• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

Great to hear about the English patch.

Strider2K99 said:
I'm not talking about holographic or whatever, I mean reversible covers like some games have, can't think of any at the top of my head, but there are a few PS3 games with them.

I know what you meant. ;) But only having good OR evil one the cover at any one time is like displaying only half the game. With they holographic thing you can show both.

Xater

TTP said:
I deserve a cookie for this. I was first in pointing out this crap! :p

*deletes play.com pre-order*

Yep, but Sony redeemed themselves kinda. I really hope they release the the patch Day 1!

EDIT - Hm, YouTube is taking way too long. I'll post the link later.

Oh and I'll definitely attempt (at a later date) to make a 30 and 60 second spot...

DunpealD

Another confirmation about the patch from vg247

I wonder how big the actual patch will be. While I'm glad that SCEE shows some sign of intelligence by patching it, it'll still be an annoyance to download the patch + installing which could have been avoided from the very beginning.

Also we don't know when the patch will be ready or how it will be "patched".

.GqueB.

Banned
JudgeN said:
Total impressed (having not played the demo), played for a couple hours and I didn't want to put it down last night. Normally I don't play sandbox games but they nailed the gameplay constant superhero action.
I was constantly floored by how much is in the demo. I would keep finding new moves. Last one I found was by randomly saying "what does the dpad even do?"

Then lightning rained from the heavens...

inFAMOUS - HD trailer from PIEO

infamous640.jpg

HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJ8q6ZlD-Q&fmt=22

SD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJ8q6ZlD-Q

Any and all comments appreciated :D

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Question! Is play.com faster than amazon.co.uk? heard many horror stories regarding amazon's delivery service, can't decide between these two.

So, um, anyone is gonna get 2 codes for Uncharted 2 beta (one through qore, and one via the game)? Please let me know, i'll remind myself to pester you when the game comes out. I almost always do terrible at code giveaways.

As to why you should help me, here is a cute picture to melt your heart. :D

CatHelp.jpg

Facism

ilanna said:
Question! Is play.com faster than amazon.co.uk? heard many horror stories regarding amazon's delivery service, can't decide between these two.

I've read about people who receive their orders from Play.com before or on release.

Personally, they always manage to send my orders on release day so it arrives either monday or tuesday the next week :/

I have no experience with amazon. I wouldn't be preordering through play.com if it wasn't for the uncharted beta.

N30RYU

TTP you have said that the euro verisons (not including the UK one) haven't got english dub. Have at least subtitles?

I know that they're gonna release a patch, but i ask this 'cause i wanna know if the UK version will have subtitles in all the languages. English dub and subtitiles in spanish, german, itaian or french.

thanks

devilchicken said:
Had no idea the game was only $53.99 at amazon, with free release day delivery for prime members. Couldn't say no to that. :D

Shoulda let it appear in your Goldbox recommendations and then stack the ECA 10% discount on top :D

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
There was a sizable contingent on GAF that loved Crackdown because of how fun it was to travel across the environment. I hope they jump on this train, because it's like that but far better, imo. Movement in this game has to be some of the most fun I've experienced recently.

Click

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
There was a sizable contingent on GAF that loved Crackdown because of how fun it was to travel across the environment. I hope they jump on this train, because it's like that but far better, imo. Movement in this game has to be some of the most fun I've experienced recently.

Please, no more Crackdown comparisons or talk about that game in relation to inFAMOUS. The trolls will storm right in here again, just like they did with the IGN review thread.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Click said:
Please, no more Crackdown comparisons or talk about that game in relation to inFAMOUS. The trolls will storm right in here again, just like they did with the IGN review thread.

yup ..we need some prototype comparisons now :p

iamcool388 said:
So, um, anyone is gonna get 2 codes for Uncharted 2 beta (one through qore, and one via the game)? Please let me know, i'll remind myself to pester you when the game comes out. I almost always do terrible at code giveaways.

As to why you should help me, here is a cute picture to melt your heart. :D

CatHelp.jpg

i will save your white ass if I get the game in the mail before June 3rd ( well since I don't play betas and I wuv my media blackout ) ..if there is no problem with my mail forwarding service ( the way I order stuff from NA ..they are good but sometime delays hit ) then it's all yours mate

Valkyr Junkie said:
Shoulda let it appear in your Goldbox recommendations and then stack the ECA 10% discount on top :D

My ECA discount? whazzat? And I could cancel the preorder and try again to save the extra 10% too.

