• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Im becoming concerned at the lack of communication from Sony

BlackTron

Sony is going to sell every PS5 they can produce this year anyway. The PS5's purpose is not to replace the PS4 overnight.

They will have a few nice looking games to placate all the early adopters and kick off next gen. But they will be happy to let the PS4 train keep going.

Why create a situation where nobody wants a PS4 anymore, and there's not enough supply of the new system to meet demand, so everyone buys nothing?

I'm guessing that thanks to Series S we might see the PS4 Pro drop in price by early-mid next year.

Sony wants a successful PS5 launch but they don't want to curb stomp their existing console business either.

giphy.gif

They've definitely been quieter compared to previous gens, they and MS have used covid as a smokescreen - but there's also been a lot of next gen games running on PS5.

There's nothing more for them gain by staying quiet for too much longer, I expect them to reveal everything by (at the very latest) start of October.

Last edited:

Damigos

We are now literally two months from launch and we have had absolutely nothing from sony about PS5 since the July event.

We are yet to get any deep dives of the OS, the new share features, the hardware itself (ports anyone?) the external memory card solution, PSNow and information pertaining to next gen VR.
Let alone pricing and pre ordering dates.

Personally im all im for the digital edition but with xbox stealing all the headlines just now, im worried about what they are doing over there. Im really hoping for demons souls at launch but do you guys think sony will be forced to try and match the xss pricing for the digital edition?
Dont be, they know how to communicate.

DonF

I love seeing the difference in strategies from Ms and Sony. Ms is being super transparent and forward with most things, whereas Sony looks like is hiding the ps5, yet, all the hype is over the PlayStation.
It's an interesting case study.
Both brand are well known in a small niche market (consoles/videogames) but I feel that Sony is on top in most metrics with what could be cataloged as "bad marketing", but every bit of info gets way more views, mentions and likes than xbox.

Top Bottom