• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In addition to Jordan Peele, I will be working with a variety of creative storytellers on the OD Project.

tmlDan

okay, i still don't know what this even is - if its short stories with diff partners ill check it out but i've never been a fan of interactive movies or visual novels

-Zelda-

Banned
He better get John Carpenter. But is this Xbox exclusive? I thought I heard he was going to make an Xbox game a few months ago. Was this it?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Here's hoping Steven Seagal gets a role.

Steven Seagal GIF

-Zelda-

Banned

I wonder what kind of console warring this will Breed. Not sure how I should feel about this. One one hand, I did not like DS. On the other, I do not have an Xbox, but I can see how things like this might be an issue for some. If DS is Sony only, I feel for Xbox owners, and vice versa.

It would be so cool to have an anthology game green lighting more "less safe" mini games, like a gaming version of Netflix's Love Death Robots. Kojima would be a solid choice to helm that into reality.

Roberts

Let Carpenter sit at home, smoke weed and play videogames.

Aster, Strickland, Durkin, Cregger, Kim Jee-Woon, Hyams

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Takashi Miike would be perfect for this as he has done short horror stories along with masters like John Carpenter. Another film director that springs to mind is Gaspar Noe. He is also an avant garde movie director and storyteller that are not afraid to push boundaries and think outside the box. What a great collaboration that would be.

Last edited:

El Muerto

We're getting a documentary in Spring 2024. Should shed some light to see who all is involved.
"The documentary premiered during the Tribeca Festival at The Indeed Theater at Spring Studios in New York City on June 17. It follows game developer Hideo Kojima's (Metal Gear Solid, Death Stranding) creative process through the launch of his Kojima Productions studio as an independent studio. It includes appearances from Guillermo del Toro, Nicholas Winding Refn, Grimes, George Miller, Norman Reedus, Woodkid, and Chvrches."

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Congrats OP! But why are you still slumming it with us GAF commoners if you know people in such high places???

Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF

A variety of story tellers eh?
That pretty much confirms (for me) OD will be a collection of different horror stories. Anthology if you will.

And given how the success of Black Mirror has been, it would seem to indicate it more. Just in a video game format.

WitchHunter

Banned
Takashi Miike would be perfect for this as he has done short horror stories along with masters like John Carpenter. Another film director that springs to mind is Gaspar Noe. He is also an avant garde movie director and storyteller that are not afraid to push boundaries and think outside the box. What a great collaboration that would be.
Yeah, sure it will fit Kojima's line of work. So we'll see cutting of nipples and showing rape for 10 minutes straight? Maybe male anal rape, just to be pc & modern?

Top Bottom