Edit: Nevermind, just looked it up. Not sure if it would be worth to join since it would be $20 a year and im not sure if i would make up for it in savings.

devilchicken said:
My ECA discount? whazzat? And I could cancel the preorder and try again to save the extra 10% too.

http://www.theeca.com/

Something they just added; the first time I've actually used my membership for anything worthwhile for me. Members get 10% off all game-related purchases on Amazon which means the membership pays for itself in 3-4 games.

Totobeni said:
i will save your white ass if I get the game in the mail before June 3rd ( well since I don't play betas and I wuv my media blackout ) ..if there is no problem with my mail forwarding service ( they way I order from stuff NA ..they are good but sometime delays hit ) then it's all yours mate

I will be praying things go right! Thank you SOOO much!!

Maybe playing Mirror's Edge wasn't such a good idea. Trying to get back into the Infamous demo, and everything suddenly feels so weightless and sticky. Different games, different goals, but it almost feels like the gameplay of Infamous, or control of Cole, is too tight. I'm sure I'll forget about that once I start wielding lightning, though.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Maybe playing Mirror's Edge wasn't such a good idea. Trying to get back into the Infamous demo, and everything suddenly feels so weightless and sticky. Different games, different goals, but it almost feels like the gameplay of Infamous, or control of Cole, is too tight. I'm sure I'll forget about that once I start wielding lightning, though.

Very different types of gameplay though. They are both platformers(heavy platforming elements) but like FPS games that no longer means they have much in common anymore. Genre in gaming is continuing to mean less and less as games continue to diversify.

I am interested what you mean when you say "too tight" though, I think of tight controls as responsive controls.

Torgo

Finished on "Good" today and really enjoyed the game. This honestly exceeded my expectations, especially since I'm usually not big on "open-world" type games. I did have ONE instance where the framerate got pretty bad for about 10 seconds. Overall, the framerate is good, but not consistent overall.

The sound is amazing in 5.1. The sound-field moves around a lot, and nothing drops-out at all. You gotta love uncompressed DTS sound :D

I'll save the rest for my review in Ep114, but rest-assured, it's worth the purchase. I'm shocked that am enjoying this as much as I am. This is really not the type of game that I play normally. The story definitely kept me hooked though.

Torgo said:
Finished on "Good" today and really enjoyed the game. This honestly exceeded my expectations, especially since I'm usually not big on "open-world" type games. I did have ONE instance where the framerate got pretty bad for about 10 seconds. Overall, the framerate is good, but not consistent overall.

The sound is amazing in 5.1. The sound-field moves around a lot, and nothing drops-out at all. You gotta love uncompressed DTS sound :D

I'll save the rest for my review in Ep114, but rest-assured, it's worth the purchase. I'm shocked that am enjoying this as much as I am. This is really not the type of game that I play normally. The story definitely kept me hooked though.

How are the visuals and performance in comparison to the demo if I may ask? I heard one or two say better, one or two say same.

MvmntInGrn said:
Very different types of gameplay though. They are both platformers(heavy platforming elements) but like FPS games that no longer means they have much in common anymore. Genre in gaming is continuing to mean less and less as games continue to diversify.

I am interested what you mean when you say "too tight" though, I think of tight controls as responsive controls.

I wouldn't dwell on it. But, you know how KZ2 has received a fair amount of criticism for its weighted motion and aiming? Right now, it feels to me as if Infamous errs on the side of precision. It's very snappy and I'm sure that in the midst of dishing out lightning and mayhem I will appreciate this, so it's most likely just a matter of some games not meshing well when played one after the other.

AltogetherAndrews said:
I wouldn't dwell on it. But, you know how KZ2 has received a fair amount of criticism for its weighted motion and aiming? Right now, it feels to me as if Infamous errs on the side of precision. It's very snappy and I'm sure that in the midst of dishing out lightning and mayhem I will appreciate this, so it's most likely just a matter of some games not meshing well when played one after the other.

