• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Kalor

I've had some Internet issues over the last couple of days so that's why I barely posted during the day. I should be more active from this point on.

When I was catching up Dusk, AB and Flame were the three people that stuck out but now two of them are dead so I'd have to look at those interactions again.

Time and AB are weird choices. I wouldnt go after the other lynch candidate when town could always just go for them later. Maybe they wanted to incriminate CCS since they were frequently brought up with AB and Dusk. I think the mafia would go for Time and the other kill was from a neutral.

SkyOdin

Okay, I wasn't expecting to have two kills tonight when the vigilante was lynched yesterday. I concur with cabot that AB wasn't likely to be a scum kill. If we still had a vigilante, I would have guessed it was a vig kill against someone they thought was scum.

Two possibilities stand out:
1) A serial killer targeted AB because they thought he would be overlooked by protective roles, not realizing that AB was the doctor.
2) Someone, somehow, figured out that AB was a PR and eliminated him for that reason.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
This changes everything. We now have some solid evidence to go on. Time to look back on every conversation these individuals had.

Flame_AC

I don’t think as scum you’d kill the second in contention lynch option, so thats probably the not-scum kill.
Time seems like the not related to anything option, though he wasnt appearing as town very much.
I will say this, batkawl you’re not gonna last long now as the doctor’s dead.

Disagree. I think batsnacks is not a target of the mafia, at least not anytime close to now. Remember, batsnacks' role is known, there's no benefit for scum to take out what is effectively a vanilla town. Sure it narrows down the suspect pool, but they (or these third and fourth and fifth parties) can take them out later.

Also, the killing of AB seems like your typical vig/whatever shooting the second place bandwagon on day 1. We just got unlucky with the role.

Ri'Orius

What's the case against CCS? I've forgotten the reasoning behind it.

He's on my radar because he kind of led the shenanigans at the end of day one. He and SkyOdin seem most responsible for getting us to nearly tie the vote in my view.

Looking back it looks like cabot was opposed to his fluff speculation, and they got into a bit of a snit.

Disagree. I think batsnacks is not a target of the mafia, at least not anytime close to now. Remember, batsnacks' role is known, there's no benefit for scum to take out what is effectively a vanilla town. Sure it narrows down the suspect pool, but they (or these third and fourth and fifth parties) can take them out later.

Also, the killing of AB seems like your typical vig/whatever shooting the second place bandwagon on day 1. We just got unlucky with the role.

He said "batkawl," referring to batsnacks and Kawl collectively. snacks is a known non-PR, but Kawl is a confirmed town who may have a power, and thus seems like a pretty ideal target for scum.

Flame_AC

He said "batkawl," referring to batsnacks and Kawl collectively. snacks is a known non-PR, but Kawl is a confirmed town who may have a power, and thus seems like a pretty ideal target for scum.
Yep. Which is why I only really talked about batsnacks. Agree about Kawl.

Kawl_USC

If you killed ab come forward please. I know you did it out of the goodness of your heart. It's not your fault they were scummy as fuck.

Also we lose here mostly

I'm so dead

Flame_AC

If you killed ab come forward please. I know you did it out of the goodness of your heart. It's not your fault they were scummy as fuck.

Also we lose here mostly

I'm so dead

I would suggest if it was a town / town-aligned person, they should only come forward if they have more utility of some type. Coming forward and then saying they have nothing left to do just narrows the pool of power roles for scum to attack.

batsnacks

the kills don't make sense for sk/mafia, neither should want to resolve the 2 main wagons day 1. need to check all the people Timeaisis and AbsolutBro said were town.

batsnacks

Mafia might assume there's a watcher/tracker considering acohrs the weak cop. Odd targets make sense in that case. idk speculating about this probably gets nothing.

I think Time and ABs town reads all get some town equity regardless though

Kyanrute

Fluff mentions that Kyaaa is no longer alone since there is someone inside Kyaaa's mind! Spooks! But Kyaaa has no links to strange chats or anything like that so Kyaaa thinks there is a reasonable chance he will burst in flames sooner than later!

Kyaaa :(

Kyanrute

Kyaaa also notes that the ghost-person has a good chance to be someone with meta knowledge. After all, Kyaaa is a good target for bad things because he never dies early!

Kyanrute

I have no fucking idea what the game comp is looking like at this point. Two kills when the vigi is dead, them kills landing where they did and then the possession. Makes me kinda wanna to believe that the possession is just a Fruit Vendor -like troll or something but ehh. Two neutrals (arsonist and 2nd kill), the 2nd kill from scum or something completely different...

not enough information

Kyanrute

Initial stance is death to Flame and/or CCS.

CCS, what was that flip-flopping on Cabot? Where do you stand currently?

CCS

Banned
Initial stance is death to Flame and/or CCS.

