• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICE bust of local leader puts Boston’s illegal Irish on edge

I love how we're "white" now.

Fuuuck that!

What people are thinking when they announce stuff like this on tv is beyond me. Then again so is overstaying your J1 visa or whatever.

I guess as he said, he's living life and not realising he's put down roots until the years have gone by.

I will harbor you, Saoirse.

Nah she's harbouring 2019 non EU citizen Ed Sheeran in galway.

I will harbor you, Saoirse.

C6f8i7oUoAALTAD.jpg

Quixzlizx

We don't. That's one of the things Trump was able to capitalize on. There's no tracking of people who overstay their visas.

We've been purposefully underfunding and handicapping immigration enforcement for decades because business interests like having an underclass of illegals to exploit, and some politicians see them as guaranteed voters after a future amnesty.

I thought it was because establishment Republicans realize we need immigrants for a functional society, but are afraid of riling up their KKK base by supporting the modernization of our immigration policy.

See Marco Rubio voting against his own immigration bill.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
“There definitely seems to be a shift in focus that any non-citizen is at risk of detention, regardless of their contributions or ties to communities,” Millar said. “It’s a misguided policy, there ought to be some kind of priority in terms of enforcement.”
Oh fuck off.

lazygecko

Well, since the US is on a fast track of reversing all its progress on social equality, it makes sense that the Irish are next in line of getting screwed over after the African, Latino and Asian Americans.

Slayven

Well, since the US is on a fast track of reversing all its progress on social equality, it makes sense that the Irish are next in line of getting screwed over after the African, Latino and Asian Americans.

{{{Globalist}}} and Italians better get their papers right

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
As a white Scottish immigrant who did everything by the book I am both annoyed and unsurprised that a gang of white people seem shocked that immigration law "suddenly " applies to them. I wish no harm on them but the indignation is a bit priceless, so it is...

Slayven

As a white Scottish immigrant who did everything by the book I am both annoyed and unsurprised that a gang of white people seem shocked that immigration law "suddenly " applies to them. I wish no harm on them but the indignation is a bit priceless, so it is...

If you get departed, I will go in your place. I have some unfinished business with the Lochs

plufim

The only Trump voters who would even care for a second about this would be any fellow Irish Trump voters.

Instead this shit will be used as "evidence" that the crackdown "isn't racist".

Cyan

Banned
Is the guy on record as supporting Trump or something? I'm not sure what's prompting a lot of these responses otherwise.

It's good to have news stories that remind readers that illegal immigrants have roots here, have ties, are community leaders, are actually somewhat less likely to be criminal than the rest of us. There's a real cost to deportation, not just to the people being deported, and our collective humanity, but to their communities. We're hitting ourselves for no good reason.

The only Trump voters who would even care for a second about this would be any fellow Irish Trump voters.

Instead this shit will be used as "evidence" that the crackdown "isn't racist".

Wait, you're Irish and voted for Trump?

Is the guy on record as supporting Trump or something? I'm not sure what's prompting a lot of these responses otherwise.

He's "white" and they don't understand ethnicity or nationality, nor who who this group generally votes for.

Question for you though how would an illegal immigrants vote at all? Not need a social security number to get on the register?

No.. poorly worded. As in fellow irishmen to this guy.

I'm an Australian of mixed european decent, and I vote Green*. Couldn't be more different.

*Australian Greens are less insane than the US ones.

Ah. Since he is actually Irish I can't see him having voted for Trump (if he even can).

The 4th generation plastics? Well there anything could happen.

But generally they vote democratic I believe.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

It's good to have news stories that remind readers that illegal immigrants have roots here, have ties, are community leaders, are actually somewhat less likely to be criminal than the rest of us. There's a real cost to deportation, not just to the people being deported, and our collective humanity, but to their communities. We're hitting ourselves for no good reason.

Well citizens of Eire might be fleeing "Irish poverty" but they're not fleeing beheadings or starve to death malaria poverty like for example Mexicans or Loatians. They're fleeing roughly the same poverty I was which is to say the odd hungry night as a bairn.

It hasn't been Angela's Ashes for a wee bit .

hypernima

Banned
bad hombre / fear dona? (irish)

Don't forget about the
Korean-American,Adam Crapser, adopted as kid 37 yrs ago that got deported.
Or another korean-american Phillip Clay that got deported... and suicide jumping from a building

did you recently see that vice doc too? horrible story.

Socivol

I can't wait for the stories on Trump supporters who's white family members get deported and they act shocked about it.

Top Bottom