• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Im becoming concerned at the lack of communication from Sony

O here we go ms announced their price now its "we are tired of sony blah blah blah" im sure we will get the price this month no doubt we've waited this long a few more weeks aint shit

peronmls

GUYS! Why buy a pS5 now when they will release the FULL enhanced version of the PS5 later!! =D
... :3
=D DX

ReBurn

Gold Member
This shit again? Xbox Series S has hardly lit the world on fire lol.
Seems like more people are talking about S and X pricing and release date than PlayStation's 25 year anniversary. When I look at the gaming news sites today I see a lot of Xbox and less PS5. The S leak was not an accident and people are talking about it. That's the point of the comment you replied to.

Malakhov

Banned
I find the lack of pricing info annoying but seriously, Sony doesn't need to do anything else than follow their schedule, they already got this

DaGwaphics

It definitely means the PS5 is vaporware

The whole thing has been an elaborate hoax from the very beginning. That thing overheats so bad they are shipping it packed in dry ice, it's that bad. SSD max speeds are just peak bursts with the average being similar to ATA HDD. Combine that with the "smart shift" clocks... The Atari VCS is a much better buy. So much so, I'll probably pre-order 2 or 3 just to resale, PS5 won't have the demand for that (don't let the Russian bot farms fool you with the Twitter "likes").

longdi

Banned
Ever since Jim Ryan took over, SCE seems to be run like an exclusive playstation bhoys club.

Meaning taking a higher pedestal stance, giving off a stuck up vibe.

This co-relates to their silence, their lack of on the ground chat with gamers. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

TheGrat1

We are now literally two months from launch and we have had absolutely nothing from sony about PS5 since the July event.

We are yet to get any deep dives of the OS, the new share features, the hardware itself (ports anyone?) the external memory card solution, PSNow and information pertaining to next gen VR.
Let alone pricing and pre ordering dates.

Personally im all im for the digital edition but with xbox stealing all the headlines just now, im worried about what they are doing over there. Im really hoping for demons souls at launch but do you guys think sony will be forced to try and match the xss pricing for the digital edition?
Did I fall into a time warp back to April??? :messenger_dizzy:
The bolded will age as well as this did:

supernova8

Banned
We are now literally two months from launch and we have had absolutely nothing from sony about PS5 since the July event.

We are yet to get any deep dives of the OS, the new share features, the hardware itself (ports anyone?) the external memory card solution, PSNow and information pertaining to next gen VR.

Personally im all im for the digital edition but with xbox stealing all the headlines just now, im worried about what they are doing over there. Im really hoping for demons souls at launch but do you guys think sony will be forced to try and match the xss pricing for the digital edition?

I'd say it'll be:
- 499 for the normal PS5 to match XSX.
- 399 for the PS5 DE to be a bit more expensive than XSS but significantly more powerful and 'future-proof' in the eyes of many.

If Microsoft really pushes the Xbox All-Access thing (where you can get an XSS or XSX for free (or close to free?) if you sign up for 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate and it gains traction then yeah they might stand a chance. If not then no Sony is probably going to win again.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

It's definitely a concern. they dont seem to know what they are doing. their one conference in over 2 years was an underwhelming one with barely any gameplay for their heavy hitters. they dont seem to care about showing or even talking about BC, let alone enhanced BC. we still dont know what this boost mode on the PS5 is going to do and cerny made a passing reference to it over 6 months ago. cyberpunk isnt getting a day one patch so we are stuck playing at pro settings? will bloodborne run at 60 fps on this boost mode? what does the OS look like? how fast are the boot times? what the fuck does spiderman play like?

its shockingly bad marketing. non-existent for months. they are clueless and definitely not the company that aced E3 year after year at the start of the gen. gameplay, price, features. thats it. its really not that hard.

the funny thing is that we were asking for the same shit way back in february and we were told its early goings. well now we are two months from launch, and we are still asking for these things? of course its time to be concerned. i dont even care about the price, but if they are sitting on a $399 to $449 console, whats the reason to be scared? just go ahead and reveal it.

that said, MS doesnt seem to know what they are doing either. they were sitting on a $299 and $499 console all this time for some reason. shouldve revealed it at the july reveal to make that bad conference sting less. no idea why dropping it in the middle of the night is a better idea than announcing it at the biggest stage. again, cluelessness knows no bounds. so it's possible sony is also sitting on a treasure trove of gameplay, amazing features and a $399 price point, and their marketing suits are telling them to wait because.... who the fuck knows anymore.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Now that Microsoft has really blinked first, I hope this is what Sony wanted. Now the prices revealed might be lower than even Sony was expecting. They have a chance to counter with something meaningful. I think Sony may have been caught off guard and now deciding if they want to chase loses with subscriptions and digital purchases, or stay their course. Whatever it might be.

Xander3116

The PS5 isn't real man the sooner everyone accepts that the easier it will be. Besides i heard rumours that the Series S announcement has scorched the earth. It's over amigos. Nintendo 4 eva!

Last edited:

Redlight

They could release all the unknown info in a big splash a month out and it'll be fine. I expect their price will roughly align with Series X. A big splurge showing the interface, ports, tear-down and a couple of unannounced games is all they need.

All the same Sony fans that are sweating bullets now, and concern-trolling the Series S threads, will be rejoicing in the streets and getting celebratory tattoos. Relax. Everything is OK.

