• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

image.php

aw yeah, avatar quote.

Hello darkness my old friend.

We can all do a barrel roll together!

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
In case anybody is wondering why I taken a while to respond, and sometimes respond from a few pages back...just been a wee bit busier since school started up.

cabot

good luck in your studies.

You know how it goes, if it doesn't go well in school, then you are indeed fucked for the rest of your life forever no takesy backsies.

I'd appreciate answering Splinter's question about specific scum targets as well ...as er.

Homework?

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE

swamped (2)
cabot 2134
zippedpinhead 2208

lone prodigy (1)
skyodin 2138

kyanrute (1)
ri'orius 2139

ri'orius (3)
flame_ac 2143 (2250)
swamped 2168
kalor 2237
kyanrute 2287

cabot (1)
*splinter 2156

waffletaco (1)
bronx-man 2203

zeusy (1)
flame_ac 2250

skyodin (1)
cabot 2285

Day 4 ends:
pin_1503093600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes 2 majority

Flame_AC

I want to say Flame is town. His recent questioning of Zeusy feels town-like. And I can't imagine a mafia openly asking for people's role names/flavors. The possibility does exist that he is a neutral looking for a particular person, but I'm not sure if this ham-fisted way would be the best way to go about it. So leaning town on Flame.

I do think it's weird that OA isn't giving up his name? What's there to lose, we already know what his role is, it's been confirmed by two other players too.
At least one person here thinks I'm town at least. It's certainly possible there is a lyncher in the game, but I think that might be Zeusy, not me.
I think Flame is a PR, but whether he is a useful one remains to be seen.
The main difference is that so far in this game, nobody has claimed to have been recruited, so Flame probably isn't a neutral recruiter.
I remember reading about this since I didn't play in that game, but I am of the opinion that there are more neutrals out there somewhere. I won't address my PR or potential lack thereof.
I could easily see a mafia member ask such questions since it is innocent enough. He doesn't seem to be getting any heat through it so it's not an ineffective or harmful tactic for him.

But really what's there to gain? It's fluffy talk that has absolutely nothing to do with who should be lynched. Town really doesn't gain from such questions. If you believe I'm a gossip, isn't that enough?
Yes, I'm not getting any heat, but people are at least bringing it up ever so often. Like I've said before, there's not really anything to gain from it until suddenly there is, I won't know when that happens, or it might not even be me that gets something useful out of it. I believe you are the gossip, but as someone with no access to it, I have to take your word for it about what's going on in there. For all we know, you and your gossipers could have a huge thread and you've all agreed to say it's not being used much. Me asking about it keeps it in the town conscience and also gives you/others an opportunity to slip up and say something.

cabot

Yes, I'm not getting any heat, but people are at least bringing it up ever so often. Like I've said before, there's not really anything to gain from it until suddenly there is, I won't know when that happens, or it might not even be me that gets something useful out of it. I believe you are the gossip, but as someone with no access to it, I have to take your word for it about what's going on in there. For all we know, you and your gossipers could have a huge thread and you've all agreed to say it's not being used much. Me asking about it keeps it in the town conscience and also gives you/others an opportunity to slip up and say something.

Maybe. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care about a town gossip unless something shattering is revealed, which is unlikely to be revealed here until the endgame.

As a scum though, I could see the case for getting on top of all the chats.

cabot

Bronx' vote on Waffle is probably the most normal thing he's done this game.

He's kind of at the bottom of the scum list because others decided to do their best to overtake, but yeah thats a Bronx thing right there.

So he's like "definitely scum" to "likely scum" right now.

oh so now that I'm back that's when everybody decides to get schooled

Very puny!

Bronx' vote on Waffle is probably the most normal thing he's done this game.

He's kind of at the bottom of the scum list because others decided to do their best to overtake, but yeah thats a Bronx thing right there.

So he's like "definitely scum" to "likely scum" right now.

On your "typically read this person as scum more than not as scum" list. Would you put Bronx higher or lower than me? I know I'm hard to read, so seeing into the read list of others and how they view other hard to reads can help me improve my gameplay.

