't outside the realm of possibility.

F31 Leopard

One thing I liked was the dialouge. Very small detail that gets overlooked. In most games everyone speaks 1 language. In BD the international team spoke English while the Japanese spoke their language which was a nice touch and reflects real life. Japanese characters only spoke English when conversing with the international team. Weebs were like I prefer Japanese audio. I would tell them the English version is better and still contains Japanese. They way it's done is more realistic. Games need to be more like this.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

So I want to play this now, is PC version really no good? Surely fps problems can be brute forced through. I don't have a Series console but I do have a Xbox 360 hooked up (and PS3 in the cupboard).

edit - oh jesu christi this must be what people are talking about:

OFRqkmX.png

Hmmmmm, might be better to just play on console, bu bu bu I want clean IQ and 60fps though:

angry walt disney GIF

Last edited:
I adore Binary Domain. It was an incredibly fun ride and I was a bit surprised at the quality of the narrative and characters back when I played it as I went in blind. Such a great game - an all-time favorite of mine.

stn

I also loved it. Bought it because of the setting. Gameplay was simple but solid fun. It basically felt like Vanquish but with teammates.

Top Bottom