DeeDogg_

Banned
Seems like concern trolling. Anyway, they're probably making some tough decisions on price.
Yes. Barely any info 2 months before launch is concern trolling
you could’ve just posted “SONY GOOD STOP WORRYING!” and sent off the same message

Wait, wasnt MS as quiet if not quieter than SONY and now that they revealed the price yesterday, SONY is concerning. What they were supposed to release their own prices on the same day or something? If you know just the bare minimum of marketing you will know that you want a solid window between a competitors announcement so you can build up your own hype. They'll announce too just not the next day, that would be really stupid.

It definitely means the PS5 is vaporware
bebc80193d5415c389ed0d84136c3247.gif

Kdad

Wait, wasnt MS as quiet if not quieter than SONY and now that they revealed the ESTIMATED price yesterday, SONY is concerning. What they were supposed to release their own prices on the same day or something? If you know just the bare minimum of marketing you will know that you want a solid window between a competitors announcement so you can build up your own hype. They'll announce too just not the next day, that would be really stupid.
FTFY...MS didnt announce their price yet...

iHaunter

What happened to people wanting to be surprised? People need to KNOW NOW ALWAYS RIGHT NOW in this age. Even if a video surfaces regarding the OS, I'll pass on it. I want to experience it for the first time in person. I got my tastes of games coming to PS5. All I needed.

tryDEATH

If Sony doesn't hit back in the next week or two with a haymaker, I might start to worry a bit, they are obviously not going to panic and release things due to the Xbox's "leak", but they just seem so far behind scheduled when it comes to releasing information. The craziest thing to me is that we still haven't seen a physical PS5 or even know the real dimensions of it.

The craziest thing to me is that we still haven't seen a physical PS5 or even know the real dimensions of it.

Did you know that they are selling a console? So I'm sure they are already producing the hardware as we speak. It's not like they will just ship empty boxes.

yurinka

Seeing Amazon showing covers of Demon's Souls, GT7, Returnal or Sackboy, Demon's Souls getting rated in Japan etc. makes me think that some of these games are closer to release than we think. Maybe some of them are planned for the launch or launch window, but due to covid and the typical last minute stuff for console release they aren't sure if they will have the games ready for there or for 2021. Same goes with cool OS features that they didn't show or announced, maybe were planned for launch but due to Covid they are late and aren't sure if will be ready for launch. Maybe if there's a lot of this things that can't be ready for launch they may even delay the console a month or two.

I think they are working on these things and waiting to know if they will have it for launch before announce and show all this in the same video they announce the date and price.

In short, they will announce it when ready and when they consider it's the time.

They did a great job when they announced the gamepad and the console and its first games, these announcements broke several game industry social media records. I bet they will achieve something similar when announcing the price, date and maybe the list of launch games or additional OS features or minor hardware features (like wifi6 or Bluetooth 5.1). Their communication strategy has been very successful even if we'd prefer to have megatons every week.

Did you know that they are selling a console? So I'm sure they are already producing the hardware as we speak. It's not like they will just ship empty boxes.
As I remember they announced that the production started in June or July.

Last edited:
As I remember they announced that the production started in June or July.

Plus when we saw that console in the reveal I'm pretty sure they already had one made and tested back then. You can't just create a case with a 3D modeling program and never test it out to see if it has issues with things like airflow for example.

Shambala

Sony has not once yet reacted to anything Xbox has done. It’s always the other way around. Let Xbox have their time. No reason to share headlines. These companies have their schedules and will make their moves as they see fit.

yurinka

So is this dream of Sony announcing the 299 like this again dead now that MS has their own 299 console.

Won't happen at all, PS5 hardware means a base $499 PS5 and discless $449 PS5 would be already sold at a loss and making an effort. Even with these prices PS5 will dominate the market as PS4 did this gen. Or even more, because they will start with a ~115 million userbase.

Sony has not once yet reacted to anything Xbox has done. It’s always the other way around. Let Xbox have their time. No reason to share headlines. These companies have their schedules and will make their moves as they see fit.
Sony won't react to MS moves, Sony doesn't care about them. Xbox isn't a threat to them, are way behind them selling consoles, games and game services. Sony will already succed with their current plans so don't need to do anything special.

Notice that MS announced everytihng before and shown it several times in different events or videos. Sony just did a single video showing the console and first games when they decided it was the time without reacting to all MS moves. So they will do the same with price, date and remaining things to show, they will do it once they consider it's the time, not as a reaction to a MS move.

Receipts?
They publicly report their financial data at the end of every fiscal year or quarter. You can see there Sony makes more money because their gaming division sells more consoles, games for their consoles and services for their consoles than MS gaming+extras division.

Regarding next gen, looking at social media numbers the PS5 logo announcement, PS5 gamepad announcement and console+first games reveal achieved historical records in the gaming industry, while Xbox has way lower numbers.

Xbox is way behind Sony.

Last edited:

Klayzer

We have these exact 'I'm concerned at Sony's lack of communication' threads every time Xbox announces something. It's becoming old and tired and quite frankly speaks volumes about the OP and his mental state.

This thread should be closed.
Quite true. To be fair, it happens to Xbox when Playstation news is dropped also. Either side can't be excited for news, unless they're trolling the each other's fanbases.

Top Bottom