• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Initial D Extreme Stage (PS3)

kay

2j0nkva.gif

x1x7cy.jpg

Title: 頭文字D (Initial D) EXTREME STAGE
Release date: 2008/7/3
Price: 7,980円
Platform: PLAYSTATION 3
Genre: Racing
No. of players: 1~2
CERO: A
Official site:
http://initiald.sega.jp/ps3/
http://www.initiald-ps3.com/index2.html
Promotion video: http://www.initiald-ps3.com/movie/promo01.html

2r7bkp2.jpg

Initial D Extreme Stage is based off of Initial D Arcade Version 4.

FEATURES
n3kuhx.jpg

• Improved graphics with real-time watercolor shading
2wh1pc9.jpg
2evarmu.jpg
69fhtx.jpg

• Online mode complete with rankings and text chat- Offline is hot, online is hotter
346lxrm.jpg
2d6jjax.jpg

• Time attack mode with leaderboards and ghost data downloads
2d2g44.jpg

• Garage mode
18zz9g.jpg

• OP & ED songs from m.o.v.e http://www.electropica.com/
2m5xlqf.jpg

COURSES
- Mt. Myogi
- Akagi
- Akina
- Lake Akina
- Irohazaka
- Tsukuba
- Happogahara

CARS
Toyota
o Trueno GT-APEX (AE86)
o LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86)
o LEVIN SR (AE85)
o MR2 G-Limited (SW20)
o Altezza RS-200 (SXE10)

Mitsubishi
o Lancer GSR Evolution III (CE9A)
o Lancer RS Evolution IV (CN9A)
o Lancer GSR Evolution IX (CT9A)

Nissan
o Skyline GTR V-Spec II (BNR32)
o Skyline GTR V-Spec II Nur (BNR34)
o Silvia K's (S13)
o Silvia Q's (S14)
o Silvia Spec-R (S15)
o 180SX Type X (RPS13)

Mazda
o RX-7 Type R (FD3S)
o RX-7 Infini III (FC3S)
o RX-8 Type S (SE3P)
o Roadster S Special (NA6C)

Honda
o Civic Type R (EK9)
o Civic SiR II (EG6)
o Integra Type R (DC2)
o S2000 (AP1)

Subaru
o Subaru Impreza WRX-STi Version V Type R (GC8V)
o Impreza WRX-STi 2007 Edition (GDBF)

Suzuki
o Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R)

Initial D brand
o Sileighty

FUTURE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
• Model data
• Character data
• Digital comics
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Mattlikewhoa after I borrowed some content
Images © SEGA Corporation

lherre

Accurate
I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want,

Ashhong

yes yes yes! i was just thinking they should start the anime up again. this will have to do. i want an american version sega!

bjork

BeeDog said:
I have no clue what this is about. Can some kind GAFer enlighten me?

Kid delivers tofu and learns to drive a mountain real good. Some other racer guys can't beat him. Imagine DBZ, but with cars.

It translates into an okay game, though.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Oh shit my friend is going to fucking buy a PS3 once I tell him about this shit! He fucking love the arcade game haha.

BeeDog

bjork said:
Kid delivers tofu and learns to drive a mountain real good. Some other racer guys can't beat him. Imagine DBZ, but with cars.

It translates into an okay game, though.

Based on that description:

qrzqdf.jpg

Then again, I'm not a big fan of manga/anime. Also, any new game is better than no games. :D

bjork

BeeDog said:

Then again, I'm not a big fan of manga/anime. Also, any new game is better than no games. :D

Well, my description is kinda simplified. But after working here and having 80 zillion people watch this show and then think they can drift an SUV in a mall parking lot, I'm a bit "over" Initial D now. :p

jarrod

Banned
Sort of surprised this got greenlit after all SEGA's other PS3 arcade games (Sega Golf Club, VF5, VT3, Sega Rally) tanked. The PSP game did okay though iirc, wonder if TOSE is doing the port again too?

Threi

notag
DRIVE QUICKY FAST DRIFT NICE SLIDE PSHHHHHHHHH 86 COROLLA WHOOOOOOO TAKE THAT TURN GOOD MOUNTAIN ALMOST DONE GRRRRRRRR

Disclaimer: 86 Corollas are pure win though.

lupinko

Lostconfused said:
So i guess this is a IDv4 port.

Your avatar is from valkyrie of the battlefield?

Yes, that's Selvaria, who is the Valkyria of the Battlefield, unfortunately on the opposing side of the player.

FirewalkR

BeeDog said:

do not want.gif

I wouldn't say DBZ-like, it's always been a bit more serious in tone, despite the traditional japanese/anime antics by some of the characters. And it's grown more serious with each season (as characters mature...). It's obviously exagerated in parts and the capabilities of the drivers but it's great fun for car/sports racing/tuning/drifting/street racing fans. :) And it's got (the japanese version at least) great/horrible eurobeat music depending on whether you love/hate that stuff.

Oooh that moment in season 4 when Keisuke's Mazda goes side by side with the GT-R fast approaching the cone where they'll have to turn back... What happened next made me laugh as hard as the force that my nuts hit the ground with. :D

LiK

FirewalkR said:
I wouldn't say DBZ-like, it's always been a bit more serious in tone, despite the traditional japanese/anime antics by some of the characters. And it's grown more serious with each season (as characters mature...). It's obviously exagerated in parts and the capabilities of the drivers but it's great fun for car/sports racing/tuning/drifting/street racing fans. :) And it's got (the japanese version at least) great/horrible eurobeat music depending on whether you love/hate that stuff.

amen. i'll probably wait and see if there's a SE package before i preorder it from that link.

FirewalkR

LOL at those manga pics, where did you guys get that? :lol

Multi-track drifting lol, looks like Keisuke's expression in the very first episode when Takumi eases by, think it was "Inertia dorifto!" :O

Top Bottom