• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous anime episodes

daveo42

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Bokurano. The entire thing.

Elfen Lied where the group of little boys torture a puppy. To say I was enraged would be an understatement. I even tried to tell myself to calm down because it wasn't real. My anger was real though.

Piers

Digimon Adventure.

Transforming monsters are rad, they want to protect their friends. Then Tai goes and forces Agumon to reach new heights of power because he's too impatient for Episode 25 to air.
skullgreymon.jpg

Horrifying.

Tenchi Muyo: The Night Before the Carnival.

Just everything in this one episode just made the tenchi series stand out.

LilE0Xr.png

Ryoko's watching tenchi all night is just perfect to start off the episode.

tRulKY0.png

Washu constantly asking Ayeka to be called "little washu"

RLUOctu.png

Ryoko getting confused and asking what "comics for girls" are and seeing if she can get Tenchi to love her earth style, we all know how that will turn out!

lfU4ks1.png

A Ryo-Ohki scene with Ayeka starts of serene while putting in the seed she got from Washu thinking it's a carrot

7rAt79H.png

"The angel of mercy" 'nuff said about this scene, it just steals the show for me.

The english dub is perfect for this episode as i watched this version, it just felt like the perfect episode for me

pbayne

Now I recall, Mawaru Penguindrum episode 8 is very infamous. Well, almost every episode is infamous, but this was something else when was broadcasted.
Thank god Ringo grew up and she turn the best character in the show.

Id say the a more overlooked episode that was pretty eh (14 or 15? i think)
would be when its pretty much implied that Yuri rapes/or at least attempts to rape Ringo and then the characters basically just drop it.

Like, most of Now and Then, Here and There. The whole premise is hard enough to deal with but man the show just keeps going for it.

It's been awhile since I've seen it but I think around Episode 6 it gets extremely rough.

Aizo

Banned
That moment in Laws of Eternity where not Hitler and not Nietzsche fight God Eagle with a weird elephant monster.
Code:
[IMG]http://www.colonydrop.com/media/blogs/main/images/eternity/godisdead.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xNc6A.jpg[/IMG]

Somebody post funnier images. I feel like I'm not doing it justice.

asagami_

Banned
Id say the a more overlooked episode that was pretty eh (14 or 15? i think)
would be when its pretty much implied that Yuri rapes/or at least attempts to rape Ringo and then the characters basically just drop it.

Oh that too, and as well the
Yuri backstory episode <_<
Honestly Ikuhara animes tend to have many episodes with a shock value moment, but the balance between tragedy and surreal humor helps a lot. That is why I don't like so much Yuri Kuma Arashi, it lacks honest funny moments.

Lucumo

Bokurano. The entire thing.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the thread though. But yeah, it had some pretty great scenes.

Elfen Lied where the group of little boys torture a puppy. To say I was enraged would be an understatement. I even tried to tell myself to calm down because it wasn't real. My anger was real though.

059b6bb7b075a202d62d066d30258e4c.gif

I'm sure they didn't regret it.
6d5135f25bc9d2914edd713aab9323e81223825329_full.jpg

Also that scene in Hellsing Ultimate where they show what happened to Seras' parents.
I don't even remember that. But wouldn't it rather be the episode in which they attack London?

BabyEating_5609.jpg

Present Day.... Heh heh.. PRESENT TIME

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Serial Experiments Lain, like what the opening line in the OP says "And you don't seem to understand..." I still don't understand this show.

I wouldn't call it Infamous but everything from
episode four to the final episode
is so fucking weird

the first real death in One Piece (spoilers from the Summit War Saga)

dcbbd694a6ffff390fd32cc90d5fb326.jpg

58efc69bc2c94a6a73121fd7a95d2470.jpg

I cried when I saw the episode. Like flowing tears cried. That shit was so sad.