CCS, what was that flip-flopping on Cabot? Where do you stand currently?

I feel like Cab is scummy. My vote near the start of D1 was a joke, but more and more I feel like he's actually a good lynch target.

cabot

Possession thing is interesting. Currently don't think it's a killing power considering what we've seen.

Not really much to read in choosing kyan either so I shall avoid speculating on it.

cabot

This is the most pathetic getting to 10 I've ever seen

If you mean the final 10th post then sure, otherwise LP was actually being fairly open at day end with his thoughts.

I feel like Cab is scummy. My vote near the start of D1 was a joke, but more and more I feel like he's actually a good lynch target.

Started as a joke, still don't really scum read you but more so than I do either Dusk or AB

Hmm.

Now knowing that it was town v town yesterday, it's a good idea to see who voted where. I'm curious about the votes outside the pair the most.

OA, Zipped, TheG, Zeusy, Blarg are the ones who voted outside of dusk/AB.

TheG wasn't here, Zipped disappeared after unvoting flame when he threatened to claim, Blarg ??????, Zeusy was trying to understand how the game works, OA scumread CCS.

cabot

I was annoyed how D1 went down at day end anyway, Dusk was fine as a target, AB never showed up and was still in contention. I was hoping he would turn up eventually and give us something to work with.

I was less sure of AB vs Dusk, but AB had gone awol for half the day and I really dislike lynching inactives who say nothing when pressure is on. I switched to Dusk partly because of this as well as my vote opening up a clear gap to solidify a lynch happening.

Ri, why is trying to tie the vote looking scummy to you?

cabot

the kills don't make sense for sk/mafia, neither should want to resolve the 2 main wagons day 1. need to check all the people Timeaisis and AbsolutBro said were town.

why wouldn't this make sense for a sk? could be a well intentioned SK who chose first kill to help out town, but in effect has helped out scum.

No reason for scum to chase them yet when they helped them.

Time is maybe a good guess for seer, that's my initial thought.

what's a seer in this instance?

cabot

I would suggest if it was a town / town-aligned person, they should only come forward if they have more utility of some type. Coming forward and then saying they have nothing left to do just narrows the pool of power roles for scum to attack.

does anyone think this kill was a town aligned power ? considering we flipped dusk, a 1-shot vigi?

I say town motivated, but not town aligned.

Kyanrute

Town Paranoid Gun Owner shoot bang bang poor AB who just wanted to play doctor :(

Neutral something with powers of murderererererrr + n, n = something.

Scum additional kill.

Neutral >= Town > Scum imo.

cabot

Town Paranoid Gun Owner shoot bang bang poor AB who just wanted to play doctor :(

Neutral something with powers of murderererererrr + n, n = something.

Scum additional kill.

Neutral >= Town > Scum imo.

you mentioned Flame and CCS,

feelings on OA?

cabot

Out of all three players I had on my scum reads, only CCS is left.

are you implying we hit CCS or your reads are terrible and we leave him alone?

giphy.gif

Kyanrute

you mentioned Flame and CCS,

feelings on OA?

OA inhabits the "I dunno"-category with Bronx.

After consulting the superbreaddocument.txt, I'll add isaac and Zipped to the list of persons of suspicion. Well, not really add since they already were there, just that my focus on them dropped somewhat towards the end of d1. Re-reading things sometime today I guess.

Kyanrute

But I could see OA's CCS vote being one of them "lol townies in the lead, I'll stay the fuck out of this mess" scum votes. Need to check if there was much thought behind that in his earlier posts.

cabot

Also worth examining who planted a vote on Dusk/AB and never changed.

This gives us isaac, voted and had this curious exchange:

VOTE: Dusk Soldier

Yeah, why not.

bah bah little sheepnuke

hah

kidding

or am i

I ain't no sheep. I am a wolf.

Or am I?

He did very little since, something I brought up in post #729, to which he responds:

When in doubt, vote the noob out!

and was never seen again.

VOTE: isaacnukem

Kyanrute

Ya know, I ain't against OA becoming a corpse right now. Day one he suspected CCS and talked meta and mechanics. Need to check how CCS interacted with OA to get a feel which one of them should die first.

*Splinter

Possession thing is interesting. Currently don't think it's a killing power considering what we've seen.

Not really much to read in choosing kyan either so I shall avoid speculating on it.
Lover did you possess Kyan? You have to tell me if you did.

Kyanrute

What I gather there is no real interaction between CCS and OA, OA just suspects CCS for various valid reasons. While OA ain't the towniest town to ever town, I wouldn't hesitate to pick CCS over him.

*Splinter

Also we lose here mostly

I'm so dead
😑

I'm not expecting another (multi shot) vig, but don't come forward unless you think it's a good idea for some reason.

Top Bottom