• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

N30RYU

Gold Member
I just wached a video of the demo in spanish, and once I've heard Cole's voice, I'm glad I pre-ordered it form a UK retailer and I can play it in english...

Damm in spanish his voice is in between a continuous burp and the Emperor Palpatine... come one he's like what 30? Why he sounds like 50 years old?

Here is the youtube link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSxlOzC35Uw

Click

Banned
What do you guys think of this custom cover I made?
A bit too flashy...?

j8z0yh.png

Shurs

Click said:
What do you guys think of this custom cover I made?
A bit too flashy...?

http://i44.tinypic.com/j8z0yh.png[/QUOTE]

I think it's awesome, but it'd be even more awesome if the lightning on the left was blue. Also, if you're making the cover for yourself, do you really need to have the rating on the box?

dralla

N30RYU said:
I just wached a video of the demo in spanish, and once I've heard Cole's voice, I'm glad I pre-ordered it form a UK retailer and I can play it in english...

Damm in spanish his voice is in between a continuous burp and the Emperor Palpatine... come one he's like what 30? Why he sounds like 50 years old?

he sounds like the faun from pans labrynth :lol

Click

Banned
Shurs said:
I think it's awesome, but it'd be even more awesome if the lightning on the left was blue. Also, if you're making the cover for yourself, do you really need to have the rating on the box?

The rating is there to make it more authentic-looking.

The only thing I wanted to do with the design and didn't, was merge both Coles together more. Kinda like half face of both good and evil. But that idea has been done to death recently....

Shurs

Click said:

The only thing I wanted to do with the design and didn't, was merge both Coles together more. Kinda like half face of both good and evil. But that idea has been done to death recently....

What do you do for the side and back of the sleeve?

Click

Banned
Shurs said:
Do you have a template for a full sleeve? I'd love to start making my own as well.

Awesome job.

Thanks.

Nah, I don't have a template. I just took a bunch of images found by searching Google and the good/bad Cole image was obviously from Sucker Punch's website background. The middle lightning was custom made though...

This site might have some templates. I just found it today, looking for images. So it's a new site to me...

http://www.vgboxart.com/
inFAMOUS section

Some guy did an awesome job with his custom version of an inFAMOUS cover:

His thread
Box Art

Shurs

Click said:
Thanks.

Nah, I don't have a template. I just took a bunch of images found by searching Google and the good/bad Cole image was obviously from Sucker Punch's website background. The middle lightning was custom made though...

This site might have some templates. I just found it today, looking for images. So it's a new site to me...
http://www.vgboxart.com/

Some guy did an awesome job with his custom version of an inFAMOUS cover:
His thread
Box Art

Thanks, I've bookmarked that site.

Click said:

I don't really like it, it give the impression that you'll be fighting your evil twin. and remind me a bit to Naruto ninja storm cover

I think it'd be better to have just one figure, and the evil cole as it's shadow. something like have cole in a middle of alleyway on top of wet street and have evil cole show a bit as the reflection. or just use you cover, but make the two figure closer and the evil Cole behind hero Cole and make him more darker and more transparent to show he's some kind of shadow.

Click

Banned
Callibretto said:
I don't really like it, it give the impression that you'll be fighting your evil twin. and remind me a bit to Naruto ninja storm cover

I think it'd be better to have just one figure, and the evil cole as it's shadow. something like have cole in a middle of alleyway on top of wet street and have evil cole show a bit as the reflection. or just use you cover, but make the two figure closer and the evil Cole behind hero Cole and make him more darker and more transparent to show he's some kind of shadow.

Well, the impression I was trying to give is the fact that you can choose to be either good or evil in the game.

Also, every other custom cover I've seen has just 1 Cole, so that'd be boring to just do the same shit as everyone else.

But hey, you're entitled to your opinion.
Try making one yourself...?

N30RYU

Gold Member
Click said:
Well, the impression I was trying to give is the fact that you can choose to be either good or evil in the game.