Flame_AC

swamped what exactly did you expect to get out of just stating you suspect Flame is a PR?
Me killed of course.
Maybe. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care about a town gossip unless something shattering is revealed, which is unlikely to be revealed here until the endgame.
As a scum though, I could see the case for getting on top of all the chats.
Yes, it would also make sense for a neutral to be interested in it. I feel like scum already has an ear in the gossip chat, so my asking about it just gives town some shreds of info.

cabot

Very puny!

On your "typically read this person as scum more than not as scum" list. Would you put Bronx higher or lower than me? I know I'm hard to read, so seeing into the read list of others and how they view other hard to reads can help me improve my gameplay.

You're a blind read, I always see you as scum. Sorry.

cabot

By that I mean, I'd be happy to be out of this game.

Still think you're the more likely scum between Splinter and yourself.

Flame_AC

Please someone tell me four (4) good reasons why we're not burying Mafia!cabot right now.
Not the best reasons I guess, but here:
1. He's town.
2. He keeps discussion flowing, one can argue whether it's always helpful or not, but he's there at least.
3. It's the easy vote and cabot has already seemed kind of defeatist about it. If he were scum, wouldn't there be more of a fight, or even some other members of scum trying to help him out?
4. Not Zeusy

Flame_AC

Regardless, there isn't that big of a point in regretting our past. CCS could have harmed us and now he's dead, whether you think it was a mistake or not doesn't matter now. Yes, some of you might have wanted cabot to go then, but it's too late for that.

cabot

Regardless, there isn't that big of a point in regretting our past. CCS could have harmed us and now he's dead, whether you think it was a mistake or not doesn't matter now. Yes, some of you might have wanted cabot to go then, but it's too late for that.

we have a margin of error, if the majority wants to kill me, there is no real horror to this.

cabot

I'm probably reading way too deep into this, but I don't feel like Cabot would be so desperate to die if he were scum.

It's not desperate, I'll continue playing if I am still alive.

It's frustrating however, because I feel Splinter's opinion will never be changed until I flip.

That's two active players who can't rely on each other in any way. Feels pretty useless.

Flame_AC

we have a margin of error, if the majority wants to kill me, there is no real horror to this.
Yes, I remember your posts about the timeline. I was more referring to the fct that it was too late to replace the CCS lynch with your own as some of them seem to wish to be able to do.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's not desperate, I'll continue playing if I am still alive.

It's frustrating however, because I feel Splinter's opinion will never be changed until I flip.

That's two active players who can't rely on each other in any way. Feels pretty useless.
Why not just ignore him then? Everyone else is doing it and seems to be playing just fine.

cabot

Yes, I remember your posts about the timeline. I was more referring to the fct that it was too late to replace the CCS lynch with your own as some of them seem to wish to be able to do.

then they're idiots. I never regretted lynching CCS, I just acknowledged that scum had every reason to go for his lynch after his flip.

I'd kill CCS again. And again. Again and again and again.

Splinter seems to have decided that I regretted my decision whereas I just accepted he was a problem for scum and he needed gone. Personally, I think flipping me is good because you will find my alignment and therefore my motivation, then you can work from there.

Otherwise, I'll continue.

cabot

Why not just ignore him then? Everyone else is doing it and seems to be playing just fine.

I can ignore him, but the bottom line is, he's in my timezone and active, so having his opinion is fairly useful when I'm awake.

I'm also kind of worried he'll just continue tunneling, he hasn't really done anything this day phase aside for push for killing me, how long does that continue for?

Really, what are you doing?

:/

VOTE: cabot

I can draw a line from THE MAN to every player he's NOT approached with a plea to die for vaingloriously. So many words for so much pain

I thought Sky is Mafia too, yet I'm not about to concur with his accuser after myself

You open up so many convos to the point of being a top post-counter, yet they're all so empty of meaningful leads because every other comma you beg for sweet release. How am I supposed to trust your for-Town info gathering attempts when you deliberately set them up to be handwaved by your talk-targets via merit of self-destructive tendency dismissing the need to meaningfully answer you?

Top Bottom