• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

isaacnukem (2)
WaffleTaco 1724
Zippedpinhead 1802

cabot (1)
Blargonaut 1733 1791
Kyanrute 1747

Ri'Orius (1)
Kalor 1699

Kyanrute (1)
Blargonaut 1794

Bronx-Man (1)
cabot 1700

No active vote for Day 3: *Splinter, Bronx-Man, Flame_AC, isaacnukem, Kawl_USC, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, Ri'Orius, SkyOdin, Swamped, Zeusy

Day 3 Postcount: *Splinter 17, Blargonaut 36, Bronx-Man 3, cabot 29, Flame_AC 5, isaacnukem 9, Kalor 6, Kawl_USC 3, Kyanrute 10, Lone_Prodigy 2, OceanicAir 1, Ri'Orius 7, SkyOdin 3, Swamped 3, WaffleTaco 6, Zeusy 4, Zippedpinhead 7

Day 3 ends:
pin_1502661600.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Kawl_USC

But he would've caught scum in that case
At which point we are at his behest because he would fully understand it's death by mafia if he plays along with us and death by town if he doesn't. At no point does counting on a cornered neutral to choose us is the right call. Not to mention we clearly have another killing role stomping around, so it could end up they don't even find scum even with another kill surfacing.

Kawl_USC

What exactly is your post-CCS plan, Kawl?
Continue to play the game of mafia (real life allowing) without a convoluted witchness. I'll die soon, it's the nature of being publicly cleared town.

But yea I mean yea we aren't in a great spot my dude. I've been pretty clear on that. Unfortunately ccs could have just made it worse upon his clarifications. Especially dodging the self targeting question which I don't believe he didn't receive an answer from melon regarding.

At which point we are at his behest because he would fully understand it's death by mafia if he plays along with us and death by town if he doesn't. At no point does counting on a cornered neutral to choose us is the right call. Not to mention we clearly have another killing role stomping around, so it could end up they don't even find scum even with another kill surfacing.

Hence why CCS attempted to play both sides Yesterday with his Kyan/cabot/Absbro fake-out. It was up to us to decipher that and we failed, hence why it's resulted pro-scum instead of pro-Town

And where was the N1 extra killer, last Night? Lol

No narrative so far explains both CCS AND that, except mine.

Ri'Orius

Hence why CCS attempted to play both sides Yesterday with his Kyan/cabot/Absbro fake-out. It was up to us to decipher that and we failed, hence why it's resulted pro-scum instead of pro-Town

And where was the N1 extra killer, last Night? Lol

No narrative so far explains both CCS AND that, except mine.

This isn't some two-bit crime procedural. We shouldn't be looking for one narrative that wraps everything up nicely. We could be looking at a master plan executed by CCS, but we could also be looking at CCS derping around and a serial killer or JOAT, or even another vig.

Heck, you want another twisty narrative that draws correlations between seemingly unrelated clues? We've got a serial killer out there, who hit AB on N1. N2 he (or she--I'm lookin' at you, Waffle) went after cabot, again trying to go for a pro-Town night kill. But the SK missed, because cabot's "x-shot, no wait odd-day commuter" was a double-bluff. He's actually an x-shot and pulled that stunt hoping to draw fire.

scum!Kyan is an interesting theory, and I'm almost willing to jump on that wagon... but don't kid yourself Blarg. It's only a theory (in the laymen's sense, not the scientific sense, something something evolution).

SkyOdin

You know...

CCS was yesterday's lynch. There is little point arguing back and forth about whether or not killing CCS was the right choice, unless it is in pursuit of scum. Now, I am under no illusion that everyone who disagrees with me is scum. So I don't think that the people who wanted to spare CCS are scum just because of that fact.

If we are going to keep talking about the CCS lynch, I hope we can move past arguing about whether we should or shouldn't have lynched him, and instead see if we can sniff out the scum who were hiding amongst the townies arguing in good faith.

SkyOdin

And why on earth are people so utterly convinced that CCS lied about the target of the action he tried to redirect? I understand that people are rightfully skeptical of cabot's claim, but why presume that Kyanrute actually possesses a killing power that offed AbsolutBro? Is there any evidence for this outside of wild "what-if"s?

This isn't some two-bit crime procedural. We shouldn't be looking for one narrative that wraps everything up nicely. We could be looking at a master plan executed by CCS, but we could also be looking at CCS derping around and a serial killer or JOAT, or even another vig.