Also, every other custom cover I've seen has just 1 Cole, so that'd be boring to just do the same shit as everyone else.

What about one looking like the resistance 2 cover?
pick-the-cover-for-resistance-2-collectors-edition-20080825074918662.jpg

Click said:
Well, the impression I was trying to give was the fact that you can choose to be either good or evil in the game.

well I understand your intention, maybe the framing is what I don't like. it give the whole image a very static feel and not that interesting.

how about using this image (the cover, with Cole in symmetrical pose)
23929_infamous.png

and use it to divide the cover into 2 section, in 1 part show the city in a good state, while in the other side the city in broken state. or just show good and evil Cole.

I'll probably try when I have the time. not very good in photoshop though. I'll see if I can make it.

Click

Banned
N30RYU said:
What about one looking like the resistance 2 cover?

LOL, no.
It'd look too weird for this game.

Callibretto said:
well I understand your intention, maybe the framing is what I don't like. it give the whole image a very static feel and not that interesting.

how about using this image (the cover, with Cole in symmetrical pose)

and use it to divide the cover into 2 section, in 1 part show the city in a good state, while in the other side the city in broken state. or just show good and evil Cole.

I'll probably try when I have the time. not very good in photoshop though. I'll see if I can make it.

Like I said already, I thought about doing that.
But the idea has been done to death in many other forms of media / advertisement.
Heck, ESPN did an entire marketing campaign a while ago based on this concept.

Concept17

Click said:
LOL, no.
It'd look too weird for this game.

Like I said already, I thought about doing that.
But the idea has been done to death in many other forms of media / advertisement.
Heck, ESPN did an entire marketing campaign a while ago based on this concept.

About your cover. It works but its far too symmetrical, especially since there are two coles. The two needs some sort of blending, either by making a single cole half evil, half good... or by adding a nice effect between the two. Also, (depends on resources) it would help if each one was in a slightly different pose imo.

beast786

http://games.ign.com/articles/984/984059p1.html

IGN Readers' Most Popular Games

1)Infamous (PS3)

2)BioShock 2 (X360, PS3)

3)Modern Warfare 2 (X360, PS3)

4)Punch-Out!! (Wii)

5)UFC 2009: Undisputed (X360, PS3)

Top Titles in GameFly Customer Queues

1)Infamous (PS3)

2)X-Men Origins: Wolverine (X360, PS3)

3)UFC 2009: Undisputed (X360, PS3)

4)Punch-Out!! (Wii)

5)Terminator: Salvation (X360, PS3)

beast786 said:
http://games.ign.com/articles/984/984059p1.html

IGN Readers' Most Popular Games

1)Infamous (PS3)

2)BioShock 2 (X360, PS3)

3)Modern Warfare 2 (X360, PS3)

4)Punch-Out!! (Wii)

5)UFC 2009: Undisputed (X360, PS3)

Top Titles in GameFly Customer Queues

1)Infamous (PS3)

4)Punch-Out!! (Wii)

Thats great to see. Hopefully the game does well overall. Nice to see Sony doing the theater ads as well.

beast786 said:
1)Infamous (PS3)

4)Punch-Out!! (Wii)

An original property beating out three licensed (whored-out) IPs. Good on ya Gameflyers.

On the other hand... there's three whored-out IPs in that list. :/

Gamefly just notified me UFC is on the way. w00t!

gbus

Is it confirmed that we continental europeans aren't getting the English audio track?

If so which uk retailer is the best to preorder it from?

lupinko

Hmm, going by the HK demo I downloaded, I guess that lacking English voiceovers thing must just be a continental Europe thing.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Who on God's green earth thought it would be a SWELL idea to remove the English speech from continental copies of the game? Bring him before me and I shall royally kick him in the nuts untill they pop out of his nose.

alba

Little is the new Big
Yep, that's a whole lot of stupid right there, glad I'm importing it. They better not make this a trend or I'll be fucking mad.

