• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In addition to Jordan Peele, I will be working with a variety of creative storytellers on the OD Project.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Yeah, sure it will fit Kojima's line of work. So we'll see cutting of nipples and showing rape for 10 minutes straight? Maybe male anal rape, just to be pc & modern?

I get that Irreversible is Noes most famous work, but to solely focus on that movie (and particularly that ONE scene) to summarize his work, is pretty short sighted and quite frankly, narrow-minded. Noe had done several movies which are much more mellow than Irreversible, but just as cerebral and heart pounding. And even though Kojima and Noe are far apart in terms of genres they typically operate in, I don't see a collaboration between them as far fetched. Both employs long tracking shots, often unbroken, and have a heavy emphasis on cerebral subject matter. Both are visionaries and like to think outside the box. If a collaboration between them would happen I'm fairly certain that both would adapt to one another so that it doesn't involve 10-minute long rape scenes :)

WitchHunter

Banned
I get that Irreversible is Noes most famous work, but to solely focus on that movie (and particularly that ONE scene) to summarize his work, is pretty short sighted and quite frankly, narrow-minded. Noe had done several movies which are much more mellow than Irreversible, but just as cerebral and heart pounding. And even though Kojima and Noe are far apart in terms of genres they typically operate in, I don't see a collaboration between them as far fetched. Both employs long tracking shots, often unbroken, and have a heavy emphasis on cerebral subject matter. Both are visionaries and like to think outside the box. If a collaboration between them would happen I'm fairly certain that both would adapt to one another so that it doesn't involve 10-minute long rape scenes :)
They even gonna have a baby together, sure. Most of Noe's movies are simply unwatchable. Those are meant for a crowd who would even find art and beauty in cow excrement. The rest, well, I couldn't name one.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
They even gonna have a baby together, sure. Most of Noe's movies are simply unwatchable. Those are meant for a crowd who would even find art and beauty in cow excrement. The rest, well, I couldn't name one.

You sound awfully butthurt regarding Noes work. Did Irreversible fuck you up that bad? Well, it's certainly not for weak stomachs. But Enter the Void, Climax and his most recently, Vortex, are not by any means unwatchable. They're amazing and unique movie experiences unlike anything else on the market. But each to his own.

Hudo

Can he assemble a team of game directors instead of Hollywood shitheads?

Would be cool to see a team of him, Sakaguchi, Yoko Taro, Yasumi Matsuno, Will Wright, Warren Spector, Michel Ancel and Patrice Desilets.

WitchHunter

Banned
You sound awfully butthurt regarding Noes work. Did Irreversible fuck you up that bad? Well, it's certainly not for weak stomachs. But Enter the Void, Climax and his most recently, Vortex, are not by any means unwatchable. They're amazing and unique movie experiences unlike anything else on the market. But each to his own.
Hell, hope you are not a psychologist. Most of Noe's movies are nonsensical bullshit sold as art. And people try to find meaning in it. That's my take, sorry, don't try to draw parallels with anything I said earlier.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Hell, hope you are not a psychologist. Most of Noe's movies are nonsensical bullshit sold as art. And people try to find meaning in it. That's my take, sorry, don't try to draw parallels with anything I said earlier.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's a shit take you peddling.

WitchHunter

Banned
Sorry to break it to you, but it's a shit take you peddling.
I see you can't be persuaded that what you adore is bullshit, but hell, there are people, who think that white horizontal lines on a white canvas is art and willing to spend millions on it at a Sothebys auction.

hlm666

okay, i still don't know what this even is - if its short stories with diff partners ill check it out but i've never been a fan of interactive movies or visual novels
Maybe something like short horror games, take PT and flesh it out a little more and make it an 80 minute game. Something like creepshow or actually that other horror masters series where they had well known directors do episodes but it's a short game instead, well 5 short games in this scenario if he has 5 people lined up.

I know shit, this is just speculation.

A passion project for a talented game developer like Kojima could ignite the fire inside him that he lost after the Phantom Pain, with Phil giving this the funding it needed I wouldn't be surprised if this was the start of a beautiful friendship 🫠

SteadyEvo

Trailer provided no information about the game. And Jordan Peele… I tried watching one of his movies, the one with Glenn, and I turned it off.

But I loved Death Stranding so I’m optimistic for this.

Did he say creators, not actors, and name drop Seven Samurai?

If it's actors, Peele/Kier/Schafer/Lillis/Qualley are already revealed (or leaked). 2 more left if this is it.

If he means getting input and collab'ing with Directors he likes in the horror genre for each Episode in OD (7 of them in total?), then it's most probably Del Toro/Refn/Flanagan/J.J.Abrams, a couple of others revealed later and finally, himself? Is this the reason he's frequently travelling around the world recently going by his Socials?

Top Bottom