• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

e1f6uo.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

Flek

Banned
anyone:

Flek said:
i need to ask before preordering. This Uncharted 2 beta thingy is US Only? So if i order the uk version of inFamous iam not getting any Beta love right?

???

I wish there were more available footage of it already. If anyone has review copies and would like to help provide source footage for a music video / trailer I'd be glad to create one.

Already have songs, trailers, and the clips from GamerSyde in 720p.

Loudninja

xenorevlis said:
I wish there were more available footage of it already. If anyone has review copies and would like to help provide source footage for a music video / trailer I'd be glad to create one.

Did watch all the great new vids IGN put up?

xenorevlis said:

I have a copy of the game, but have zero knowledge of how to capture video etc. I can help with input once you've made it though, just like with the KZ2 ad. The KZ2 ad you made was great... that ending :lol

Truant

Sorry I didn't pull through with the impressions. Been having some isses with my regular source. I'll make it up some way.

Can someone clear the following for me: I live in Poland, and Sony just announced that inFamous will be full PL language, voices included. Terrible for me, as I like to play my games in English, but something caught my eye. One of Polish online stores has an offer for inFamous LE:

http://www.ultima.pl/inFamous_PL_Edycja_Limitowana_/i7005/

"The bundle contains:
game
postcards
comic book
SPECIAL CODE UNLOCKING ADDITIONAL POWERS FOR THE CHARACTER"

Did anyone hear about this in other LEs (if any)? What powers could that be?

-Winnie-

Castor Krieg said:
Can someone clear the following for me: I live in Poland, and Sony just announced that inFamous will be full PL language, voices included. Terrible for me, as I like to play my games in English, but something caught my eye. One of Polish online stores has an offer for inFamous LE:

http://www.ultima.pl/inFamous_PL_Edycja_Limitowana_/i7005/

"The bundle contains:
game
postcards
comic book
SPECIAL CODE UNLOCKING ADDITIONAL POWERS FOR THE CHARACTER"

Did anyone hear about this in other LEs (if any)? What powers could that be?

Most likely the same as this:
http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3/product.cfm?id=14517&refer=smallhero

Extra powers are the gigawatt blades.

raYne

mr_nothin said:
Are we REALLY discussing whether or not water can hurt him?

I'd think he'd die from the electricity 1st, if anything. Also....you know what nvm.
On a related note, the very first thing I did when I booted up the demo was jump into the ocean.

..:lol

Let me know if something needs to be spoilered, or de-spoilered, asap as i'm gonna be heading for bed soon... and dont want to come back after 6 hours to find out i've unwittingly spoiled the game for GAF. :D

Played for almost a couple of hours. We all know how addictive the gameplay is from the demo, so I wont delve into that. Neither will I comment on graphics, because they didnt bother me in the demo, and they sure dont bother me in the full game. However, if you go to the harbor/pier areas and look at the water, your framerate jumps up to 60 fps... and makes me wish the whole game was like that. I dont particularly care, but the difference is there. Thats the only time I thought of graphics, otherwise i'm quite happy. You can call me the anti-TTP... I'm blind as a bat when it comes to finding technical, graphical issues :lol

As for missions, I am pleasantly surprised at how much platforming is part of the missions. Until now, almost every mission I have done has involved platforming of some kind, whether it be <pretty vague mission descriptions begin>
climbing a statue, jumping over pipes and overhanging objects while they fall off within seconds, jumping from platform to platform while trying to avoid water as well as shooting reapers at the same time, to running across the city to reach certain places before a timer expires
. Its great fun, and I am loving it. Of course, as of now I dont have the ability to <abilities in demo, but not at beginning of the game>
grind on electric lines or train tracks
, neither can I
glide through the air
... but it isnt as aggravating as I had assumed it would be.

As of now, i have done some main missions as well as a couple of side missions, and they have all made sense story wise... none of them seem filler, or the kind which seem to have been added to pad up the game. Even when you have to acquire collectibles, you directly benefit from them, either in the form of information (dead drops) or more power (shards.) Also, reaching them is quite fun, and the shards especially are in out of the way places, so trying to get them requires some dexterity. My powers are not fully upgraded either, and I have the first level of the <description of powers, which we all know, but still spoilered to be safe>
lightning bolt, thunder drop, shock wave, melee and reduced damage powers
... dont have
grenades
yet, which is a bummer. I can understand not having the
lightning strike
early on, as its a pretty advanced power, but
grenades
should have been unlocked from the beginning IMO. It takes longer to get XP than i would like, so upgrading all your powers is going to take ages. However, I just got the ability to heal people, and thats 3 XP each heal... there are tons of hurt/injured people lying around, so earning XP should pick up now.

The voice acting has been great... This was one of my concerns a few months ago, based on the videos out then, but my concerns were misplaced. Its not Uncharted level, but its above average, with Moya and Zeke really shining so far. Moya has the voice you would expect a Govt. Agent to have, and her dialogues are also crisp and measured. Zeke is the goofball, conspiracy theorist nut we all know from countless movies, but his banter with Cole is quite entertaining at times. The comic book panel cutscenes are extremely well made, and the karma moments arent as corny as the general assumption is IMO. The two sides are explained well, and they generally make sense too. There are good reasons for going evil or good, and the karma moments do a very good job to succinctly tell you what your options are, and why they are justified.

inFAMOUS is pretty much exactly what I had hoped. The demo had increased my hype quite a bit, and I was anticipating it a lot, and till now it has met my expectations. If the story continues to be as interesting as its opening has been, and the missions remain varied and make logical sense in the world, I can easily see inFAMOUS being on GOTY lists. All in all, I cant wait to play some more!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll answer when I wake up.