Strider2K99 said:
It would be awesome if the cover was reversible, one for good side and one for bad side.

May sound silly but normally I find the covers that look different based on how you tilt them cheesy but it would work all to well for a game like this.

kuYuri

MvmntInGrn said:
May sound silly but normally I find the covers that look different based on how you tilt them cheesy but it would work all to well for a game like this.

I'm not talking about holographic or whatever, I mean reversible covers like some games have, can't think of any at the top of my head, but there are a few PS3 games with them.

Lince

Banned
N30RYU said:

painful... Uncharted, Resistance FoM and R&C had excellent Spanish dubs, with quality acting and translations, Killzone 2 was horrible with every line sounding completely overdone and a translation full of mistakes, I wonder if SDL Int. is still a Sony localisation partner, they used to deliver awesome translations.

best Spanish dub ever: "Pero qué coño!" Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

I just got the game, at first I just want to go to the shop just to make sure I got my order and then he said they already got it just today. played for around an hour, the intro is pretty cool. although I just know there will be complaint about animation, especially npc animation when everyone got the game.

after a couple of mission into it, the game change the difficulty to suit your skill. I got changed to hard difficulty after a couple mission, although you can change it back to any difficulty at any time.

Goldrusher

There are in fact THREE builds covering traditional "Sony Europe" territories...

#1 = English, Portuguese, Russian
#2 = French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch
#3 = Polish

We had to do #3 because the OS doesn't yet support polish.

We split #1 and #2 at Sony's request.
What the fuck is this shit ?

50 gigamabytes and they can't have English on every copy ?

Goldrusher

deepbrown said:
25 not 50
If necessary, 50GB is available. MGS4 used a DL 50GB.

Lince said:
retail pressure is too strong.
Well, the Dutch and Flemish are cancelling their pre-orders left and right. We don't play our games in Dutch. Only little kids do. And inFamous ain't a children's game.

deepbrown

Goldrusher said:
If necessary, 50GB is available. MGS4 used a DL 50GB.

Well, the Dutch and Flemish are cancelling their pre-orders left and right. We don't play our games in Dutch. Only little kids do. And inFamous ain't a children's game.
That's because MGS4 needed it. 25GB will always be chosen if possible.

GrayFoxPL

Goldrusher said:
What the fuck is this shit ?

50 gigamabytes and they can't have English on every copy ?

Source of the quote, please?

I wonder how the polish voice over will be, I know nothing about it. After the incredibly dreadfull Fallout 3 dub I'm more then little worried.

Just finished my first run-through. Sunk about 30 or so hours into it and still haven't recovered all the shards (still need 50) and stunts (stuck on one). Get ready to lose hours of your time on the game; it's definitely one of those "just one more mission" games.

Only complaint I had is that enemies are a little too tough at times. People have already posted about their super vision -- it sucks. There's also an absurd number of RPG-totting enemies. One-on-one they're not problem, but they like to group up.

Getting ready for an "evil" run, then maybe an "in-between" run.

Goldrusher said:

Good for them. If a company is completely retarded they should pay the price. I knew SCEE was incompetent but I never expected them to sabotage on purpose their games. WTF is this shit? No english in some countries? Can someone tell me one reason why?

I'm lucky because I'm Greek and they never dub the games or movies here. Our irrelevance had a positive side-effect for once :D

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thanks for ordering Infamous. We wanted to let you know that your copy will come with the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer beta voucher, which Sony recently announced would be included in specially stickered packages of Infamous.

The multiplayer beta voucher will be valid only from June 3, 2009, to June 28, 2009, so be sure to keep an eye out for it when you receive your copy of Infamous.

~Amazon.com Video Games Editors

NO SHIT .

I thought every copy of US infamous come with Uncharted beta no ?

Killzig

I got the same e-mail but it was my understanding that it would be a limited # of copies getting the beta. Guess that wasn't really the case.

Top Bottom