Thats it. Its like playing KZ2 after Resistance 2. Killzone 2's controls make sense for that game and wouldnt work on Resistance 2, and vice versa.

Trust me, in some of the larger, more hectic confrontations, you would be thankful that Cole controls exactly how you want him to control... that snap-to-surface is going to save you on multiple occasions. Its just a developer making a decision based on his gameplay objective.

iamcool388 said:
Does anyone know what time the embargo lifts? The review embargo is up today as far as I remember.
Kotaku / GameStop / etc. just said Wednesday... as in today (probably have to wait until someone is in the office to publish).

iamcool388 said:
Haha I just finished smoking some hookah... without any drugs in it though. :lol
Some tobacco is cool, but I'm cool off nicotine. I get my simple highs from games like inFAMOUS. Adrenaline kicks in and your brain gets cooking. Same thing happens in Killzone 2. Every time I play online I need a session of Flower to get zen.

Hopefully the platforming in this one will keep me from getting such a rush so constantly :lol

Dever

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:

Controls always take a moment to click with me. I really liked the controls in KZ2, but after taking a month-long break from that game playing the Jak series and Uncharted it took me more than an hour to get used to how slow the aiming was again.

sarcoa

Any gaffers live by a Meijer? This morning I walked out of one in KY with inFamous. Not sure if that was isolated or if it's store wide.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
magus said:
Are the Gigawatt Blades worth getting? Gamestop is offering it as a preorder bonus. I kinda want to order from amazon though =/.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270262

not worth it IMO , it will break the game and the gameplay since it's a 1 Hit Kill weapon

1up said:
This ability (pictured above) grants players a pair of giant, electrically-charged blades that extend from the wrists, allowing for instant-kill slashing attacks. While that's arguably not very sporting, it also happens to sound completely awesome.

h3ro

xenorevlis said:
Some tobacco is cool, but I'm cool off nicotine. I get my simple highs from games like inFAMOUS. Adrenaline kicks in and your brain gets cooking. Same thing happens in Killzone 2. Every time I play online I need a session of Flower to get zen.

This is living.

bizatch

Click said:
A 'certain banned site' (Joy____) on GAF has their review up.

Google it if you're at all interested...

Does this site that I never ever ever visit :D not have a rating score anymore?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
"not worth it IMO , it will break the game and the gameplay since it's a 1 Hit Kill weapon"

Well, that's fricken stupid....why make available an upgrade that completely kills the challenge right out of the box? I'm not using my code then....

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
"not worth it IMO , it will break the game and the gameplay since it's a 1 Hit Kill weapon"

Well, that's fricken stupid....why make available an upgrade that completely kills the challenge right out of the box? I'm not using my code then....

Well do we know how much energy it takes to use?

Click

Banned
h3ro said:
Pretty positive review.

"The greatest superhero game I've ever played."

"As fun as using these powers are (especially when linked together in devastating combos), simply traveling around Empire City (the game's post-apocalyptic setting) is a blast."

"As far as sandbox settings go, Empire City isn't all that fleshed out."

"The movement and combat blend together with remarkable fluidity."

"A few slight hiccups disrupt the seamless weave of action and motion Sucker Punch has crafted, the most puzzling of these being the extremely sparing use of music during gameplay. The rare, tedious side missions are made all the more unbearable when performed to near silence."

"The cityscape is beautiful, and free of load times and pop-ups. The plot is gripping and well paced. The gameplay is fluid, frantic and entirely enjoyable. The animations are butter smooth. The character and power progression is engrossing."

Ruh uh.
"...free of load times and pop-ups."

People in this thread are going to have issues with this statement, lol.

bizatch said:
Does this site that I never ever ever visit :D not have a rating score anymore?

I never visit this site either but I actually prefer their review system.
No score, relatively short, to-the-point text review.

People don't argue over tenths of a point in scores or if a + or - in a letter review means the game is good or bad.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Well, I'm in the U.S. (if it matters for code purposes), so the first person that PM's me can have my code for the blades.

I'll scratch off the card and give it to you tonite when im at home. I just dont want to use it if its going to make the game ridiculously easy.....

EDIT-- Code claimed by h3ro....

Top Bottom