Is there another way to try the demo than to share it ? Will it come someday on the PSN ?
I really don't know if this game is for me. There is some things I could like a lot and some that could end up being boring. I need to try it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dizzan said:
Nice thread. I agree that the Sony love is a little overboard.

Will be buying as I enjoyed the demo.
I think anyone who is a rational adult can tell you that this is something created, not fact. It happens as there are fanboys from all sides. This is a perception created by fanboys. Overboard is too harsh, let's just say we have many who are excited for games.

I hope this thread stays clean as page 2-3 were already crap. Where are some mods? These are just the internets but the instigating is not as bad as the defending. Most interested parties are actually anticipating. You can tell which posts are the trolls.

Any more GAF impressions?

thaOwner

Chû Totoro said:
Is there another way to try the demo than to share it ? Will it come someday on the PSN ?
I really don't know if this game is for me. There is some things I could like a lot and some that could end up being boring. I need to try it.
Yeah its going to be availble on PSN on the 21st of this month for everyone. You can try it then.

LiquidMetal14 said:
I hope this thread stays clean as page 2-3 were already crap. Where are some mods? These are just the internets but the instigating is not as bad as the defending. Most interested parties are actually anticipating. You can tell which posts are the trolls.

Very true. Only one poster had anything troll like to say about the game and the shit storm came from the people piling on him. There are plenty of well thought out impressions in the thread but they pretty much go unnoticed but if someone makes a irrational negative statement it will be sure to get plenty of attention. All official threads, Sony exclusive or not, have troll posts throughout, the only difference here is how people react to them. I wish some of you guys would see that.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Dragnet said:
Uuuh...we've known for ages. In europe you gotta order with play.com to get the beta.

Will Sony be inviting people who don't buy the game like with previous betas? I got into a fair amount of the betas in the past that way and i really want to play Uncharted.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Among the many things I am looking forward to regarding inFAMOUS is getting to crank up the surround sound and immersing myself in its atmosphere. One thing I have noticed with a lot of the Sony first party releases is their excellent audio work. I hope inFAMOUS continues this trend.

DenogginizerOS said:
Among the many things I am looking forward to regarding inFAMOUS is getting to crank up the surround sound and immersing myself in its atmosphere. One thing I have noticed with a lot of the Sony first party releases is their excellent audio work. I hope inFAMOUS continues this trend.
It's not 1st party but Wipeout HD's sound is amazing (like a lot of things in this game).

thaOwner said:
Yeah its going to be availble on PSN on the 21st of this month for everyone. You can try it then.

And thanks for the PSN demo release date. I'll try it then.

raYne said:
You do know what the power is, right? You activate the "blades", run up to someone slash them and they die. You just take them out in one melee hit rather than the 2-3 it usually takes. It even uses the exact same animation and they die exactly the same. Big whoop.
Could end up having some cool upgrades, though, who knows?

CrushDance said:
Game prices have gone up again here in Canada from $59.99 to 569.99
:O

Sorry, this PS3 exclusive game may be good, but it isn't worth six hundred dollars.

soldat7

KGKK said:
Man I wish NA was getting the LE too. Would have so bought it.

NA gets the shaft once again. *shakes head*

AltogetherAndrews said:
I'm not sure about this deal with not being able to blaze through the game with upgraded powers. If it at least had a "reset gangs" function like Crackdown had then that would probably be good enough, but it doesn't sound like it does. Seems like there will be limited usage for your upper tier powers.

To be fair, a lot of what makes Crackdown such an enduring game today was patched in after release. Hopefully we'll see some hefty DLC with inFAMOUS as well.

KZObsessed

Click said:
No prob.
Also, I see what you did with the thread title, FF. >.>

:lol

Hey, that was CHRP, I just copied and pasted!

Feeling a bit guilty getting credit for his work. Need to make it more clear in the OP I think. :p

Dave1988

It turned out the the Polish version of inFamous will be a full localisation without the option to choose the original English track :/

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....

RavenFox

Banned
Click said:
People will try, but GT5 is well-protected by some crazy mofos.
I went in the thread saying I thought GT4 and GT5 Prologue were boring and not as fun as GT3 or GT2 and they were ready to take my head off. :lol
Damn right bitch:D

jax (old)

Banned
.... I just read that we don't get this in australia til the 4th of June or 11th of june. Might have to playasia this so I can play it a bit sooner. :p (AUD is still shit... no playasia import for me). :S

... australia's got a LE? ... :lol

Wollan

Dave1988 said:
It turned out the the Polish version of inFamous will be a full localisation without the option to choose the original English track :/

Really? Maybe the source is wrong. Sony usually have like a dozen+ languages to choose from with their 1st party BD PS3 titles.

Nightz

I'm actually enjoying playing the evil side quite a bit. The evil side missions are a lot more fun than the good ones. More havoc and destruction. :D

Top Bottom