An easy episode is the one when Krillin died with Frieza said, "Pop Goes The Wiesel"

Iconic episode and probably one the best fights in the series

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It probably isn't famous or infamous in any way, but I was absolutely shocked at Adventure of Sinbad's episode 3.

The first two episodes are pretty boring already, but things go completely off-rails in the last 20 seconds in a way that I honestly never thought possible.

StoneFox

Okay, so I don't watch Haruhi but can anyone confirm if I was having a fever dream years ago? I recall that Haruhi got a season where they just repeated the same episode over and over for like 10 weeks where the only difference was the clothing the characters wore. Like some kind of fucked time loop. I saw reactions on MAL forums from memory but I honestly don't know if my brain made it up. I think that would be a pretty infamous troll if real.

Okay, so I don't watch Haruhi but can anyone confirm if I was having a fever dream years ago? I recall that Haruhi got a season where they just repeated the same episode over and over for like 10 weeks where the only difference was the clothing the characters wore. Like some kind of fucked time loop. I saw reactions on MAL forums from memory but I honestly don't know if my brain made it up. I think that would be a pretty infamous troll if real.
You didn't imagine it, it's called Endless Eight. I ended up skipping it, lost patience.

SOLDIER

I need to watch Madoka

Yes you should. It deserves all the praise and then some.

It was already mentioned, but I can't remember the last time I've seen a series drop the ball so hard as Kado: The Right Answer.

It is literally "Poochy died on the way to his home planet".

I don't know if it's infamous since no one seems to talk about the show anymore

but like episodes 10-11 but more so 11 (hell almost all of the second arc) of Umineko When They Cry were so bleak

but of course we find out the reason for it but it really fucked me up at the time lol

I had no idea what was happening

SOLDIER

Psycho Pass S2 kinda went into the shitter and most of what I remember are those Pizza Hut memes.

The entirety of S2 was so confoundingly awful that I still haven't mustered up the tolerance to see the movie.

I know people swear it's back to S1 levels of good, but just the thought of seeing a certain character again for even five minutes is too much to stomach.

I don't even remember that. But wouldn't it rather be the episode in which they attack London?

Erm... Hellsing spoiler:
burglars shoot her mother and then start raping her corpse, shoot Seras when she intervenes and resume necrophilia.

Not the same scale, maybe, but a very, very different tone, especially given the way the Nazi lieutenant is butchering her at the time.

LotusHD

Banned
The entirety of S2 was so confoundingly awful that I still haven't mustered up the tolerance to see the movie.

I know people swear it's back to S1 levels of good, but just the thought of seeing a certain character again for even five minutes is too much to stomach.

The movie is not S1 good. It's okay.

SalvaPot

1471518730301kop3i.png

1471520014997ofq6w.jpg

bRTpuSB.png

Ash's most recent failure to capture a Pokemon League win is a good candidate for this. The fact that so many people actually bought in and thought that Ash was gonna turn it around after damn near 2 decades of being a goober is sad, but the resultant GAF salt thread was incredible.

Also, I just want to remind Hyperactivity and SalvaPot again that they STILL owe me those Best Wishes reviews from our bet.

I made 10 of them, hyper is the one who has been slacking.

Fj0823

Evangelion episodes 25 and 26

And an answer with the actual definition of infamous would be Dragon Ball Super episode 5.

The only absolutes in the universe are death, taxes, and GAF being so, so fucking bad at labeling their screen caps.

But one knows this series will screw your mind from the beginning.

Now here is something no one mentioned....a sex scene out of nowhere

mezzo.jpg

I mean, it's marketed as hentai, so I wouldn't really call it out of nowhere...

As it was airing, Endless Eight was one of the most hilarious things I've seen happen to the anime community. It may have killed Haruhi's popularity but damn the reactions week over week were something special.

The best part was people guessing it would be 2 episodes, then 3 episodes, then 4 episodes - no one could believe they'd actually push it to 8 whole episodes as it was happening. I was way more entertained by people reacting to it than I was frustrated by the story repetition.

Top Bottom