• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN GOTY 2015 & People's Choice: The Witcher 3

I love everything about Witcher 3 except the combat. The sword combat is pretty boring and Geralt's spells too. Everything else is amazing, though. Characters and quests are pretty interesting and fun. The DLC was also amazing. Maan if they ever do a open world game like Witcher 3 but with bloodborne's combat...

It's a deal breake for me honestly. I keep going back to Bloodborne's tense fights.

I still have high hopes for Cyberpunk though, as that will likely have a completely different combat system and a more appealing setting (for me).

iz.podpolja

Neo Member
I love everything about Witcher 3 except the combat. The sword combat is pretty boring and Geralt's spells too. Everything else is amazing, though. Characters and quests are pretty interesting and fun. The DLC was also amazing. Maan if they ever do a open world game like Witcher 3 but with bloodborne's combat...

It would have to be a game with BB's encounter design tho - simply inserting soulsesque combat into the Witcher 3 for instance would result with a total disaster, a system that would be way worse then the current one. I'd rather wish they did their own thing, just better.

tuxfool

Banned
Could you be any more smug and obnoxious? It has been a long time since I've read a post that has made me actually say "what the fuck?" out loud. I hope it loses GAF's GOTY just to spite your intolerable bullshit. Congrats for making me actually root against the game.

He is hardly the only person being obnoxious over GOTY posts.

The Witcher 3 deserves the recognition. It is one of the first games to come out that felt like it provided a truly "next-gen" open world experience. The writing is excellent and many seemingly unimportant side quests have better stories than some games. The Witcher feels like an accomplishment for the medium in a way that not many games do.

dreamfall

Amazing game. CDPR created a title that really was everything I wanted, as an avid Witcher fan. I can't wait for Blood & Wine!

Zemm

GAF isn't pro Sony but I would say it is very pro exclusive games, as in those are the types of games people here seem to rally around more than anything.

MajorTom

I actually didn't really like the witcher 3, but I think CD Projekt red seem like a really cool bunch of people :)
Always happy to see them win things.

Just because I prefer bloodborne because I think it nails absolutely everything it's trying to do, doesn't mean I don't think witcher 3 was absolutely a wonderful game. I just wouldn't put it at GOTY because I don't think it nailed everything it was trying to do. But I'll never fault anyone for picking it.

An absolute masterpiece. People will still talk and remember The Witcher 3 fondly for years to come. Congrats CDPR!

NeoGAF is gonna look kinda funny if Witcher 3 doesn't win considering it has demolished everything else in critics and people's choices.

Yes we must agree with everyone else.

I think what we can all agree on is that it certainly wasn't an xbox one exclusive like many were claiming. It came down to a multi-plat game vs a PS4 game. xbox who?

/fueling fanboyism.

NIGHT-

Wow, that's pretty shameful on their part. I haven't visited IGN for a while, and I told myself I'd re-add them to my bookmarks if they gave Bloodborne game of the year. Their loss.

So considering Witcher 3's movement and combat, Bloodborne got robbed here.

This is... Quite pathetic. Lol

dEvAnGeL

Wow, that's pretty shameful on their part. I haven't visited IGN for a while, and I told myself I'd re-add them to my bookmarks if they gave Bloodborne game of the year. Their loss.

So considering Witcher 3's movement and combat, Bloodborne got robbed here.
I mean, it's okay to disagree but this is beyond anything I've seen on a long time here in GAF

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shit game / 10

1kbu2l.jpg

IrishNinja

NeoGAF is gonna look kinda funny if Witcher 3 doesn't win considering it has demolished everything else in critics and people's choices.

this is exactly why GOTY talk is terrible, right here

Come on, you know Bloodborne is "objectively" the best game ever made in earth and beyond. Critics and people's choices are earth problems, Bloodborne is God realm.

see, this dude gets it! note: the panel would also have accepted Yakuza 5

Bloodborne already has it on lock, by a lot. But gaf is very pro Sony.

so if it was multi-plat it'dve had less votes?

That was actually one of his tamer posts regarding The Witcher III, if you can believe it.

I looked at his post history...

This is fun

what's nice is this new fixation means fewer hip hop posts though

I'm really excited to get back to playing the Witcher 3 after I'm done with XCX. But with all these GOTYs and accolades my expectations for the rest of the game is slowly getting unreasonable. Like I really hope it delivers.

Jumeira

Banned
Best game last year and better than any game for the last couple of years. Incredible achievement in gaming. Looking forward to blood and wine.

My PS4's harddrive messed up my console, so had to restore it to factory settings... Lost P.T. along the way... The only upside was (having just finished the game) replaying this masterpiece again. It still blows my mind how varied the side-quests feel.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The game is so gigantic that when you realize every part of it is detailed and fun, is when you realize its the best there is. Still really looking forward to the expansion.

GRaider81

I really wish i liked the Witcher 3 better too. I just got so bored 25 hours in (basically after BB quest)

I feel like ive missed the GOAT or something

V-Faction

Gotta say, the turn around from the first game to the last is astounding.

Witcher 1: Who?
Witcher 2: Ignorance is Bliss.
Witcher 3: Started from the bottom now we bitchin'

Bowler

I really wish I could have gotten into the Witcher. I went from Bloodborne combat to the (pre patched?) combat of the Witcher and was not having fun. I eventually quit after 20 or so hours. Maybe I'll eventually try to get into it again.
we in the same boat matey

we in the same boat matey

Going from BB which is pretty much combat nirvana to WC3s slower pace is really jarring. I almost didn't make it either. The story was so good though that I stuck with it and started playing the way the game wanted - Slow and strategic and I was able to have fun with it. I still think the combat is the games weakest aspect but it wasn't enough to ruin it for me

Yeah Witcher 3 was a slow burn for me. I went from outright disliking it to loving it over like 20 hours. That's about how long it took for me to grasp the game, but since that point it's been a blast.

Top Bottom