Heck, you want another twisty narrative that draws correlations between seemingly unrelated clues? We've got a serial killer out there, who hit AB on N1. N2 he (or she--I'm lookin' at you, Waffle) went after cabot, again trying to go for a pro-Town night kill. But the SK missed, because cabot's "x-shot, no wait odd-day commuter" was a double-bluff. He's actually an x-shot and pulled that stunt hoping to draw fire.

scum!Kyan is an interesting theory, and I'm almost willing to jump on that wagon... but don't kid yourself Blarg. It's only a theory (in the laymen's sense, not the scientific sense, something something evolution).

Why would an SK gun for a Commuter claimant? And they call my script silly

No way would a killer waste their time attacking a claimed Commuter

impossible

oh I'm not talking about CCS for nothing, Sky. It all leads to Kyan and cabot being scum

I also bet the ENTIRE scum team was voting against CCS Yesterday. That 10-majority was too easy for just Town to have been involved.

My suspect choices are backed up by their voting patterns Yesterday, and by my scatter analysis too.

No one has thought about this more than I have

And why on earth are people so utterly convinced that CCS lied about the target of the action he tried to redirect? I understand that people are rightfully skeptical of cabot's claim, but why presume that Kyanrute actually possesses a killing power that offed AbsolutBro? Is there any evidence for this outside of wild "what-if"s?

Circumstance, we got nothing else

At least, that's what I think it's called

Coincidence?

You wanna know the truth? I had an avocado-&-peanut-butter sandwich for breakfast this morning

crunchy, not smooth

A bit too rich and heavy but it works

The crunchiness broke up the paste-like monotony

Kyanrute

If CCS' goal is to survive and if he has chosen to lie, meaning if the lie is found out he dies, why does he claim a neutral, what is pretty much equal to a death sentence?

*Splinter

I considered this earlier, but I think it was shut down when Cabot said this:
Sure, killing me makes sense from his perspective, I brought him into the limelight (in fairness, Splinter was the first person to react to his reaction back in D1), but because of his alignment and role, and the fact we don't have 2 NKs this night, we can't discount the theory that CCS lied about targeting me.

I feel that CCS in your tale takes up many forms, all at the same time. He realizes that killing a doctor would make him look bad, but does not realize the same about his claim.

A powerful yet uncharismatic individual seeking redemption from the public he scorns, through the only way he knows how? That's a character

cabot

Why would you do it as a neutral or as town? It doesn't make sense at all, it makes the least sense as town. Now isaacnukem could be neutral, you do have a point there. But I'm sticking to my guns, I think isaacnukem is scum.

Isaacnukem is scum because hes does something that doesn't make sense.

I ask to clarify and give me a reason why you'd do what he did as scum:

No answer I give you will ever be enough. Done playing this game with you. This is my final response to this as I feel we are running circles. I've explained that, in my mind, his actions make no sense. It makes the least amount of sense as town, because it's blatantly being mistrustful, spreading misinformation and not being pro town. Out of the two remaining alignments, I think spreading misinformation is more scum aligned , so he is scum.

Scum Isaac gives that list because he wants to cause trouble, which he is succeeding at based on our rambling on about it.

I will not because fuck you basically.

:|

cabot

zipped, isaacs list just brings him into the limelight cause it doesn't make a lick of sense.

All game (aside from the very start) he's just been turning up to post sentences. That's all I can describe.

Sentences.

Do you not think he'd at least try a bit to join in and be a player if he were scum?

Continue to play the game of mafia (real life allowing) without a convoluted witchness. I'll die soon, it's the nature of being publicly cleared town.

But yea I mean yea we aren't in a great spot my dude. I've been pretty clear on that. Unfortunately ccs could have just made it worse upon his clarifications. Especially dodging the self targeting question which I don't believe he didn't receive an answer from melon regarding.
If CCS really wanted to make himself useful to town and was already committed to lying then he could have easily said that he could make mafia self-target.

I'm also inclined to believe that something stopped a second kill yesterday than CCS lying about making Kyan attack cabot. Especially since we've only had one night without a second kill.

wow, cabot is a Serial Killer

Mafia Roleblocked him after he had claimed as (Odd Night) Commuter; it was N3 last Night, with no extra kill

Get on my level

zipped, isaacs list just brings him into the limelight cause it doesn't make a lick of sense.

All game (aside from the very start) he's just been turning up to post sentences. That's all I can describe.

Sentences.

Do you not think he'd at least try a bit to join in and be a player if he were scum?
First sentence I can get down with as it seems to be in the spirit of a joke read. There's no possible way I can believe that anybody would forget that bats was always town.

Last sentence, not so much. We have had non-participating/inactive mafia so the amount that they post isn't really relevant. Posting a lot and giving quality content as mafia ia hard stuff and I could completely see some mafia taking a lesser role in the game. That along with the fact that talking a lot puts you in the spotlight would make me lean scum more than anything tbh.

Top Bottom