• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: 41 WEIRDEST METAL GEAR SOLID MOMENTS (Spoilers)

MrMatt555

Source

1. Letting The End die of old age by either letting a week pass mid-fight or changing your console's system clock.

2. Psycho Mantis reading your memory card and pretending to change the channel on your TV.

3. The Colonel's "I need scissors! 61" freakout.

4. Liquid Ocelot using Sons of the Patriots to disable everyone's firearms.

5. Metal Gear Solid 4's loading screen tips. "Avoid playing when you are tired!"

6. Fission Mailed.

7. Johnny Sasaki's recurring and embarrassing shenanigans in the first two games.

8. Johnny literally crapping himself during a mission in Metal Gear Solid 4.

9. Naked Raiden.

10. Using the picture of the girl in the locker to embarrass Otacon during the Tanker mission.

11. Psycho Mantis failing to read your memory card or move the Sixaxis controller after the Screaming Mantis boss fight.

12. That ladder scene in Metal Gear Solid 3...

13. Campbell, Mei Ling, and Naomi making fun of you while fighting the Hind D if your sound settings aren't set to stereo.

14. Ocelot's weird ocelot sound.

15. The Ape Escape mini-game in Subsistence.

16. Using ketchup to escape from a prison cell.

17. Fatman and his rollerskates.

18. Naked Snake wearing the weird Raikov mask.

19. The fact that The Pain shoots bees at you.

20. The Sorrow's creepy ghost river.

21. Snake crawling through a microwave tunnel.

22. XOF patch dramatically popping out of your belt if you roll around too much in Ground Zeroes.

23. Letting the wolf puppy pee on the cardboard box so it's easier to sneak past the wolves in the first Metal Gear Solid.

24. Fending off Suicide Gekkos while Vamp and Raiden duke it out on the other side of the split screen.

25. Sunny cooking eggs while reciting elements from the periodic table.

26. The last boss of Metal Gear Solid 4 being played like a fighting game.

27. Making awkward codec calls from the bathroom in Metal Gear Solid 2.

28. Mice in the vents getting the "!" alert above their heads.

29. Mario and Yoshi figurines in Emmerich's lab in Twin Snakes.

30. Manipulating the projectors on the Tanker.

31. Creepy singing AI pods in Peace Walker.

32. The hack-and-slash nightmare sequence in Snake Eater.

33. Recruiting Hideo Kojima in Peace Walker.

34. Rescuing Kojima in a Ground Zeroes side op.

35. The Secret Theater of humorous cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.

36. Recreating classic Metal Gear Solid scenes in the Déjà Vu mission of Ground Zeroes.

37. Erasing the Kojima Production logo from Ground Zeroes in the Déjà Vu mission.

38. The Fox Engine getting "infected" by FOXDIE during the Déjà Vu mission... that was a weird mission in general.

39. Getting scolded by Rose and the Colonel for shooting seagulls on Big Shell.

40. Monster Hunter-style quests in Peace Walker.

41. Hidden Kerotan frogs in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Naked cartwheel me if old..

tl;dr: dumb ign is dumb and they think the ladder scene in mgs3 is weird.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I approve of this list, though, sentimentally, "scissors" is my favorite

Maddocks

somethings on the list are head scratching.

Sunny cooking eggs while reciting elements from the periodic table. - How is this weird? can't do two things at once?

Snake crawling through a microwave tunnel. - Just shows you how badass snake is to be able to survive that.

I admit I turned off my PS2 when the colonel went crazy in MGS2 with Raiden and kept telling me to shut off the system. I was young, tired, and had been playing all day because I did not own a memory card at the time and had to marathon the game if I wanted to beat it.

So yeah, I turned off my PS2 and when I turned my PS2 on to see I had to start from the beginning and realized I'd been trolled and was an idiot...mmm I died.

Next day speed ran that shit and got back there within 3-4 hours.

somethings on the list are head scratching.

Sunny cooking eggs while reciting elements from the periodic table. - How is this weird? can't do two things at once?

Snake crawling through a microwave tunnel. - Just shows you how badass snake is to be able to survive that.

Yeah it's just IGN list listin' that's all. They rarely ever make a lick of sense.

antitrop

I mean, unless you're cooking breakfast right before an upcoming Chemistry exam, I think it's pretty weird.

I have no idea who Sunny is, but it's definitely weird out of context.

lord_lad

Banned
The weirdest moment for me involves Otacon has his antics

~ "Snake, can love blossom on the battlefield?" A WTF moment for me

~ "I have a relationship with my stepmom, while my dad commited suicide knowing this. Also my stepsister and me has some sort of thing going on too. But for some reason, i still cant talk to woman."

~ "I fucked Naomi in MGS4. Yet, i still have no confidence to talk to women."

What the fuck is wrong with Otacon? I'll be a Casanova if i had the 'experience' of Otacon. Is he deep down the subconscious of Kojima himself?

MechaX

I wish they would have included the MSX Metal Gear games too.

Remember when Snake was put in a chokehold by an 80 year old scientist and had to shoot nikita missiles at said old man to get him off?

Or how about the time Snake almost got killed by poisonous hamsters? Good times.

that list is too short, and it didn't even include this:

MAJOR SPOILER, SON

the fake-me-out credits in MGS4 that lead up to Big Boss appearing out of nowhere

Darkangel

iLybWWm.png

How could they not mention this?

Aurongel

Liquid Ocelot's accent not changing.

The creepy trench coat man who stalks you in MGS4

Crop circles in MGS4

The MULTI MILLION DOLLAR fake commercials in MGS4.

Infinite ammo bandana

US president junk grab

Deepthroat

Ghosts in shadow Moses.

Top Bottom