• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incredible Assassin's Creed Fan Art Makes Me Hope The Next Entry Goes To China

Makes me wish there was a different IP used to make this kind of game, that is unless Ubisoft got rid off the Animus once and for all from Assasins Creed XD.
At least they can make up events then, but then again China does have plenty of history to explore into.
As for a setting this is fine, but I would not want another Assasins Creed where guns are prominent for the era, shooting felt terrible on AC3.

Makes me wish there was a different IP used to make this kind of game, that is unless Ubisoft got rid off the Animus once and for all from Assasins Creed XD.
At least they can make up events then, but then again China does have plenty of history to explore into.
As for a setting this is fine, but I would not want another Assasins Creed where guns are prominent for the era, shooting felt terrible on AC3.

I rather liked the reloading musket gun over the semi automatic guns of the italian renaissance...oh wait...

but, in a video game, having to take 5 seconds to reload a gun is probably tedious more than exciting unless its intended to be a strategic weapon for specific uses.

Rubius

As long as they don't copy COD and make it near future with zombies.

Could be a cool concept. Having Voodoo zombies or something. Assassin Creed did have Zombies who were people with Lobotomy. And using the Holy Grail, who have magical power, they were able to control humans and turn them into zombies.

Respawn

Banned
Ignorant? where. Are you sure the team could do a nearly perfect recreation of an important Chinese city dring that era, just like they did with the italian ones? Or would it be a half assed job like they did in AC1 and 3 becuase they were not enough important buildings around. Please convince me otherwise.
But please, find me real art of that era in china where you can see real cities so I can see if they can do a good recreation of them.
The art showed in the OP just looks like Chinese fantasy videogame setting nº 57. Its good art, but its as generic chinese architecture as it gets.

Dont you wish someone brings here real media of an important Chinese city during 1600-1800?
BTW You are also pretty ignorant wanting MercurySteam doing something like the recreation of a Chinese city. Because I can tell you that right now they have absolute no idea. Oh, but your avatar indicates me that anything done by "Kojima productions" would be good in your eyes.
But please, continue pretending im an idiot while any of you bring what I asked in my post, and how that wouldnt make a game like AC1 or 3.

Dude grow a pair. You assume to much from an avatar. Your comment was ignorant, don't try and butter it up. My wish for the production of the game is a wish and Ill stick by it.

Replicant

I'd take China, Japan, Russia, or France. Definitely not buying at all if the next game set in the US again. That was boring beyond belief.

Dude grow a pair. You assume to much from an avatar. Your comment was ignorant, don't try and butter it up. My wish for the production of the game is a wish and Ill stick by it.
You know why I replied you, becuase it was your comment that was ignorant and disrepctful, not even you werent talking directly to myself, you and LiK still havent adressed why my comment was ignorant, but are treating my opinion as a joke.

I explained myself why I found boring if an AC would be done in China, but the only thing you and LiK have said is that its ignorant without explaining why it was. Butter it up? no, im still waiting for all that info of how to make a good recreation of any important chinese city during 1600-1800, that feels as good as the italian city recreations in 2 and BH.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'd take China, Japan, Russia, or France. Definitely not buying at all if the next game set in the US again. That was boring beyond belief.

I love the US setting. I love exploring colonial Boston and the frontier. I love being inserted in the different events. It's awesome. Once is enough, I don't want to do it again, but this is great.

So, different strokes I guess.

Takuan

That art is magnificent. I've yet to play an AC game, but I'd be interested in this if it were a real thing.

Great art. I find it funny that now people think Assassin's Creed is bad. The first game was utter trash, but it took 3 games for people to realize it sucks?

forbidden-city3.jpg

This ain't enough roofs for people? wat.

Omni

I think Ubi has said that they wouldn't do Asia since it's too boring and predictable. They may have just been referring directly to Japan and ninjas though.

Where's that image with a bunch of fanmade assassins like the cowboy, Egyptian, etc? Those were all awesome.

Re: The Art in the OP
Did they just do full preproduction concepts as fanart? I don't think I've ever seen that much themed fanart in one style by one person before.

And they thought that America wasn't? Wow.

UrbanRats

After ACIII i think almost anything will be better than Revolution NY and Boston.
I would love France revolution, but this would be interesting, too.

