• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incredible Assassin's Creed Fan Art Makes Me Hope The Next Entry Goes To China

Yes! I truly hope they can keep the dirty moneygrabbing mittens off and not make AssCreed 3 Brotherhood and Relevations this time but go straight to a new era and location. China would be great.

fernoca

Artwork looks incredible. But gaming wise, I don't know. I mean it cool be really cool, but one thing of the AC games I've liked and the same devs has stated is that they're trying to use settings that hasn't been used much in games. Unlike China, Japan were there has bene games with similar looks, places. Same way many would love one in Japan simply to use and see samurais and swords; or ninjas and stuff.

The recent one in America may've been boring to others, but I enjoyed it (a lot) simply because the setting was relatively fresh compared to the usual World War or feudal Japan that many want or expect.

But I'll be there anyway. Like the series a lot..unless the game completely sucks. :p

Midou

Would love for a Vita title or something in that setting, but maybe not a full game. Really want them to explore other major european cities for future major entries.

coughlanio

Not really sure how they could work it into the story with Desmond (Granted, I haven't played III, no spoilers please) because of the fact he doesn't look Asian?

Maybe it could be a western assassin in Asia, but that's a bit too "Last Samurai" for my liking..

If they're going to do one in Japan it should be during the Meiji Restoration.

Imagine some Rouroni Kenshin type shit, toned down obviously, but mixed in with some Ass creed goodness?

Playing as the Oniwanbanshu?

Yes!

iNvid02

saw these a few days ago, seems like there are some new ones thrown in there - the swords one is amazing.

still want victorian london though. maybe they'll come to their senses after they do french rev this year (i think)

victorian.jpg

Midou

Don't worry, it's not going to happen.

Ubi are smarter than that, they will choose an historical period that people are actually interested in be involved in.

With their poor execution of the American Revolution, not sure where the faith is in ubisoft being that smart about anything.

I would very much prefer Haytham goes to London or some kind of French Revolution one next, but it isn't like Ninja/Samurai type games aren't popular.

Lesath

This.

How such an interesting and dramatical setting was left behind always baffles me...

Well, AC3 hinted that the next entry would likely take place in revolutionary France. I'd certainly hope Ubi considers China for the installment after that, though.

Much better than dull as shit American revolution.

I thought the setting was great but the storyline was executed poorly.

Here's hoping we even get a new numbered entry and not another spinoff.
However, if they do a spinoff I wouldn't mind a game centered around Haytham's character. He was a lot more interesting than Connor...

Now that their story is finished, I wouldn't mind them releasing an AC game set in a vastly different era every two or three years. From China to Victorian London to ancient Egypt to Russia, would be awesome.

I like that AC tried to go to colonial New England, but I'd love to see old China too, it could just work so well. You've basically got everything the game needs and evrything would fit into the existing mechanics.

Uuuuuhhh....

That's like... Fake China. The art is even more exaggerated than Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

The real "ancient" China is like mostly farmers and farmland. Who needs assassins when floods do more damage.

The American Revolution is a fresh setting, it wasn't executed well though. There are bunch of games on Feudal Japan, dunno why so many people want that.

Xanathus

I don't really have much faith in Ubi coming up with an interesting and creative setting for AC now that the creative lead Patrice Désilets is gone. It's really obvious that they struggled to figure out where to take the story and settings after he left after AC2. Maybe they'll grab him back now that THQ is finished.

diamount

Banned
These look like ancient China, which was very isolationist until the 20th century.. so how would they have any contact with the Creed.

Fredrik

They should drop the AC theme and just use the climbing and jumping mechanics and make a new ninja game instead

These look like ancient China, which was very isolationist until the 20th century.. so how would they have any contact with the Creed.

Marco Polo came up a few times in the Ezio games. I never watched it but IIRC from what people said there was a chinese assassin that old Ezio was mentoring in Embers (an animated movie connected to Revelations).

-GOUKI-

Don't worry, it's not going to happen.

Ubi are smarter than that, they will choose an historical period that people are actually interested in be involved in.

Then I hope Ubi are dumb by opinion. Feudal China is far more interesting than Feudal Europe. While I like Assassin's creed, it's been taking place in the same sort of environments. Asian buildings and environments would make the game far more diverse.

Platy

Why something like china and japan ?

There are lots of games there .... India, Russia or even South America are much more awesome.

Also, no actual time stuff please ... i'm praying for it to be dead with 3 and now focus on more period only

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ubi seems like they try to be fairly historically accurate with their depictions of environments and characters. There's obviously some embellishment, but that fan-art is pure fantasy China. It wouldn't fit with the series.

-GOUKI-

Wasn't there some big name in AC development that said feudal Japan style wouldn't work? What was his reason?

I think he said their wouldn't be enough buildings with rooftops for assassins to hide. That's Japan though. Some of you should read more about China's history.

Uuuuuhhh....

That's like... Fake China. The art is even more exaggerated than Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

The real "ancient" China is like mostly farmers and farmland. Who needs assassins when floods do more damage.

It boggles my mind how little people know about China and its history. It's one of the world's oldest civilizations. There has been big cities in China for thounsands of years.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
London or Paris are the two places I want most, to me they are two cities that would perfectly work in an Assassin's Creed setting, street layouts, architecture from a couple hundred years ago, it would all work so brilliantly.
Personally I found America in AC3 to be pretty darn boring, the Frontier was a nice change of pace but otherwise was easily the most boring location in an AC game.

Going from Venice to Florence in AC2 was such a change and it all looked so fantastic and alive, even the little cities in between. If you stuck me in the middle of Boston or New York without telling me I wouldn't know which is which, and there really wasn't anything interesting to looking at in the cities

I would love a game with that setting and/or art.

Unfortunately we all know that the next AC will most likely be set during World War 1 somewhere in Europe... That would be a boring setting.. :/
I want to see more exotic / unusual (as in not covered to death in videogames) settings and locations.

Sentenza

If I could care even remotely about the Assassin's Creed franchise I would definitely be a fan of this idea.
Wuxiapian-style assassinations FTW.

-GOUKI-

Uuuuuhhh....

...Dude are you serious? There's farmland in every single country. Beijing was the largest city on earth between the 15th and 18th centuries.

Top Bottom