More importantly though, is they should adjust the navigation to wherever they decide to set it.

Also let's consider that if they keep the "I]one title per year formula[/I]", they'll want to reuse a LOT of assets from ACIII so they can't stray too much from it.

Yottamole

Banned
Ignorant? where. Are you sure the team could do a nearly perfect recreation of an important Chinese city dring that era, just like they did with the italian ones? Or would it be a half assed job like they did in AC1 and 3 becuase they were not enough important buildings around. Please convince me otherwise.
But please, find me real art of that era in china where you can see real cities so I can see if they can do a good recreation of them.
The art showed in the OP just looks like Chinese fantasy videogame setting nº 57. Its good art, but its as generic chinese architecture as it gets.

Dont you wish someone brings here real media of an important Chinese city during 1600-1800?
BTW You are also pretty ignorant wanting MercurySteam doing something like the recreation of a Chinese city. Because I can tell you that right now they have absolute no idea. Oh, but your avatar indicates me that anything done by "Kojima productions" would be good in your eyes.
But please, continue pretending im an idiot while any of you bring what I asked in my post, and how that wouldnt make a game like AC1 or 3.
Well, Ubisoft does have a very large studio in Shanghai, so their development team can definitely go on location to find actual buildings that are still standing today built hundreds and thousands of years ago.
No kidding. I don't know why people keep saying "we've seen too many games set in China!" as if the countless Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the Three Kingdoms games are the standard. I'm sorry but those games never stepped beyond the boundary years of 100-300 CE. If that.

There's still 2,000 years of history lying there.
There are actually quite a few Chinese computer games that cover up important historical events, unfortunately most of them are only available in Chinese.
Is that actual gameplay?! That shit looks sick!
I believe so. The element of Qingong is an important aspect to gameplay for that MMO, according to the video.

I think Ubi has said that they wouldn't do Asia since it's too boring and predictable. They may have just been referring directly to Japan and ninjas though.

Just Alex Hutchinson (Creative director of AC3) said that, AFAIK. He also said an AC game set during WW2 would be cool I think. I don't agree with that.

I think there's a big chance for a AC game set in China. Shao Jun appeared in AC Embers for a reason, and was mentioned in AC3 (she created the rope dart). She might be our first mainline female Assassin. Maybe for Assassin's Creed 4?

conman

The series needs a lengthy break. It's lost its way.

Then we can start fantasizing about where it will go next.

EVOL 100%

Sorry, I was under the assumption that Taekwondo is the most prominent unarmed martial art to come out of Korea. I just figured it would be a neat way to allow for a stylistic flair for the unarmed and hidden blade weapon options. Of course, if they bothered with a Korean AC, I'm certain they'd incorporate the weapons you mentioned too.

Nothing to be sorry about, haha. It's Korea's own fault at being lousy in promoting ourselves.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope this guy is secretly working for Ubi and that IS actual concept art for the next AC game.

I hope this guy is secretly working for Ubi and that IS actual concept art for the next AC game.

The amount of work is insane. He's either a true fan. or a guy looking for a job. Or both haha. Either way, he made a very good publicity stunt here. Ubi should hire him and make him art director for ACC (Ass Creed China)

Sorry, I was under the assumption that Taekwondo is the most prominent unarmed martial art to come out of Korea. I just figured it would be a neat way to allow for a stylistic flair for the unarmed and hidden blade weapon options. Of course, if they bothered with a Korean AC, I'm certain they'd incorporate the weapons you mentioned too.

Taekwondo is based on martial art but is invented by a general after the Korean War. It's 60 years old.

Just Alex Hutchinson (Creative director of AC3) said that, AFAIK. He also said an AC game set during WW2 would be cool I think. I don't agree with that.

I think there's a big chance for a AC game set in China. Shao Jun appeared in AC Embers for a reason, and was mentioned in AC3 (she created the rope dart). She might be our first mainline female Assassin. Maybe for Assassin's Creed 4?

I think it's part of the extended universe but I would be very very interested in a Western take on China. Sleeping Dogs proved that it can be done by a western dev in good taste.

Shao Jun is a great character and the setting is very applicable to the AC style of play.

Then again I really liked the extended universe stuff with Alex Cross and the Russian setting (Rasputin is a great villain in the AC:lore) but sadly that probably won't go past comic book territory

Top Bottom